What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Flanno's New Signings

Illusion

Bench
Flanno's New Signings (Actual real signings) we already have a rumors thread .................................................................................................. ?????????????? Here

Last edited:

This Year?

Immortal
images

hewi

Bench
registered-breach-pixel

NRL market watch: Addin Fonua-Blake requests immediate release from New Zealand Warriors​

In a development that will send the NRL’s transfer market into a frenzy, the Warriors confirmed the game’s premier forward wants to quit his club and find a new home for the 2024 season.
Brent Read and Michael Carayannis

less than 2 min read
November 2, 2023 - 2:58PM
News Corp Australia Sports Newsroom
https://archive.md/UdbHY#share-tools
82f7728c859b428e2a0737cc404b596f6f8482a9.jpg

Meet the three fastest men in the NRL as revealed by Telstra Tracker data.
Superstar prop Addin Fonua-Blake, arguably the No.1 front-rower in the NRL, has requested an immediate release from the New Zealand Warriors on compassionate grounds.
The Warriors on Thursday afternoon confirmed Fonua-Blake had requested an immediate release from his contract on compassionate grounds.
Chief executive Cameron George said the club was considering the request.
The news is set to spark a scramble among rival clubs to recruit a player who ranks alongside Payne Haas, Tino Fa’asuamaleaui and James Fisher-Harris as one of the best front-rowers in the game.
The 27-year-old Fonua-Blake was the highest-paid prop in the game in 2023 on a deal worth more than $1 million a season, and has three years remaining on his current contract.
Addin Fonua-Blake wants out of the Warriors. Picture: Cameron Spencer/Getty

Addin Fonua-Blake wants out of the Warriors. Picture: Cameron Spencer/Getty

Fonua-Blake was granted a release from his deal at Manly at the end of 2020 to join the Warriors on compassionate grounds after requesting a release to leave Sydney.
It would be a massive blow for the Warriors’ hopes in 2024, after they made the preliminary final this season under rookie coach Andrew Webster.

More Coverage​

Every club’s NRL ironman revealed Every club’s NRL ironman revealed
Nov 1 Market Watch: Super League champion joins NRL Nov 1 Market Watch: Super League champion joins NRL
Of further concern is that Fonua-Blake is one of just three Warriors players — forward Marata Niukore and returning star Roger Tuivasa-Sheck being the others — to be contracted to the club beyond the 2025 season.
The remainder of the squad are on deals that expire in the next 24 months

GET RID OF HUNT ASAP AND USE THAT MONEY AS A STARTER PLEASE

Dea

Juniors
I feel that this post might be slow in reporting actual signings. A lot of back room negotiations to be had and Flanno is not in a rush to pick up players he doesn’t really want. It’s like waiting to open a Christmas present and we don’t know what is in it or what day Christmas is.

Victoire

Juniors
Obviously there's the sound of crickets when we talk about on-field signings, but what Flanno has done well is fix the off-field support department. Andrew Gray, Dan Lawson and, yes, Dean Young are all big acquisitions.

I was reading an article today about the Cowboys talented young centre Zac Laybutt, who's been representing PNG in the Pacific Championship, and he offered this quote seemingly unprompted, about Young:

“I signed that top 30 contract last year for this season… and throughout the year I got a lot of advice from Todd and Dean Young who I really looked up to there as our defensive coach."

Last edited: