What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fitzy's league Sledge

Suitman

Post Whore
Not just Adam Goodes, but dozens of others.
This just in the past week.
Has hanky head commented on this?

taipan

Referee
I notice also there was no criticism from Hanky Head, on the Essendon player (who tested positive)who on at least half a dozen occasions ignored isolation requirements.
The guy is the most blatant anti rl media type ,ever allowed in the print and electronic media. Yet the "home of rugby league" (choke ,cough, sputter ,f*rt) sees fit to have him promoting his bile.But ,but,according to Nein's Skidman,the NRL wastes money and they promote the game.

Warriors Fever

Juniors
Just had a look and Tubs really did his best not to put one on that cucks chin. taylor was basically saying that if the government health advice in nsw is relaxed then the nrl are probably fine to relax player restrictions. But peter kept interrupting him saying he hadn’t answered the question.

even Liz Ellis who’s from Adelaide I think saw reason as nsw hasn’t had community spread cases for a while now.

The_Frog

First Grade
How to spot a Victorian at an NRL match? Here are the signs
by Peter Fitzsimons
https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/ho...match-here-are-the-signs-20200701-p5583c.html

When it comes to Australia coming back from the Plague, it was put a bit brilliantly by comedian Ross Noble on the Sunday Project.

"I don't know if you're across this," Noble began, "but currently the country's going through what scientists call the ‘Spice Girls paradigm'."

"Hang on," my missus interrupted. "What's the Spice Girls paradigm?"

"Everyone's trying really hard," Noble replied, "but Victoria's ruining it!"

Boom, boom.

And sadly, there is truth in it. I have no clue why Victoria – which has had the harshest regime of all states and territories concerning lockdown – should be suddenly struggling so badly as their infection rate surges, but there is no denying it.

With several dozen day a getting infected it will be a miracle if it doesn't make its way sometime soon into the ranks of the AFL to threaten their season once more, and on Wednesday the NRL's Peter V'landys was taking no chances when it comes to Victorians buggering up the return of limited crowds to rugby league matches this weekend.

"They will all go ahead," V'landys said, "with the condition that no Victorians are allowed in. We're going to be vigilant in ensuring no Victorians are going to any of our games."

As to just how the NRL will determine which of prospective attendees are Victorians and which ones are normal, decent, clean, unaffected and uninfected people, that is less clear. I mean at least there'll be no problem with letting the Melbourne Storm team in because every man-jack of them are transplanted Queenslanders or New South Welshmen or Kiwis anyway. They are as much Victorians as I would be a netballer if I wore a netballer skirt.

No, we do need to find a way to determine real Victorians, beyond the obvious: looking for shivering people with slightly superior attitudes, and kind of beady eyes, waffling on about how Federation Square is every bit as good as our Opera House. Seriously, they do say that!

Fortunately, when I posed the question on Twitter, people were most helpful.

"[We'll] be the ones," one Victorian insisted, "walking in the opposite direction of the stadium."

"Victorians are like vegans. Hang around one long enough and they'll tell you. (About 2 minutes)."

Their predilection to be that strangest of all things – coffee snobs – was a frequent theme.

"Just don't sell any lattes at the game. Problem solved."

"Ask everyone going to the game ... 'how would you like your coffee?' If the answer is 'a double shot decaffeinated kale chi soy latte with almond milk' ... 99.97 per cent chance they're from Melbourne."

"Frankly just ask for the nearest Starbucks, if our nose crinkles in disgust we've given ourselves away."

"The NRL needs sniffer dogs that can identify an expertly poured long macchiato made from in house roasted fair trade beans on someone's breath, that'll keep those pesky Victorians out."

Another odour though is perhaps also distinctive.

"We all smell of failure, with a hint of importance and sandalwood."

As to looks, there are a few dead giveaways.

"Cardigans hung casually but meaningfully over the shoulders."

"You will find them milling in laneways, with lumberjack beards, ordering craft beers and rolling their own cigarettes."

How do they sound? One reader swears that if Victorians are asked what c-a-s-t-l-e spells, they say "cassell", as opposed to what normal people say, which is castle, pronounced "car-sell".

"We will ask for a "Be-AH" instead of "BeER."

Also: "Show them a potato scallop and if they call it a 'potato cake', turn them away!"

And I reckon they also sound a bit sniffy, to judge from many tweets.

"[True] Victorians wouldn't go to an NRL game anyway. Some, who are (rightfully) embarrassed about being from another state, might try to pass themselves off as superior statespersons, but 'tis a feeble gesture ..."

"They'll be the ones who don't know what an NRL is."

Oh, too SHAY!

As is this one, sadly.

"You won't spot us. We'll be disguised as cruise ships."

But, nearly enough. I will leave the last words to a gentle member of the Melbourne twitterati.

"You won't see us, it's winter and we all know what that means: fabulous winter coats, to-die-for boots, moleskin jeans and berets. Black of course, sipping lattes and discussing art, see you in spring when you come down for the carnival."

