What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Flanno's New Signings

For those that remember did we ever have an opportunity to pick up Bob Fulton..
Did our scouts spot him playing in the Illawarra
"At 18 years of age, Fulton made his senior football debut in the Illawarra Rugby League with Western Suburbs in 1965 and went on to represent Country Seconds"
Another product of the "mythological" Illawarra nursery.

denis preston

First Grade
For those that remember did we ever have an opportunity to pick up Bob Fulton..
Did our scouts spot him playing in the Illawarra
"At 18 years of age, Fulton made his senior football debut in the Illawarra Rugby League with Western Suburbs in 1965 and went on to represent Country Seconds"
Fulton was on a “ unofficial “ contract with Many from 1964. Ken Arthurson had him tied to them since he was 16 but let him stay home for a couple of years.

As far as signings go, I wonder if Brandon Smith might be a viable target.
He's been underutilized at the Rorters and since contracts meen nothing these days he might be able to be lured away.
He doesn't fit the mould of most of our squad (dumb, lazy, a yard off the pace) and he's used to playing at successful clubs, but maybe Flanno can convince him that winning isn't everything and that he could join us and put in a half-arsed effort week-in and week-out for overs like Hunt and Birdy.
But seriously, he has a good engine, a high workrate and covers 9 &13.
Maybe our people could talk to his people?

Parko1310

Juniors
He's been underutilized at the Rorters and since contracts meen nothing these days he might be able to be lured away.
He doesn't fit the mould of most of our squad (dumb, lazy, a yard off the pace) and he's used to playing at successful clubs, but maybe Flanno can convince him that winning isn't everything and that he could join us and put in a half-arsed effort week-in and week-out for overs like Hunt and Birdy.
I would consider him as a 13, but definitely not a 9. He just doesn't work there. The other thing you have to consider is that he probably isn't the greatest influence, especially when we have such a mentally feeble squad already. That said, I definitely would consider him as a potential middle option

dragon64

Juniors
I would consider him as a 13, but definitely not a 9. He just doesn't work there. The other thing you have to consider is that he probably isn't the greatest influence, especially when we have such a mentally feeble squad already. That said, I definitely would consider him as a potential middle option
I think it will be very interesting to see where the Dragons go from here regarding recruitment and keeping players. After hearing that Bennett is meeting with souths next week regarding coaching, if the Dragons don't pull their finger out and get Su'a resigned on a deal asap they will loose him to the rabbitohs

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
Would be nice wouldnt it but it won't happen..we rarely get the good uns do we

RED73V

Juniors
After watching the round 3 game against the cowboys where we could have been up 24-4 if it wasn’t for RFM dropping the ball over the try line , it was Griffin Neane who was a real handful for us that afternoon. I have been watching him closely since then and think we should really target him as a middle forward. He has a big motor is very mobile and oppositions really struggle to contain him.

Gardenia

Juniors
Apart from the obvious reasons he should never be given the captaincy, there is the more practical reason that he is coming to the end of his career. What's he got left? 2 years of questionable sustained quality if they decide to resign him? The next captain should be someone long term we can build the team and long term culture around.
That said, I would struggle to pick a candidate from the current squad. Zac would have probably been the obvious choice until recent events.
It saddens me that we have go back as far as Hornby to find a genuine leader. I can't see where the next one comes from.
Give it to Sloan!!

Gardenia

Juniors
You can't 'cut ties' with Illawarra because Illawarra is the only thing that gives your club relevance and meaning. Just take a walk around St George district and the St George Leagues Club. It's like a mortuary
well I did visit the gong 2 Christmas holidays back for a few weeks with the fam. I struggled to find a person passionate about the local football club in Wollongong. It was really surprising. They need to do more PR/Community stuff - heck give out some free bbq breakfasts or something

Whats doing has SUA signed yet was offered 3 years should be 4 and club captain after hunt moving on at the end of the year to Gold Coast
The position as Dragons club captain is probably the most unenviable title in the entire rugby league. The last three have ran away, or at least tried to. Su'a seems like the right candidate at least the way he plays but you got to wonder if he will be sticking around by now, and I for one, cannot blame anyone for leaving at this point. Purely because we seem incapable of brining in the soldiers to do proper battle.

Wolfgang90

Juniors
Fair call but look at the spine he plays in. Mitchell , Cody and Cook….. where would he be in the food chain there?

He's had plenty of opportunities, they backed him in over Adam Reynolds. I don't mind taking a punt on him but I haven't seen much that translates to being a good 1st grade halfback.