What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Flanno's New Signings

Dragon David

First Grade
DRAGONS STATE THEIR CASE TO AFB

The Dragons have ramped up their $3 million bid to try and sign Dally M prop of the year Addin Fonua-Blake for 2025.

Fonua-Blake, 28, is currently holidaying in Bali after representing Tonga in the Mate Ma’a’s Test match series against England in the UK.

Widely-regarded as one of the best front row forwards in the NRL Fonua-Blake dropped a bombshell last week when the gun frontrower requested an immediate release from the Warriors on compassionate grounds.

The reasoning for the request is to be closer to his parents who reside in Sydney.

With St George Illawarra in the midst of a major shake-up since the arrival of new coach Shane Flanagan the Dragons have immediately set about pitching to Fonua-Blake why he should join the Red V.

A number of St George Illawarra players who also represent Tonga have been on the charm offensive about joining the Red V including Hame Sele, Moses Suli and Ben Murdoch-Masila.

Talks are expect to ramp up further when Fonua-Blake returns to Australia from holidaying in Bali.

Where it will get interesting is the Dragons are one of the few clubs who could afford to accommodate Fonua-Blake for 2024 as well.

The Warriors were swift to get on the front foot last week and stipulate the front row forward would be remaining at the club for next season.

869302_640x360_large_20231104070943.jpg

Parko1310

Juniors
DRAGONS STATE THEIR CASE TO AFB

The Dragons have ramped up their $3 million bid to try and sign Dally M prop of the year Addin Fonua-Blake for 2025.

Fonua-Blake, 28, is currently holidaying in Bali after representing Tonga in the Mate Ma’a’s Test match series against England in the UK.

Widely-regarded as one of the best front row forwards in the NRL Fonua-Blake dropped a bombshell last week when the gun frontrower requested an immediate release from the Warriors on compassionate grounds.

The reasoning for the request is to be closer to his parents who reside in Sydney.

With St George Illawarra in the midst of a major shake-up since the arrival of new coach Shane Flanagan the Dragons have immediately set about pitching to Fonua-Blake why he should join the Red V.

A number of St George Illawarra players who also represent Tonga have been on the charm offensive about joining the Red V including Hame Sele, Moses Suli and Ben Murdoch-Masila.

Talks are expect to ramp up further when Fonua-Blake returns to Australia from holidaying in Bali.

Where it will get interesting is the Dragons are one of the few clubs who could afford to accommodate Fonua-Blake for 2024 as well.

The Warriors were swift to get on the front foot last week and stipulate the front row forward would be remaining at the club for next season.

869302_640x360_large_20231104070943.jpg
Cheers. Normally I wouldn't believe a thing Hooper writes, but given Flanno worked at Fox and would have close relations with a number of staff, maybe he does have some decent mail this time. Come on bring it home! Exactly what we need and would be a catalyst for other players to join. This would just be such a major signing.

Phantom V

Juniors
Cheers. Normally I wouldn't believe a thing Hooper writes, but given Flanno worked at Fox and would have close relations with a number of staff, maybe he does have some decent mail this time. Come on bring it home! Exactly what we need and would be a catalyst for other players to join. This would just be such a major signing.
Couldn’t agree more. Fonau-Blake is THE Big Fish we need. Despite all the Bulldogs signings of late, I can still imagine Gould casting an envious eye and saying well played if he comes on board. Flanno, make it happen !!

Dea

Juniors
I know we have not as yet signed anyone of note, and whether we get AFB over the line or not, I am pleased we are in the market for quality rather than just taking rejects. Also, I feel that Flanno is working over time on our marketing and changing the impression of the club. Maybe players are not yet buying into it yet, but we have to start changing the club direction and he is setting it on the right course.

Dragonsteve2

Juniors
He would be better than the lot we have ..... Give the boy a jumper ......😂😂😂
Illusion, I think we would first have to see if Piggy can still manage to jump over the fence and sit in with the fans for a moment or two. That certainly beat all those limp, usually self-centred and meaningless to most people try celebrations we see now. It was pure skill and humour from the big man!

