What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Flanno's New Signings

Yeehah to the 'rusty' 'Roos for doing what was needed to snuff out the powerful Polynesians.

Gonna have a rant about this as we cant have more than half the side to be at their optimum for their country without any actual footy since the finals. Something needs to be done heading forward to avoid this embarrassing lack of match fitness and cohesion. Perhaps a pre Test exhibition match/s is the answer.

Last edited:

Dragon David

First Grade
FFS! I guess our wonderful BOD and hierarchy deem that we must have an over abundance of halves to pick from.
I don't know who in our club keeps close tabs on all of the young ones in the system. Surely there is someone with the ability to determine who is good, bad or indifferent and can recommend keeping them or not? Maybe we just don't have that guy or guys who can do this like a Peter O'Sullivan?

At the end of the day as we know, we cannot keep them all. So if Bennett has been able to sway Ashton Ward to sign with Souths, I'd like to see why the Dragons let him go and/or why they didn't want to keep him and the same for any other players so that we know why they do go. Yes, money and prospects of playing with a good coach and all that would be good reasons but just to know so that we can see why they do go.

TheRev

Coach
I assume the club is putting its eggs in the Kade Reed basket.
I think he is our #1 prospect of the next generation, believe he played against men for most of the season as a bit of an initiation.. but hes still likely to be the SG > Flegg Halfback next year, with some NSW Cup in 2026.. maybe some 1st grade in 2027/2028 'if' it goes well.. its such a long process.. definitely wont be part of Flannos thought process for 1st grade recruitment..

If Reed does exceed all expectations however in the next 1-2yrs, he can easily slot in at 6 for a few games.. there are a lot of things to play out here.. LKT and Hammoud are also in the mix.

Gardenia

Bench
Hunt 100% needs to go - its time. But not without an alternative and thats not JAC since we would get him anyway.

If and when we find an alternative 7, I will no longer be nervous about the change.

Not after this timely reminder. This caused tears in our house. I remember my little boy crying

Ashton Ward is a solid half

Not an outstanding one

Doesn’t have an NRL level kicking game or goal kicking skill set

This is all part of the pathways journey

Tough decisions need to be made

Generally we get these decisions wrong

denis preston

First Grade
I can't cop Mundine as a person (just his general attitude and opinions) but he was fair dinkum dudded out of a heap of representative honours at times when he was clearly the best player in his position. Just like Blacklock (who is a deadest legend), Mundine was the victim of either gross negligence and incompetence from the rep selectors.........or just blatant racism........or that BS myth that only certain types of players are "Origin" players.
Really? He wasn’t good enough to replace another indigenous player in Daley so where is the racism there ?

Jubilee

Juniors
Ashton Ward is a solid half

Not an outstanding one

Doesn’t have an NRL level kicking game or goal kicking skill set

This is all part of the pathways journey

Tough decisions need to be made

Generally we get these decisions wrong
One year ago. Ward is kicking and goal kicking here in this game. Showing some passing and support play. But Ben Rumble looks pretty good. Final pass from the fullback first try was great.

blacksafake

First Grade
Hunt 100% needs to go - its time. But not without an alternative and thats not JAC since we would get him anyway.

If and when we find an alternative 7, I will no longer be nervous about the change.

Not after this timely reminder. This caused tears in our house. I remember my little boy crying

Brings back bad memories.
Still can’t believe McInnes got penalised for that pass & what about Walker pushing the ref when pushing Friz. No suspension?

Latest posts