What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Flamboyance V Grind

coolumsharkie

Referee
I agree tom.

Further to that I think Tag's great hit set the complacency in for a period. I mean you go in at 26-0 up and the very first play after the break nearly sends the poor Penny kid into the Southern stand. Tough kid too just quietly.

They made 60 metres in that set. That should never of happened. The Sharks should of been right up in their faces for that entire set. They should of pulled off one of those defensive sets like they did against the Dragons a couple of years ago.

That's the difference between those above us and us. We still lack killer. There is still a brick under the throttle.

Yeah too right, was watching the same game as well. Flanno better be onto it because that should have brought the fire to the belly and didn't.

Maybe a lack of real leadership was required there? Enter the Gal.

newman

First Grade
You need to know how to do both and even harder is to know when to change styles and be effective. The good sides do both well in the games they win.

We are awesome at the grind and slowly but surely, learning how to play with a bit of flamboyance. That try Gordon scored yesterday off the second kick, that was fantastic, and something we have been unable to do for a number of years. The addition of players like Gordon, Carney and to a lesser extent Peach give us this option.

Frailty

First Grade
The fact that Feki scored a try off a backline movement that didn't not touch a back rowers hand amazed me...

Card Shark

Immortal
The fact that Feki scored a try off a backline movement that didn't not touch a back rowers hand amazed me...

Even more amazing was the fact we got it down 1cm before the line instead of just touching it.

Need Feki to have a blinder against his old team.

Card Shark

Immortal
You need to know how to do both and even harder is to know when to change styles and be effective. The good sides do both well in the games they win.

The good teams also don't drop their heads when the other team scores early, like we did V the Roosters. Need to show more fight & play for 80.

I dread when the other team scores first.

Ricey

Juniors
You can count on Todd peppering Manu with those spiral bombs. Easy win for us this week in my opinion.

Tucky

Juniors
I'm with you Card.

This whole season has been a drain. The roller coaster life of being a Sharks supporter!

Card Shark

Immortal
You can count on Todd peppering Manu with those spiral bombs. Easy win for us this week in my opinion.

It didnt seem too windy on Sunday but I have never seen a ball drift as much as 1 of those Carney bombs. It dead set floated 8m away from Moylan.

If he can aim em 5m in goal & get em to drift back & come down on the goal line, that would be fekin awesome .

sharknows

Bench
Warriors can be brilliant or awful & showed some of both against Melbourne. Sharks are weakest where they are strongest out wide. Toss a coin here.

Card Shark

Immortal
As someone mentioned earlier, they are due for a shit game.

After being up for Melbourne, lets hope they are back to their old ways V us.

Headless Chook

Juniors
Playing conditions will dictate which style of footy is played. If conditions are similar to last week over there where the Warriors moved the ball at will then it'll be a similar result. You blokes are much much better at grinding out a win, in fact better than any other side. Play to your strengths, pray for rain and you'll be sweet.

Quigs

Immortal
I'm with you Card.

This whole season has been a drain. The roller coaster life of being a Sharks supporter!

I usually say at the beginning of each shark season that it is just another ride. Strap yourself in and enjoy it.

This years ride has been different that is for sure.

Anyhowse....nothing surprises me anymore.

Juju

Juniors
Its quite telling that Sharks fans are being the most cocky pre match of any team we've played since on the winning streak. Even Souths fans showed more respect.
The games hard to call - will be close and Sharks might get up, but give the Warriors credit - they've beaten 3/4 of the top 4 - one of those teams belted your mob less then two weeks ago.

This is gonna be the game of the round for sure.