Budpower

Juniors
Im praying big AFB still has a spark for his junior club and sees a great challenge and pride in hopefully returning to the mighty Dragons to help us REBUILD our mighty club with the young forwards coming through, hope he sees the potential with Flanno and helping inspire the kids coming through, with the sentimental value of coming home to the Red V and with his unfinished business here, being closer to his parents aswell as the pay, I pray the big fella feels the call to come home....

Slippery Morris

First Grade
That's what I like to see, bringing ex-Dragons players back not ex-Bronco's. What a difference a coach makes. Good to finally see Dragons after some decent cattle that are in their prime.

If Saints can get AFB and Conner Treacy that will be a huge boost to the squad. Lawrie, AFB, JDB, Sua', Bird, Molo x 2, Couchmans x 2. Pretty solid forward pack with 6 guys that have played rep footy. Conner Treacy will add that bit of spark in the backline. Saints should look at the Bronco's hooker that was released in Corey Paix. He will add some depth to hooker. Not a bad player who was squeezed out by the coaches son.

blacksafake

First Grade
If we go for Paix does he replace Liddell or Flanno Jr who was likely bought as a 14? If he comes, then that means Flanno will be playing as a half. If we could pick up a half, ie Deardon, then Flanno offers us good value as 14 and able to play 9, 7, & 6.
Is Brailey from the Knights still an option?

Victoire

Juniors

Slightly weird interview if I'm being honest. Openly (desperately?) hawking for Joey Manu in public, offering him whatever he wants including the captaincy - before he remembered he's apparently already got a captain.
But then when asked about Jarome Luai he plays it all coy and keeps the cards close to the chest?

Just weird to me, especially since Manu seems far less likely to leave his club than Luai

st.phil

Bench
That's what I like to see, bringing ex-Dragons players back not ex-Bronco's. What a difference a coach makes. Good to finally see Dragons after some decent cattle that are in their prime.

If Saints can get AFB and Conner Treacy that will be a huge boost to the squad. Lawrie, AFB, JDB, Sua', Bird, Molo x 2, Couchmans x 2. Pretty solid forward pack with 6 guys that have played rep footy. Conner Treacy will add that bit of spark in the backline. Saints should look at the Bronco's hooker that was released in Corey Paix. He will add some depth to hooker. Not a bad player who was squeezed out by the coaches son.
Thought Paix would be a good get but the CH9 commentary team seemed convinced we were in for Ibape fr PNG

st.phil

Bench

Slightly weird interview if I'm being honest. Openly (desperately?) hawking for Joey Manu in public, offering him whatever he wants including the captaincy - before he remembered he's apparently already got a captain.
But then when asked about Jarome Luai he plays it all coy and keeps the cards close to the chest?

Just weird to me, especially since Manu seems far less likely to leave his club than Luai
yeh +1 - Flanno's achilles heal is his mouth... spent a lil too much time in the media

I am with you regarding Paix Slippery.
From what I have seen of him he is a very tough and 100% effort player.
Would be a good starting hooker for us, allowing Liddle to come into the game after 30 minutes as the defence starts to tire.
Down side is he has said his preference is to stay in or around the Brisbane area.
Keep hearing Ipape's name being linked to us, but like so many stories and rumours in the NRL, have no idea how close they are to reality.

Gomarchin

Juniors
yeh +1 - Flanno's achilles heal is his mouth... spent a lil too much time in the media
I agree - time to shut up and let the quality signings do the talking.

It's all well and good to come out and say you're after Manu and AFB. But I don't buy the "we missed out on xxx but at least we we're in their giving it a go."

If you continue to miss out (like we have), it means little. It's all PR spin.

Mickov

Juniors

I didn't see it as being desperate, more tongue in cheek with a call he can be fullback, captain and that he would even drive him to training. he also said he doesn't think he'll leave the Roosters, I think he's just agitating for an answer and having some fun.

st.phil

Bench
I didn't see it as being desperate, more tongue in cheek with a call he can be fullback, captain and that he would even drive him to training. he also said he doesn't think he'll leave the Roosters, I think he's just agitating for an answer and having some fun.
agree - he knows what he is doing by placing the narrative out there but a bit much IMO, he's good for a quote is ole Flanno