Only if you let us in ...

In the meantime, you Victorians, stay as safe as you can in these tough times, and all strength to you. But seriously, don't worry about coming to the rugby league, you won't be missing that much in any case. I can tell you now who will win anyway. Roosters will get up over the Parramatta Eels in a thriller. The Storm will come fourth and Cameron Smith will go forth into his retirement as the captain of the losing minor-semi team.

That is all you need to know.

Poor hankyhead. Having had no success whatsoever in his efforts to stop the NRL restarting in May, and seeing it now powering as both Union and AFL splutter, he resorts to labelling our competition a foregone conclusion. Roosters first, Parra second and Storm 4th. He didn't favour us with his 3rd place though. Maybe he is Bunnies Man.

By the way, I just saw an old Spice Girls video on TV, and Victoria definately didn't ruin it.

juro

Bench
Wait a second, didn't the AFL also say that Victorians weren't allowed? And didn't the NSW govt just say that people from the affected suburbs face jail time if they even enter NSW??

Warriors Fever

Juniors
Victoria is in the news the afl is in jeopardy....but what if, I make this all rugby leagues fault? Delightfully cuckish peter.
Now time to go home and watch other men f**k my wife

taipan

Referee
There's lately a Collinghood player by the name of Steele Sidebottom (LOL should be Soft A*se) facing suspension for breaching AFLs COVID-19 rules.

The journo d*ckhead we know as Hanky Head FitzSimons , made a huge song and dance issue out of the NRL gimps who buggered up the COVID-19 rules and got fined and suspended, fair enough no argument from me.

For this same lump of humanity, not once has he had the guts to come out and express his concern and disgust at the actions of these dumbass AFL players, bearing in mind it's happened now on a number of occasions.
But give him a keyboard and with clickbaits in mind, he'll belt out (in a p*ssweak attempt at humour) the usual direct or discrete anti NRL message.The Storm fans re the COVID-19 is the latest in his hit list, the sarcasm flowing like a turd down a sewer line.

This is the same git, who predicted 15 years ago the Storm would not last in Melbourne ,and have to move to the Central Coast.
But by golly by gosh, he'll tell you about the wonderful 1 minute's silence at the MCG at AFL's ANZAC Day fixture, the constant boot licking for that code is cringeworthy.

The_Frog

First Grade
But by golly by gosh, he'll tell you about the wonderful 1 minute's silence at the MCG at AFL's ANZAC Day fixture, the constant boot licking for that code is cringeworthy.
To be accurate, it isn't just him. It's all media and he's just doing what he's told. One day the truth will be revealed.

Rhino_NQ

Immortal
Surprised he hasn't unleashed an unlimited stream of jizz in a hero worship[ping article out the bravest men to ever live leaving their families to go the the AFL hubs............and completely ignoring the existance of the storm and warriors

Whino

Bench
‘What a clown’: NRL fans unload on rugby bandana bore Peter FitzSimons

• July 9, 2020 1:32pm
  • by Fox Sports Editorial
  • Source: FOX SPORTS
7497021672cc8638a3f0c372dbdfadb4

Rugby league critic Peter FitzSimons on Channel 9.Source: Channel 9
EDITORIAL
NRL fans have slayed emaciated Mosman resident Peter FitzSimons for his constant criticism of rugby league, describing him as a “noted league hater” deflecting from the miserable failure of his own code, rugby union.

The increasingly shrill chairman of the Australian Republic Movement condemned Manly player Addin Fonua-Blake’s offensive comments this week – along with every other commentator – but fans called out his constant derision of the NRL and Peter V’landys’ commendable work to restart the game.

Manly fan Steven tweeted: “Condom head takes every chance he can to s..t on league, no matter what has happened. Why continue to give him a platform?”

Rob Bechara added: “Must be the first time he’s criticised something to do with rugby league in the last 30 minutes or so. I won’t even give it the dignity of reading it.”

Joseph tweeted simply: “What a clown” and Greg Atkins cheekily asked: “Who is that old woman?”

FitzSimons, derided by fans on Twitter as ‘bandana head’ and ‘Captain Feathersword’ from the Wiggles, doubled down on Thursday, describing the NRL as a ‘parish pump’ competition. This was despite the NRL’s record ratings success since the COVID-19 shutdown and the near bankruptcy of his beloved rugby union in this country.
The bearded columnist, who ditched sugar and booze to take up boring everyone senseless for a living, used reports suggesting Eddie Jones and Michael Cheika might switch to coaching NRL to launch yet another attack on successful former Wallabies coach Alan Jones.

In attacking Jones’ coaching record at the Balmain Tigers, FitzSimons observed the recently retired king of radio was successful in rugby ‘because he extracted professional commitments from amateurs and imposed professional standards.’

How Australian rugby could use an Alan Jones right now.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...s/news-story/80efe27d87610bcb96838bffa561c7d2