What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Flanno's New Signings

hewi

Bench
Doueihi should just accept the Tigers offer, as I think the best he'll receive elsewhere maybe no more than a T&T contract so as not to take up a squad space.

He has had a terrible run of injuries , if it was me I would take the $150,000 and hope I could reestablish myself. Unfortunately if you look at Bird as a comparison his chances of ever being as good again are not great. I wish him the best of luck.

be55

Juniors
I dont think ppl realise how close we are too a Feagai back in 1st grade.

Star Wars No GIF

SOS

Juniors
If you don't like him that's fine but to talk shit because of that is just lame , you don't get to where he is being garbage
I don’t think I was talking shit squid, just my opinion, and of course I was speaking in relative terms. He would be much better than me.

Our recruitment is beyond diabolical.

That’s all I have left to say.

I was happy to write off 2024 in the name of sorting our mess out and get back on track but 2025’s squad looks set to be somehow even weaker.

We don’t have a truly competitive team on the field.
We have players like Lomax and maybe Su’a/DeBelin leaving.
The likes of Lawrie/Bird staying.
Nobody of note coming, maybe some 19 year old whizz whose career we can destroy with our pathetic culture.

So, what do we have? We have a better coach that’s about it.

Gippsy

Bench

I was happy to write off 2024 in the name of sorting our mess out and get back on track but 2025’s squad looks set to be somehow even weaker.

Nobody of note coming, maybe some 19 year old whizz whose career we can destroy with our pathetic culture.

Agree, but still, when I checked a few minutes ago, we are in the top eight!! :)

Dragon David

First Grade

Unfortunately we just don't know what the true picture is with the squad and retention/recruitment of players. There have been several rumours which occur at this club all of the time. I'm hoping that once the club gets a full-time Recruitment and Pathways Manager (soon) somethings could happen. Flanno I'm sure has identified what he needs, but knowing what he wants and actually getting are two different things that we have found out.

Agree, but still, when I checked a few minutes ago, we are in the top eight!! :)
Does that mean you are happy with the team? We are doing well to be in 5-5. The Roosters and Dolphins gave us a touch of reality of what we have to look forward to when the opposition want to have their way with us.

We have gaping holes in our squad and no word of anyone coming.

Flanno is doing a great job

Signs Sua for 2 years

Refuses to overpay Jack Bird, hence he accepts the offer and becomes a depth/bench player

On JDB it may be a culture issue

Next Lawrie goes to Parra and we are flying

Flanno is clearing the deck to create his team

Young Sloan is next $500k a season for a player developing his skills is more than fair.

If he performs he gets upgraded. If he fails he joins Dufty in the UK.

Gippsy

Bench
Does that mean you are happy with the team? We are doing well to be in 5-5. The Roosters and Dolphins gave us a touch of reality of what we have to look forward to when the opposition want to have their way with us.

We have gaping holes in our squad and no word of anyone coming.
Like you, I thought this year would be a write-off and I honestly didn't expect too many wins at all. To be 5 wins from 10 games is already above my expectations. So, in my opinion Flanno is doing a tremendous job so far, and if he can continue for the remainder of the year and have us finish somewhere near the 8, he will be a bloody miracle worker.

Last edited:

I'm Hornby

Juniors
Talagi from the eels is a must. Great potential and tough
Sign him the same way the Knights signed Ponga.
Throw $700-$800 at him and he can play either 5/8 or fullback.
Yeah mate throwing nearly 10% of the cap at one unproven player sounds like a great idea, easy enough to say when it's not your money hey Pal? 😂😂😂😂😂😂