What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Flanagan set for new deal

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Well he has impressed me to be honest.

I truly think certain things were imposed, and he has worked around them well.

Still not totally convinced, but plenty of time to impress further or dissappoint.

Quigs

Immortal
I don't know about that DS. One Brian Smith has a history of players spitting dummies with him over several clubs.

I remember back in his Illawarra days I think one of the senior players came out publicly and gave him a spray. In my opinion ... Smith has a habit of causing disharmony within clubs he coaches at.

Always ruffles a few feathers, Airwaister at the c**ks comes to mind. Hes done it at Parra, Newie, C0cks, Steelers.

Since 73

First Grade
A formality.

The same boffins extended his contract by 2 years after we lost 2 trial games by a 100 to none so they must have one hand on his dick now we've won a few games.

Frenzy.

Immortal
A formality.

The same boffins extended his contract by 2 years after we lost 2 trial games by a 100 to none so they must have one hand on his dick now we've won a few games.

This is going to make your evening Since

If he got 2 years after 2 trial losses they might work on a year per loss.

They say they made the decision to keep him last year. Just after 8 losses

so.............

He must be getting an 8 year extension huh?

HUH??

:lol:

Frenzy.

Immortal
I don't know about that DS. One Brian Smith has a history of players spitting dummies with him over several clubs.

I remember back in his Illawarra days I think one of the senior players came out publicly and gave him a spray. In my opinion ... Smith has a habit of causing disharmony within clubs he coaches at.

Always ruffles a few feathers, Airwaister at the c**ks comes to mind. Hes done it at Parra, Newie, C0cks, Steelers.

112467-todd-carney.jpg

roboshark

Coach
Hahahah. That's a classic photo. Look at bwaith

This is a great opportunity for caption time

greenie1957

Juniors
Don't agree , I think he has done well with a crap roster and limited resources. Comparison to the Storm is ridiculous. Bellamy inherited good facilities and a decent roster. He won the comp by rorting the cap. Has he won it legitimately? Rort the cap and most coaches should go ok.

Not sure but think Slater,Smith,Inglis and Cronk were not directly recruited by Bellamy.

Flanagan got Paris,Pom and Toops on big bucks on a long contract.

Flanagan has worked hard behind the scenes and better than Anderson who was supposed to attract players and be the saviour.

Storms new stadium is impressive, whereas Flanno had to go on eBay to get us a gym!!

A fairer comparison would be to North Sydney or Newtown and we are going better than them.

He has got the best out of Gall and recruited TC and juniors travelling better.Probably won as many games now as I expected all year. Not his fault we have no money. Point the finger at the board. Sponsorship situation and development proposal is a joke and not within his jurisdiction. The whole of Dubai has been rebuilt whilst our proposal is with council. I have lived in Cronulla for 15 years and it seems to have been going forever.
if we start winning games players will want to come here

Vin Fizz

Bench
This could be ok. The teams that have charged ahead of the pack over the years have had coaches that are prepared to adopt different unusual tactics. Bellamy, Bennett, Des styles are emulated by other teams. Many teams are applying those short passes used by the Storm. Dessie pairs his wide running second rowers and you see that in other sides now. And not to mention all the wresting. This comment is a bit controversial but our Flanno might be taking a leaf out of their book by trying players in different positions (TC to 7). Now I know it didint work (although I wonder if he would have stuck at it had we won against the Tigpies and held the f**ken ball against the Noughts) but nevertheless he has reacted quickly. My point is i'd rather a coach that is trying to push the envelope than a follower. As long as he can listen to his advisers and see the writing on the wall as well.

Special K

Coach
tbh Carney has played a fair bit of 7 before coming to the Sharks so I understand using him there with Graham and allowing for us to have all our forwards around.

tbh Carney has played a fair bit of 7 before coming to the Sharks so I understand using him there with Graham and allowing for us to have all our forwards around.

Even though it wasn't my preferred halves pairing I could see his thinking. At 7 Carney would touch the ball a lot more and direct play and Wade had a great year the previous season so he deserved a go at 5/8.

But when it became obvious it wasn't going to work he canned it and came up with a more balanced halves pairing that complimented each other.

I think this made Graham realise his future was at lock.

Once you got players believing in the positions they are playing you are certaintly on your way to having a team that is functional right across the park.

Card Shark

Immortal
This comment is a bit controversial but our Flanno might be taking a leaf out of their book by trying players in different positions (TC to 7). Now I know it didint work (although I wonder if he would have stuck at it had we won against the Tigpies and held the f**ken ball against the Noughts) but nevertheless he has reacted quickly.

They were the losses we had to have.

Flanno owed Wade a shot at 5/8 but it obviously didn't work.

If we won 1, lost 1, won 1 scenario, we would've taken a lot longer to find our groove. Now combinations are settled, individuals can work on being the best they can be in that position.

Latest posts