What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fixtures confusion

Brycey

Juniors
Is it just me or is there something very ODD about the fixtures this year?

After having teams given BYES leading up to Internationals and the City V Country match...the NRL has decided instead of giving teams the BYE when they need them the most; the week leading into SOO when most squads are depleted by losing their star players to Origin...the NRL in all its wisdom is giving teams the BYE the week after when most players would be able to back up, doing less detriment to clubs lineup.

Is it just me or does this just not make sense.

Ice777

Bench
It's not just you. But i'm not surprised at all, you can't really expect anything less from the NRL.

Juzzy83

Juniors
They were talking about this one night on the footy show on Foxtel and the teams were asked when they wanted the byes. Brisbane actually requested to have there bye the week after SOO as it enables there players to have a rest and not play two games in the same week. They feel this will keep there players fresh for the post origin period. Makes sense to me.

Latest posts