What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Five years ago...

SYDNEY ROOSTERS 24
roosters_2000_s.jpg

Tries: Jason Cayless, Chris Flannery, Iosia Soliola, Joel Monaghan
Goals: Craig Fitzgibbon (4 from 5)
1 Anthony Minichiello, 2 Amos Roberts, 3 Ryan Cross, 4 Joel Monaghan, 20 Iosia Soliola, 6 Chris Flannery, 7 Brett Firman, 8 Jason Cayless, 9 Craig Wing, 10 Adrian Morley, 11 Ned Catic, 12 Craig Fitzgibbon, 13 Luke Ricketson (c).
Bench: 14 Stuart Webb, 15 Richard Fa'aoso, 16 George Rose, 17 Nigel Plum.
Coach: Ricky Stuart.
SOUTH SYDNEY RABBITOHS 12
souths_1988_s.jpg

Tries: Roy Bell, Ashley Harrison
Goals: Joe Williams (2 from 3)
1 Adam MacDougall, 2 Luke MacDougall, 3 Shannon Hegarty, 4 Lee Hookey, 5 Roy Bell, 6 John Sutton, 7 Joe Williams, 8 Peter Cusack, 9 Shane Walker, 10 Scott Geddes, 11 Bryan Fletcher (c), 12 Luke Stuart, 13 Ashley Harrison.
Bench: 14 Mark Minichiello, 15 David Fa'alogo, 16 Shane Rigon, 17 Scott Logan.
Coach: Shaun McRae.

Choppies

Coach
Was it this game or 2004 when we beat them but Stuart was so pissed he made them train right after the game. I'm pretty sure Wing got injured that game.

nqcowboy87

Bench
ricky said that game was the worst game hed seen the roosters play, i think firman was dropped about two weeks later to premier league and never seen in a roosters jersey again.
52378564.jpg

52378251.jpg

times how they change

Last edited:

Choppies

Coach
I seem to recall Firman got dropped after the Good Friday game against the Broncos. I swear every kick he had that night went dead and gave the Broncos an extra 20 metres every time.

JT_

Juniors
I could remember how different the team was every week back then. Ricky chopped and changed so much we couldn't be consistent at all. It didn't help that we had suspensions/injuries but we still underachieved so bad.

adamkungl

Immortal
We should have made the finals instead of Manly but some merkin of a ref called a forward pass that no one else could see was forward...

nqcowboy87

Bench
We should have made the finals instead of Manly but some merkin of a ref called a forward pass that no one else could see was forward...

was that the game where the fans pelted the ref with rubbish:lol:

i remeber stuart had so much trouble with the halves that he used craig wing, brett firman, chris flannery, amos roberts and michael crocker at 6 as well as wing finch, firman and roberts at 7

Yeah, Michael Monaghan from memory scored the sh*thouse try, cost us dearly.
They also knocked us out by beating Canberra in the last round from memory.

stumped

Juniors
SYDNEY ROOSTERS 24
roosters_2000_s.jpg

Tries: Jason Cayless, Chris Flannery, Iosia Soliola, Joel Monaghan
Goals: Craig Fitzgibbon (4 from 5)
1 Anthony Minichiello, 2 Amos Roberts, 3 Ryan Cross, 4 Joel Monaghan, 20 Iosia Soliola, 6 Chris Flannery, 7 Brett Firman, 8 Jason Cayless, 9 Craig Wing, 10 Adrian Morley, 11 Ned Catic, 12 Craig Fitzgibbon, 13 Luke Ricketson (c).
Bench: 14 Stuart Webb, 15 Richard Fa'aoso, 16 George Rose, 17 Nigel Plum.
Coach: Ricky Stuart.
SOUTH SYDNEY RABBITOHS 12
souths_1988_s.jpg

Tries: Roy Bell, Ashley Harrison
Goals: Joe Williams (2 from 3)
1 Adam MacDougall, 2 Luke MacDougall, 3 Shannon Hegarty, 4 Lee Hookey, 5 Roy Bell, 6 John Sutton, 7 Joe Williams, 8 Peter Cusack, 9 Shane Walker, 10 Scott Geddes, 11 Bryan Fletcher (c), 12 Luke Stuart, 13 Ashley Harrison.
Bench: 14 Mark Minichiello, 15 David Fa'alogo, 16 Shane Rigon, 17 Scott Logan.
Coach: Shaun McRae.
anyone notice the number of ex-roosters in the Souffs side!!!
adam Macdougall, Hegs, Joey Williams, The Yak, Fletcher, Mini Minim Rigon, Logan and soon to be Ash