What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Flanagan keen to lure O'Donnell to Cronulla

Frailty

First Grade
www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/flanagan-keen-to-lure-odonnell-to-cronulla-20100529-wme4.html

Flanagan keen to lure O'Donnell to Cronulla

May 30, 2010
COWBOYS back-rower Luke O'Donnell tops Shane Flanagan's wish list as the new Cronulla coach attempts to assemble a competitive side for 2011.
Flanagan is in the market for three marquee signings - an edge back-rower, an outside back and a half if Trent Barrett retires at the end of the season.
After throwing most of their available funds at Australian halfback Johnathan Thurston, the Cowboys will struggle to retain O'Donnell, who has expressed a desire to return to Sydney.

''I'd love to be able to attract Luke O'Donnell to the Sharks,'' said Flanagan, who has worked with O'Donnell at Origin level.
''Whether we're in a position to do that, we'll find out in the next few weeks.
''We won't be sitting on our hands, we're going after three quality players. That's my goal.''
Other forwards in Cronulla's sights are Melbourne trio Ryan Hoffman, Adam Blair and Sika Manu. However, their availability will depend on the fallout from the Storm's salary cap dramas. ''I'd be able to have a crack at maybe one or two of those,'' he said.
Flanagan has also mentioned Mark Gasnier as a player of interest should the prodigal son not agree to terms with the Dragons.
''We are a tough, young team and we just need a touch of class and experience,'' he said.
Adrian Proszenko

jackal

Juniors
Geez that would be some fire power up front given our forward pack. But we havn't struggled in that section of the engine room. Our forwards have bled for the last couple of seasons and still do.

jc155776

Coach
Adam Blair and Paul Gallen in a team would make us the most hated team in the comp.

I would love it. Adam Blair is a grub but he is such a competitor.

Inferno

Coach
It seems Flano is from the sticky school of thinking that you can never have too many backrowers :roll:

We should being having a crack at Lima or Manu.

Last edited:
It seems Flano is from the sticky school of thinking that you can never have too many backrowers :roll:

We should being having a crack at Lima or Manu.

No he is not from the Ricky Stuart thinking.

Our back row depth is a myth. It isn't as strong as it has been in previous years.

Just look at our bench.

Also players like Bakuya have been terribly injury prone.

Reece Williams has had seriously nasty medical conditions and his NRL career must be highly doubtful.

I think Millington and Cuthbertson are probably better suited to prop and would be able to shift there with a signing like a an O'Donnell or a Blair.

There are some talented forwards coming through in the junior ranks but they are seriously a couple of years away from being First Graders nor should we solely rely on them. Most young forwards take time to develop and should not be rushed.

I like the names Flanagan has on the radar.

It sure beats names like Cordoba, Cuthbertson and Tautai that were on Ricky Stuarts list.

Ricky gone and Flanagan in is a great result for the Sharks especially in recruitment.

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
No he is not from the Ricky Stuart thinking.

Our back row depth is a myth. It isn't as strong as it has been in previous years.

Just look at our bench.

Also players like Bakuya have been terribly injury prone.

Reece Williams has had seriously nasty medical conditions and his NRL career must be highly doubtful.

I think Millington and Cuthbertson are probably better suited to prop and would be able to shift there with a signing like a an O'Donnell or a Blair.

There are some talented forwards coming through in the junior ranks but they are seriously a couple of years away from being First Graders nor should we solely rely on them. Most young forwards take time to develop and should not be rushed.

I like the names Flanagan has on the radar.

It sure beats names like Cordoba, Cuthbertson and Tautai that were on Ricky Stuarts list.

Ricky gone and Flanagan in is a great result for the Sharks especially in recruitment.

Ohh shut up you childish farkwitt.

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
see you at the AGM.
Bet I don't.
There we can go discuss things with flanno & Sticky.
Again, bet you don't.
You don't know jack Shyte .
halfwit.

see you at the AGM.
Bet I don't.
There we can go discuss things with flanno & Sticky.
Again, bet you don't.
You don't know jack Shyte .
halfwit.

And you accuse me of being childish.

"Bet you don't nah nah nah."

So you still got nothing to add to this thread after two posts.

Haha.... a response like that to a post that adds to discussion is....well....childish.

DS, what else would you expect from BTR, i suggested O'Donnell a month ago, and same style of response, i think Flanagan will breath life into thesharks, he wants class in centre as well, something ricky never chased

PJ

First Grade
Ricky gone and Flanagan in is a great result for the Sharks especially in recruitment

DS do you think you should wait until we actually recruit someone first before claiming an improvement?

After all sticky did go after some name players last year, they just didn't want to come. Flanagan could find himself in the same boat.

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
haha Sticky has gone after O'donnel twice & has been on his casesince hearrived at the Sharks. That is why we have his brother. FMD forum goons.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Sharks don't need forwards, you need backs. Especially a top quality fullback and a decent five eighth.

DS do you think you should wait until we actually recruit someone first before claiming an improvement?

After all sticky did go after some name players last year, they just didn't want to come. Flanagan could find himself in the same boat.

Fair enough call PJ.

But I am liking the players he is having a crack at.

Players like Mick Gordon, Luke O'Donnell and Adam Blair are signings that would improve us instantly. I know we will be lucky to snare one as we are not exactly the best proposition for a player at the moment.

We are perceived as the bottom of the heap Club now run by an unstable front office and a Club with an uncertain future. What's more our playing style apart from the past two matches has really stunk. Boring as bat shyte and very disjointed.

But we have the basis of a great pack of forwards and if we can enhance that it will certainly start to get the attention of potentially harder players to sign with us.

And another thing I'm sure some players wouldn't come to the Sharks because of Ricky Stuart.

I remember in a players poll a couple of years ago he came as the second highest coach that players wouldn't play for.

Quigs

Immortal
Blairs a grub and I like him.

Would grab him and put a jersey on him asap.

He reminds me of Smiff that went to the stinking stains.

Cheers
Declared Idiot #88
Quigs

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
I remember in a players poll a couple of years ago he came as the second highest coach that players wouldn't play for.

When was the last time you spoke to any NRL player?
My guess is never, with your un-educated tripe.
You have absolutely No idea. Your not even at a debatable standard, it is so much crap.

Latest posts