What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Flanno's New Signings

redv13

Bench
Stefano to Bulldogs is the rumour tonight.
Tomorrow could be interesting
For 1 million a season, he’s an absolute bludger. Glad he’s not coming to Saints, absolute highway robbery at that price. If he has half a brain he will head to Melbourne and give Bellamy a chance at turning him into a beast. Looks like Tarzan but unfortunately plays like Jane

TheRev

First Grade
if the dogs get him.. itll surely be 600k tops with various pub shares and what not.. the journos keep saying " a sydney club on the up"it rly only points to the dogs.. what makes it even more the case is the fact no one is saying who it is.. nor did they ask gus on 100% footy to confirm it.

That said Storm arent out of the running by all accounts.

TheRev

First Grade
You would think that they would have people signed up or ready to be before they get rid of any players. It's like you have an OK car but you want to upgrade it and you still need it to get to work but you do a stupid thing and sell it and become a silly idiot because you don't have your own transport and need to catch 2 buses and a train to get to work taking 2 bloody hours and if you had the car you would be at work in half an hour and the better car you have pondered over to buy for yonks is sold to someone else. Oh NO!!
I must say I'm realising how tricky trading can be.... if u have a top notch roster.. u need a spot free before the NRL will let u register a new contract.. but then how do u offload a player to free the spot? Because whoever is buying him.. they need a free slot also.. so if they need to offload, the 3rd club needs a spot and needs to offload.. and so on.

Of course not all clubs are in that situation.. we have a few slots free for 2025 still... but once we sign these last few, we are then stuck until we find buyers for our on-contract guys we want moved on.

Dragon David

First Grade
I must say I'm realising how tricky trading can be.... if u have a top notch roster.. u need a spot free before the NRL will let u register a new contract.. but then how do u offload a player to free the spot? Because whoever is buying him.. they need a free slot also.. so if they need to offload, the 3rd club needs a spot and needs to offload.. and so on.

Of course not all clubs are in that situation.. we have a few slots free for 2025 still... but once we sign these last few, we are then stuck until we find buyers for our on-contract guys we want moved on.
Yes I know things are tricky and I know that is the case for the Dragons. I wish it wasn't though.

With all of this trickery its no wonder we end up with (I really don't want to say it) the rejects and journeymen who might be a tad better than the other rejects and journeymen we want to release.

TheRev

First Grade
Yes I know things are tricky and I know that is the case for the Dragons. I wish it wasn't though.

With all of this trickery its no wonder we end up with (I really don't want to say it) the rejects and journeymen who might be a tad better than the other rejects and journeymen we want to release.
Totally agree on all fronts! Rly hoping we finally get a win or 2 in coming weeks.. feel like Flanno has done enough to get more than just scraps now.. we should be able to attract a rung or two up..

The reality is most of the players the Dragons are chasing are still under Contract
Some have been given permission to negotiate then the wheeling n dealing starts between the two Clubs
It doesnt also mean the Club will let them go .....
Terribly frustrating for all
Hopefully some "light" soon
Talagi and Stefano as early as tomorrow
If Stefano goes to Storm , expect some releases from the Storm , as prev mentioned
Big Nelson keeps dipping his toe in the water , and letting all know hes about
Papps is the sleeper....
We are the only club to have offered both the Talagi brothers a package deal to come to the Dragons.
Think we will get an answer prior to the weekend.

Latest posts