What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Flanno's New Signings

Dragons4me

Juniors
We have money to spend just no one wants to join us. JDB although a good footballer is not the best advertisement for us. Did anyone notice on fox that they showed footage of the game while he was talking at the presso. Bit rude/ woke - hmm anyway.
Actually no I didn't notice live. Lot's of players have questionable personal history for that to be a consideration if true, including some of our biggest names in the game.

Slippery Morris

First Grade
With JDB, their is a cop convicted of lying in court. It is a pity the NRL sticking with their ways and assuming he is guilty and treated as if they don't want a bar of him. Even Lodge gets treated better that JDB.

There is a group of players from a club that was involved in a worse situation in Coffs Harbour many years ago. This club showed no remorse for the victim or stood down a player. They are the currently the NRL's favourite team and have always been apart from when Gallop was in charge. He just knew how bad they were for the NRL and did not give them any favouritism. I would take Gallop back to any of the guys that have taken over since. He had no tolerance for clubs bending the rules.

dungay dragon

Juniors
We have money to spend just no one wants to join us. JDB although a good footballer is not the best advertisement for us. Did anyone notice on fox that they showed footage of the game while he was talking at the presso. Bit rude/ woke - hmm anyway.
Happens quite a bit esp when the Pressor is on delay , and Fox get time to match up a replay of try or incident with a comment the Coach or player is making
Not a drama

redv13

Bench
Happens quite a bit esp when the Pressor is on delay , and Fox get time to match up a replay of try or incident with a comment the Coach or player is making
Not a drama
Agree this is a non event. Reporters asked him questions about Su’a and JDB spoke quite well and they showed him speaking there and most of the pc. Move on, nothing to see here

Heard Flanagan interviewed on Triple M this afternoon.
Hooper specifically asked him about D Safiti and Talagi.
Flanagan was very tight lipped in his response, saying again that he is looking to sign a big forward for the up front work.
Said Talagi had a number of clubs interested in him, and was not sure if they could get him to leave Parramatta.
There is obviously a fair bit going on in this space, especially with the end of the season looming.

Dragon David

First Grade
Flanno doesn't want to give too much away. We know that he is after a big bopper and backs. If we don't get either Saifiti and/or Talagi then before any announcement that another club has signed them, the Dragons could just say that they have stopped pursuing them so no skin off his nose.

There is a bit in the following article that states that Flanno is arranging a meeting with Talagi's family so a good reason for Jason Ryles to now get an immediate release from the Storm so that he can focus on the Eels, and the main one at this stage is to re-sign Talagi.

TheRev

First Grade
Flanno doesn't want to give too much away. We know that he is after a big bopper and backs. If we don't get either Saifiti and/or Talagi then before any announcement that another club has signed them, the Dragons could just say that they have stopped pursuing them so no skin off his nose.

There is a bit in the following article that states that Flanno is arranging a meeting with Talagi's family so a good reason for Jason Ryles to now get an immediate release from the Storm so that he can focus on the Eels, and the main one at this stage is to re-sign Talagi.

There are a couple of threads going on this, but sounds like we should get some movement either this week or maybe next (not sure how many clubs the Talagis are meeting)... but Dragons and Parra have the bye so its a good chance to kind of nut this out whatever goes down.

It sounds like his lil brother Ryda (the prop) isnt signed like someone mentioned recently.. which made no sense to me.. leave the option for a package deal together so if they do come they can relocate em somewhere closer.. were sort of in a good situation with the way our SG Team won the title also.. would be appealing youd think for youngsters.... even though ironically it means we have a lot of young props already.. but Ryda I think is maybe 16-17 or something so hes the generation behind.

Anyway its just a meeting.. but atleast its face-to-face and we can move forward either way.

st.phil

Bench
wait JDBs "gone woke" in your eyes? A curious read that one...

matPORTS

Juniors
Clint Gutherson at age 29.

Currently on a reported $950k with 2025 still to run on his deal at Parramatta.

Jason Ryles has a big call to make on this one with rivals (including us) circling for Blaize Talagi (and his younger brother + a few select other highly regarded juniors from the west).

Is Gutho a potential option for us, say at $650k for the next two years (and as long as Parramatta are filling $300k of his 2025 salary)?

I'd play him in the centres, be a back up at 1, and he will be a crucial mentor for Sloan whom most of us agree still has major question marks over whether he is going to make it or not.

For me this scenario seems like a Flanno type signing, and also buys some more time for the development of Hayden Buchanan (and company).

JubileeJeffro

Juniors
Hell no! Gutho looks to have way too much wear and tear. Also had a few run ins with Moses, who the team will be built around.
Bad knees and his arm looks like it’s wrapped in plaster..
I sense Talagi will stay at Eels, play number 1 and Gutho might be off to top up his super in the UK

Last edited:

Auntie.Gerald

First Grade
Lomax could be the next Gutho

Gutho was a centre at Manly prior to his ACL reco and tiny bit of 5/8

Then at 22/23yrs of age nabbed to FB spot at Parra when he shifted clubs

in fact Lomax this season faster and stronger than ever on the Wing makes me think he could be a very good fullback…….especially now he has finally matured a little in his attack decision making. Much more select than the unbridled streak he had to attack everything in years prior.

Last edited:

Veteran Dragon

Juniors
Clint Gutherson at age 29.

Currently on a reported $950k with 2025 still to run on his deal at Parramatta.

Jason Ryles has a big call to make on this one with rivals (including us) circling for Blaize Talagi (and his younger brother + a few select other highly regarded juniors from the west).

Is Gutho a potential option for us, say at $650k for the next two years (and as long as Parramatta are filling $300k of his 2025 salary)?

I'd play him in the centres, be a back up at 1, and he will be a crucial mentor for Sloan whom most of us agree still has major question marks over whether he is going to make it or not.

For me this scenario seems like a Flanno type signing, and also buys some more time for the development of Hayden Buchanan (and company).
Gutherson would be a great buy

Veteran Dragon

Juniors
The Dolphins reserve fullback Trai Fuller has been a standout for the Dolphins when called in to cover fullback when Hamiso Tabuai-Fidow (The Hammer) is injured or on SOO duty. Although small in stature he has great defence, is fast, has creative skills and has no contract beyond this year. He could also come cheap.

Nutz

Bench
The Dolphins reserve fullback Trai Fuller has been a standout for the Dolphins when called in to cover fullback when Hamiso Tabuai-Fidow (The Hammer) is injured or on SOO duty. Although small in stature he has great defence, is fast, has creative skills and has no contract beyond this year. He could also come cheap.
Comes with own pacemaker. How old is Trai now?

Nutz

Bench
Hell no! Gutho looks to have way too much wear and tear. Also had a few run ins with Moses, who the team will be built around.
Bad knees and his arm looks like it’s wrapped in plaster..
I sense Talagi will stay at Eels, play number 1 and Gutho might be off to top up his super in the UK
Makes sense to me. He's wearing out. Warrior though.

Latest posts