What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Flanno, How Good Is He??

Card Shark

Immortal
With Carney only a 1% chance of playing tomorro, we have lost our most important player. It will take a monumental effort to win this game.

Can Flanno come up with the game plan & get the guys "up" for this game?

This will be the true test of his coaching ability!

P.S. Apparenyly he's being interviewed on the Big Sports Breakfast after 7.30 this morning. Should make interesting listening.

stevie013

Juniors
there seems to be more of an air of confidence around the playing group this year. its as though all the crap needed to happen to bring the guys closer together and have that seige sort of mentality.

that said, im not getting my hopes up, im just enjoying the ride this time around...

Card Shark

Immortal
Nothing wrong with getting the hopes up, we have a team worthy of winning this comp.

Ability to play our best for consecutive weeks is the big question!

carcharias

Immortal
Flano has had training him there for a month .
Chad is meant to be injured.

All my info is from the TV.

Craigshark

First Grade
I literally experienced the winning feeling and the losing feeling.
When that no try came up on the big screen
I just sat there stunned in shock.

I honestly do not enjoy watching footy when the sharks play.

I'm exactly the same. It is a form of torture. Everyone else was happy and cheering. I was just sitting there. It's ridiculous.

Poss

Juniors
If we win it, it's ours: Flanagan bullish about ASADA spectre

Shane Flanagan has made the audacious claim the Sharks will deserve the premiership if they win it, despite fears they could be stripped following the ASADA probe.
Echoing the call of Melbourne coach Craig Bellamy after his side had two premierships revoked for systematic rorting of the salary cap, Flanagan insisted any possible doping breaches in 2011 would have no influence on his side's tilt at a breakthrough premiership. The Sharks have not won the competition since their first season in 1967.

''If we win it, it's ours,'' Flanagan said before Friday night's semi-final against Manly at Allianz Stadium. ''They can take it off us, but from my point of view and the players, it will be our premiership. Speaking to Melbourne, they felt like they won it. If we get there and win the game, we've won the game. Anything that happened in 2011 has no impact on what happens on grand final day in 2013.''

The remarks are sure to bemuse those who believe the Sharks should not be playing in this year's finals series like AFL counterparts Essendon, who also engaged discredited sports scientist Stephen Dank last year.
Fairfax Media reported this week some Sharks board members believe they received assurances from the NRL earlier this year that the premiership would stand if ASADA found no Sharks players used banned peptides beyond 2011. But Flanagan said he and the players were not aware of such a promise. ''We were told at the start of the year some players wouldn't start the season,'' he said. ''Here we are, three weeks from the grand final, and nothing has been resolved.''

While there is much speculation about his future, Flanagan said he wanted to secure a long-term deal at the club. He is contracted until the end of 2014, but said he wanted to be re-signed before the end of the ASADA investigation and any possible grand final appearance.

''I want to do it all before that,'' he said. ''That [the ASADA investigation] is not going to have any impact on me in the end. I'm focused on the next couple of weeks so if we can get something sorted out I'd be over. I've started something here and I'd like to finish it. I'd like to think we can get there this year but if we can't the next two or three years are going to be very similar to this year. With a bit of luck, we can have the same success, if not more.

''[There are no negotiations] as yet but I'd like to get that done sooner rather than later. I've got pride in what I've done, the players have done and the coaching staff has done. Management have worked really hard this year and we can see the light at the end of the tunnel now. Before it wasn't even on.''

Flanagan conceded that he has considered walking away from the club amid the most troubled time in its turbulent history. ''Some days I wonder if it's all worthwhile, walk away, start again somewhere,'' he said. ''If it wasn't for [new chief executive] Steve Noyce, I couldn't have handled it on my own.

''I feel a lot of pain. It's hard for us to go out and tell the story, because we can't at this stage. We can't come out and say exactly what happened. The most hurtful thing for me is that I know I've done nothing wrong and I've never been involved in anything like that. I get accused of that, and it ruins my reputation.

''I've got young kids. For them to hear their father is getting accused of being associated with ElephantJuice, that's just disgusting.'

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...ada-spectre-20130918-2tztq.html#ixzz2fHhY5Ica

SharkShocked

Bench

I honestly do not enjoy watching footy when the sharks play.

The sign of a true sharks supporter.

Sometimes I dead set cannot stand to watch. When they made the break around Robson I stood up out of my chair at the ground and started to walk out, after taking two steps up the stairs I then turned around with my hands on my head.

Contemplating where the nearest defibrillator was.

Anyone who believes supporting the Sharks has no impact on shortening your lifespan is kidding.

Special K

Coach
I honestly think we will get past manly. We have the best forward pack in the comp and Manly are coming off a brutal game and are down to their 4th and 5th string prop off their benches. BASH EM

BWNB

First Grade
I honestly think we will get past manly. We have the best forward pack in the comp and Manly are coming off a brutal game and are down to their 4th and 5th string prop off their benches. BASH EM

I don't :( if you stuck around for the second game last week you would have seen Manly play we a certain intensity, they're quicker than us and have it over us in the outside backs. I would fancy our chances in week 3 more so...What is key to winning this week is moving up quickly in defence and stopping the ball from getting to their backs.

Card Shark

Immortal

I didnt get that angry or pissed off when the cowboys "scored" that try because it was a foregone conclusion they would.

Conversely, like you Carch, I didn't go ballistic when it was called a no-try. Just stood in disbelief that the luck went our way for once.

Card Shark

Immortal
Good interview, I'm liking the LL at 5/8 thing more and more.

3 more games of torture please.

He has an eye on the prize but is focussing on this week. Hasn't ruled out Chad & will make a decision today.

Winning finals is about big names / experienced players & defence - therefore Lewis at 5/8 is good + it creates a spot for Gibbs.

Edit: With Gibbs, Flanno said he has been really struggling with the injury but has been running freely the past few weeks. We need a fit & firing Gibbs in the 17.

Latest posts