What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Flanno's New Signings

Apparently we are preparing to offer Utoikamanu 900k per year for 5 years. It’ll be a great signing but overpaying. Think a 3 year deal at 700-750k per year is right but Tigers have offered 800k per year and we are trying to make a statement and play no games.

This probably means the end of Blake Lawrie in Flanagan’s eyes if we get Stefano considering Toby and Ryan Couchman are only getting better, Francis Molo and Hame Sele are better, De Belin still off contract but Infront of Lawrie, Loko Pasifiki Tonga coming through.

The plan looks to be get Stefano, get rid of Lawrie and extend Couchman twins. Probably should also let Michael Molo go too.

KogarahWarrior

Juniors

Apparently we are preparing to offer Utoikamanu 900k per year for 5 years. It’ll be a great signing but overpaying. Think a 3 year deal at 700-750k per year is right but Tigers have offered 800k per year and we are trying to make a statement and play no games.

This probably means the end of Blake Lawrie in Flanagan’s eyes if we get Stefano considering Toby and Ryan Couchman are only getting better, Francis Molo and Hame Sele are better, De Belin still off contract but Infront of Lawrie, Loko Pasifiki Tonga coming through.

The plan looks to be get Stefano, get rid of Lawrie and extend Couchman twins. Probably should also let Michael Molo go too.
Good points mate. I reckon yeah Mick Molo isn't that great but in terms of depth he's pretty handy to have in reggies ig and is decently serviceable in FG in the limited circumstances in which he's picked

Gardenia

Juniors
IMO Flannos next signing needs to be JDB for 2 years. He would I have read almost sign immediately on a 2 year deal with us. He did not play for close to 2 years and this would have extended his years of endurance as a player. he is still in good form and I think he has 2 years left in him of good footy. He debuted with Wayne and has a soft spot for him. IMO Dragons would be very silly to get all argy bargy about 1 extra year. That is not alot of time. If they are not careful then the decision will be made for them and JDB will be joining his old friend Aitken in following uncle Wayne.
Yes he made a mistake and showed poor judgement and morals. Many people change when they have children and I think he is an example of this and a good father. There is also a question mark over the whole handling of his case with charges pending for a member of the prosecution/police in the case. I think Flanno would give him 2 years if it was up to him - he needs to get mgt to wake up and get the deal done.

Illusion

Bench
If thats the plan then good if not you take over with recruiting .......

JubileeJeffro

Juniors
IMO Flannos next signing needs to be JDB for 2 years. He would I have read almost sign immediately on a 2 year deal with us. He did not play for close to 2 years and this would have extended his years of endurance as a player. he is still in good form and I think he has 2 years left in him of good footy. He debuted with Wayne and has a soft spot for him. IMO Dragons would be very silly to get all argy bargy about 1 extra year. That is not alot of time. If they are not careful then the decision will be made for them and JDB will be joining his old friend Aitken in following uncle Wayne.
Yes he made a mistake and showed poor judgement and morals. Many people change when they have children and I think he is an example of this and a good father. There is also a question mark over the whole handling of his case with charges pending for a member of the prosecution/police in the case. I think Flanno would give him 2 years if it was up to him - he needs to get mgt to wake up and get the deal done.
We are better off investing in extending the Couchman twins beyond 2025 than JDB. 1 more year for JDB then off to UK for him imo

So haven't visited here for a while , so Cook coming any more signing happening ........ Anyone know anything ........ ??????
Close to nabbing Bulldog junior Mason Phillips mate. Has played in the halves but they want him as hooker. So our BOD dont rate our own Ball Premier hooker Isiah Fagalilo who has been a reserve for Flegg. This sends the wrong message to our juniors.

TheRev

First Grade
Cant find the post, but the Dogs stole the warriors hooker who opposed them in the HM semi-final...
Kaawyn Patterson.. and we are taking theirs... Mason Phillips.

Now im not sure who stole who first.... either way we are talking about ~17yr olds.. no idea if they will make it.. but good to have a highly regarded prospect because its been a weak-spot for us since the old days when we used to swim in them.

Parko1310

Juniors
Close to nabbing Bulldog junior Mason Phillips mate. Has played in the halves but they want him as hooker. So our BOD dont rate our own Ball Premier hooker Isiah Fagalilo who has been a reserve for Flegg. This sends the wrong message to our juniors.
Not at all, Fagalilo isn't that great a prospect, I'd rather have someone who is. We're sorely lacking in hooking stocks. We have upgraded and given a genuine pathway to Loko Tonga, Halangahu, Stanley-Traill, Latu, Nick T, Stewart, Egan, and both Couchman's, with clearly more upgrades to come with King-Togia and Buchanan. How does that send the wrong message? A lot of stuff the club does is horrendous, but they at least look like they've changed something in the juniors department. Whether it works or not who knows. We're a football club, not a charity. If Fagalilo isn't good enough, then I'm glad we've gone to get someone we believe is.

Rod Coil

Juniors
I’m pretty sure our BOD and recruitment teams are separate entities. Just saying.
Both have issues, but they aren’t the same beast.
Having said that I’ve got no issue with the recruitment team making a decision.

Latest posts