What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Flanno's New Signings

Belta

Juniors
Yep got him by all accounts on a deal that looks good for us.

By good for us it is what he was earning at the Cows and the term is suitable.
With what’s available I happy with this decision it’s improving our forward depth and experience, he’s and attacking threat, which from our trial form is definitely needed. I know a lot of negative comments will follow about his price but I would rather over pay for Luc then get several cheapies. You pay peanuts, you get monkeys

blacksafake

First Grade
With what’s available I happy with this decision it’s improving our forward depth and experience, he’s and attacking threat, which from our trial form is definitely needed. I know a lot of negative comments will follow about his price but I would rather over pay for Luc then get several cheapies. You pay peanuts, you get monkeys
Speculate to accumulate

Belta

Juniors
Newcomerfan, I cannot confirm what Sua thinks but I’d imagine most players realise the complexities involved with bringing quality players into your team, and I’m only speculating but perhaps he is not basing his contract altogether on team mates, I’d imagine he/and or manager would weigh up the Dragons offer, with other offers (for all we know there may not be too many teams with cash to spend ???
So what I am saying Perhaps strengthening the forward depth (ie Raymond & Luc) will entice him to stay as a stronger roster should equate to more wins. (And he’s been in the losing sheds quite abit since leaving south’s). It’s all speculation of course as we don’t knowif conversations have been had behind closed doors (the coach may of even spoke to Sua before offering Luc the cotract, that’s what I’d do as imo Sua is a vital player in our team
H
Whoops I reread Your post and what u say is they knocked back his offer, yes if that’s the point then def not so happy if we lose Sua

Last edited:

kit66

Bench

That's weird - same article, same time stamp, different price. $2.3mil

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...t/news-story/3b180172fc0be88fc392bc4d2c8e58e9

justadragon

Bench
It’s an old saying @Belta
Sometimes you have to spend/invest a bit of money to make money.
In this case outlay a bit more than what was originally intended to hopefully cash in later on with success while attracting better quality players because of it.
In our case blacksafake, it "once bitten twice shy" , but we have learnt nothing from that either :)