What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fitzy's league Sledge

juro

Bench
If only the NRL had hired the number crunchers from the union world cup. Forget about millions, we would have gotten into the billions!!!

Chief_Chujo

First Grade
fitzy has put the mockers on the vegas jaunt. usually results in astounding success. still, what a complete flog. must be so butt hurt about union he can barely wake each day.

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/why-the-nfl-should-not-bring-a-game-to-sydney-20240911-p5k9qj.html

Why the NFL should not bring a game to Sydney​

Bring it in tight, NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell, if you would?
It’s about your remarks last week about taking the NFL global, by playing matches around the world.

Miami Dolphins star Tyreek Hill almost didn't make it to his team's first game of the season against Jacksonville.
“We expect to be in Asia soon,” you told Good Morning Football a few days ago. “We expect to be in Australia soon. We’re going to make sure that our game is available around the globe. And I think the ownership has been great on that.
“They’ve passed a resolution where every team is obligated to play [outside the US]. We’re going to have eight [international] games a year, minimum. And if we do get to an 18 and two [pre-season] game season, we likely will see even more international games. And I hope someday we’ll be playing 16.”

Great! From your point of view, there is no doubt that “going global” makes a lot of sense. Yes, it might take a little while for you to explain the idea of a genuine “World Series” to your friends in baseball, but you’ll no doubt get there.
I write now though, specifically on the idea of bringing a regular match to Sydney, which has been raised in recent days, here. Mate, let me cut to the chase: you needn’t bother.
NFL modern-day great Patrick Mahomes.

NFL modern-day great Patrick Mahomes.Credit:Getty Images
All that effort!
All that palaver, hold the pavlova.

All that carry-on, not even counting the main baggage!
I have a much better idea, and you can thank me later.
Here’s the plan.
Wait for it ...
Wait for it, I said!

Instead of holding the match in Sydney, hold it in ... Las Vegas instead.
Yes, yes, yes, I know you already have a team in Sin City, but hear me out. It’s all to do with the timing.

The NFL should tap into the great success the NRL enjoyed in Las Vegas.Credit:AP
See, hold it after the next NRL matches in Las Vegas, due next March. There are, dinkum, those in the media who have claimed “tens of millions” and even “100 million” will watch those games, and the genius of this is you can just piggyback off our leaguies! What a vast improvement on the reported paltry 30 million people beyond American shores who watched the Super Bowl.
You get the advantages, surely?

See, the NRL has proven there is this massive hidden market in the USA for you to tap into, that puts your own thirty million overseas audience for the Super Bowl, to shame.
No, I mean it. You’re welcome.

NFL 2024

‘Time to make it happen’: Sydney jockeying for historic NFL clash

And look, don’t be confused by the reports that those games in Las Vegas last year actually only an average of 50,000 people in America watching. That was just jealous Rah-Rah types, bitter that their own game is dying a miserable death in Australia. They are knuckle-dragging Neanderthals who just don’t get the genius of the move to Las Vegas.
But you must. I can tell you, it is rugby league taking off the USA, and then the world. And it will be a wonderful move on your part to go along for the ride.
Hahahaha I can feel the seethe from here. Suffer in your jocks you bitter old merkin

Incorrect

Coach
I just posted this in the comments section in response to the article....

"How much does it burn the columnist that rugby league, along with AFL and the A-League, continue to leave the withering carcass that is rugby union in this country for dead??

This awful attempt at satire and trying to stick it to rugby league, was about as funny as the Wallabies performance last weekend. Actually, the latter was pretty funny.... The article above, not so much....."

Latest posts