What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Flanno

newman

First Grade
Does anyone sense the smallest of turnarounds?

Do we let ourselves believe the worst could be behind us?

Poss

Juniors
Aren't they just saying that ASADA has yet to take any action against any of our players and until the do, the club will support them throughout the investigation.
It doesnt say that the players have all been cleared of any wrong doing or anything like that.

Bjorn Pork

Juniors
So what do you make of this?

There is no possible way any player can be found guilty of a breach from that statement, has the club done the right thing after all?

Besides DI's slip up.

Irvine based his comments to Rothfield on Kavanagh's report, which has to mean that that report contains evidence that some players 1) were injected and 2) were injected with horse drugs.

I think therefore that it is likely that the Board is just covering its own arses here.

If it was presented with the same evidence presented in the report, and given that this was enough for the chairman of the club to basically convict the players, you would have to imagine that ASADA would have enough to issue infraction notices. They will (if they haven't already) get a hold of this evidence.

That being the case, I think the board is simply leaving it up to ASADA to do the dirty. ASADA will conduct the interviews, see if it can save some money by getting some guilty pleas, early or otherwise, and then proceed to prosecuting the players who choose to plead not guilty.

If this Board is not incompetent, then that is the only possible outcome of this whole thing.

newman

First Grade
Irvine based his comments to Rothfield on Kavanagh's report, which has to mean that that report contains evidence that some players 1) were injected and 2) were injected with horse drugs.

I think therefore that it is likely that the Board is just covering its own arses here.

If it was presented with the same evidence presented in the report, and given that this was enough for the chairman of the club to basically convict the players, you would have to imagine that ASADA would have enough to issue infraction notices. They will (if they haven't already) get a hold of this evidence.

That being the case, I think the board is simply leaving it up to ASADA to do the dirty. ASADA will conduct the interviews, see if it can save some money by getting some guilty pleas, early or otherwise, and then proceed to prosecuting the players who choose to plead not guilty.

If this Board is not incompetent, then that is the only possible outcome of this whole thing.

Seems a reasonable summation. I hope the players lawyers can work a bit of magic.

gosludge

Juniors
Each day something comes out about how incompetent the Board at Cronulla are. Why do we even need a stand-in CEO in Cullen? He was put in even before all the alleged doping and 3rd party payments were mentioned. Every individual member of the current Board must go. They have been there when the decisions were made that have the Sharks in all sorts of trouble. Elections for the Board next month. Vote for Peter Cobb. He is a local bloke who has become successful. I know him from school and he is a good fella.

ghoti

Bench
He is a local bloke who has become successful. I know him from school and he is a good fella.

Not grounds to have a place on the board. Any board member can be a complete and utter f**khead for all I care, as long as they are f**kin good at their job.

SharkShocked

Bench
How did a massively incompetent board manage to get the development over the line?

Was it luck?

I'm not saying they are the best individuals for the job or that they don't have shortcomings, but please give them credit where it's due for keeping the club alive and allowing them to push us into a much better position in the future.

newman

First Grade
Each day something comes out about how incompetent the Board at Cronulla are. Why do we even need a stand-in CEO in Cullen? He was put in even before all the alleged doping and 3rd party payments were mentioned. Every individual member of the current Board must go. They have been there when the decisions were made that have the Sharks in all sorts of trouble. Elections for the Board next month. Vote for Peter Cobb. He is a local bloke who has become successful. I know him from school and he is a good fella.

Hello Peter Cobb.

Bjorn Pork

Juniors

Haha, Pete you old shagger! Good, solid pitch. You've got my vote.

:crazy:

CrazyTiger

Juniors
Does anyone sense the smallest of turnarounds?

Do we let ourselves believe the worst could be behind us?

No. The board should have waited until ASADA cleared Flanagan. Bringing him back again will only make them look foolish if they have to sack him again.

Latest posts