What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Flanno's New Signings

Mickov

Juniors
Hubby and I watched it for about 10 minutes. There a bunch of idiots on that show who talk a lot of jibberish, private jokes, etc and not much football talk. Kyle was looking at Mathew as if he was from another planet. Heard a dig from Hunt about Zac at one stage. Not worth watching.
Hey Nanadragon, you do realise its a comedy show right ?

since77

Juniors
Hubby and I watched it for about 10 minutes. There a bunch of idiots on that show who talk a lot of jibberish, private jokes, etc and not much football talk. Kyle was looking at Mathew as if he was from another planet. Heard a dig from Hunt about Zac at one stage. Not worth watching.
Yeah I'm amazed anyone watches that crap. The average IQ for a viewer of NRL 360 or Matty Johns has to be pretty damn low.
On what planet do untalented and unfunny bogons like Hindmarsh and Fletcher make a living as TV presenter????

matPORTS

Juniors
Tigers offering a 1 year extension to Adam Douiehi on near minimum wage of $150k (currently on a rumoured $750k per year)

I think we should uplift that to $250k and get him across.

A versatile player whom could cover FB, C, FE. If he comes right and gets some miles back on the clock he could easily be one of the better players in the comp, with potential to get back to his higher earning power very quickly - for which we could afford to extend and up his wage in the coming years (with Hunt for example coming to the end of his career).

Liddle was in a similar predicament when we got him across two years ago. With some miles back on the clock, he is one of our most consistent players week in and week out now.

Not sure about "similar predicament"
Yes, both had multiple injuries with one of Liddle's being a major knee where he tore his ACL, MCL and PCL.
Douiehi however, has had three ACL tears

Liddle also came to us with some post-injury game time under his belt.

Always thought Liddle was worth the risk, not so sure about Douiehi, as talented as he may be.

Last edited:

AyiosYiorgos

Coach
Tigers offering a 1 year extension to Adam Douiehi on near minimum wage of $150k (currently on a rumoured $750k per year)

I think we should uplift that to $250k and get him across.

A versatile player whom could cover FB, C, FE. If he comes right and gets some miles back on the clock he could easily be one of the better players in the comp, with potential to get back to his higher earning power very quickly - for which we could afford to extend and up his wage in the coming years (with Hunt for example coming to the end of his career).

Liddle was in a similar predicament when we got him across two years ago. With some miles back on the clock, he is one of our most consistent players week in and week out now.
I'd give him a chance at $250k versatile, big body and can kick goals as well.

TheRev

First Grade
It's tricky, Douiehi is a talent and a competitor... seems to have a bit of an acidic mouth on him.. but yeah its mostly his injury history.. he would cover a few positions.. its just tricky because we just need to be really careful with our Top30 next year.. I know we need talent.. but its gotta be an improvement over the current... every one we get wrong is potentially a young player we lose.. sounds dramatic.. but something has to give.

We do 100% need someone to get cover for fullback and ctr though.. I dont think ppl realise how close we are too a Feagai back in 1st grade.

SBD82

Coach
Douehi is at a stage in his career where he needs to improve massively, but will only be able to do so if he’s able to let go of his ego and accept that he isn’t as good as he thinks he is.

I didn’t see anything before his latest surgery that suggested he is capable of that. And his game will be even worse now.

Dragonslayer

First Grade
Doueihi should just accept the Tigers offer, as I think the best he'll receive elsewhere maybe no more than a T&T contract so as not to take up a squad space.