What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Flamboyance V Grind

shaggs

Coach
I know Penrith were ordinary but I thought yesterday we had a good combo of both.

We dropped some balls we should of held. Eg peach and heino. But caught and offloaded when we usually wouldn't.

Disregarding last weeks debacle, it looks as though we are still deciding what tram we are. After years of being branded a grinding team, the players Beleive it.

Craigshark

First Grade
Have to stop the offloads this week.. Yesterday we let them get too much ball away. The Warriors will make us pay if we let them do the same.

coolumsharkie

Referee
Have to stop the offloads this week.. Yesterday we let them get too much ball away. The Warriors will make us pay if we let them do the same.

Too many offloads and then when we got the ball back we'd give it back to them almost straight away, if we do that next week we will get flogged.

Frailty

First Grade
Our defence tends to struggle when sides throw the ball around with a purpose. Look at the Broncos come back, or the various comebacks that have happened to us over the years.

If we play like the first half yesterday, we will win. We had good go forward, and some nice ball movement that stuck. Our completions were insane. In the second half, we started handing the ball over.

This game is simple. Control the ball, determine the field position. We were lucky that panthers generally only attack through kicks.

I reckon that a few of the boys got a bit complacent when they saw the big lead (26-0), some thing they weren't used to seeing and started throwing passes or attempting offloads that just weren't on. You can put that down to the quality of the opposition or lack thereof. This weekend its a different story and hopefully they know it.

On the other side of the equation, I wonder whether NZ will let the win over Melbourne go to their heads and will take us a bit lightly ?

Frenzy.

Immortal
I agree tom.

Further to that I think Tag's great hit set the complacency in for a period. I mean you go in at 26-0 up and the very first play after the break nearly sends the poor Penny kid into the Southern stand. Tough kid too just quietly.

They made 60 metres in that set. That should never of happened. The Sharks should of been right up in their faces for that entire set. They should of pulled off one of those defensive sets like they did against the Dragons a couple of years ago.

That's the difference between those above us and us. We still lack killer. There is still a brick under the throttle.

Latest posts