What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Flanno's New Signings

matPORTS

Juniors
Getting new players just that much better than some that we have will improve us and Flanno can make sure of that. No use going overboard and paying outrageous money on a player like Stefano when I don't think he would be good value. Maybe Bellamy can do it but even he can do something magical to an average player and keep the costs down.

I'd say that the only club that will get value for money out of Stefano would be the Storm. They can carry the salary cap burden while Bellamy brings in some juniors to cover the outside backs on lower wages.

No other club would be able to carry the burden and not suffer for it. Even Penrith, who might somehow be able to negotiate a slightly cheaper deal, would be silly to take up a significant chunk of their cap on a front rower (even though they are looking for a JFH replacement).

We don't have the same luxury as the Storm - at least not at the moment. If we can get our junior outside backs firing over the next three years, and if say for example the Couchmans prove to be solid regular first graders, then maybe we might be able to go and spend a $1m each on an elite prop + an elite back rower. But all of this remains a big IF.

Dragon David

First Grade
Always remember when a decent player moves to another club its usually for a lot more that is reported.
The Bulldogs have bought like 2 dozen players over the past 3 years. Clearly their Mr fixit Mr Laundy has assisted in many of these transactions. NRL integrity should be all over this like a rash!
Haven't they just signed the Roosters second rower Sitili Tupouniua on a 3 year deal? It really amazes me just how the Dogs manage to get signings one after the other and if they are courting Stefano, then some cheating must be going on unless they are intending to get rid of half a dozen of their "below" average players.

justadragon

Bench
We have some really good guys coming through our grades , would much rather them than some mercenary just there because we were the highest bidder. In Stefano's case he went MIA on both occasions we played the WT's, if he has no pride or respect for the club that developed him, then why would we want him, I'm glad we pulled out of that race and haven't we learnt our lesson.

matPORTS

Juniors
Haven't they just signed the Roosters second rower Sitili Tupouniua on a 3 year deal? It really amazes me just how the Dogs manage to get signings one after the other and if they are courting Stefano, then some cheating must be going on unless they are intending to get rid of half a dozen of their "below" average players.

If anything, I would love to see the Dogs go all in on him and put themselves up against the salary cap wall again. From what is playing out, they aren't showing any signs that they have learnt their lessons from the Des Hasler era. With this happening, it opens up opportunities for clubs like us to go and recruit their players on part freight in the inevitable salary cap squeeze.

This is why Flanno will prove to be a great thing for our club longer term. If he can land Saifiti, and possibly another elite forward (RCG one example) on two year deals w/ part freight for year one, that's an absolute stroke of genius. I'm trying to be positive that this will occur...

Slippery Morris

First Grade
The Dogs also signed one of the best props in the ESL Tom Amone for next season.

What I found so amusing is on Tuesday NRL360 said the Storm are offering 850k for Stefano. On Wed Hoops on NRL360 said Dogs will offer 650k and were a good chance of getting him. How the hell does that make any sense? Why would a) Stefan choose Dogs over Storm seeing Bellamy wants him and b) for 200k less.

I also heard that the Storm are shopping NAS around as well to make up the cash to get Stefano. Why is no team trying to get NAS apart from Tigers at 1 stage? Better still why is the Storm so keen to get rid of him? I am surprised Saints are not linked with NAS. They are linked with everyone else that comes on the market until any other team shows interest.

TheRev

First Grade
The Dogs are just rorters of the highest order.. still got guys like Ado'Carr & Mahoney on their books signed as marquees, 2 fullbacks, 3 halfbacks all fringe nrl standard or better... and somehow they are all on unders.

If NAS is being shopped.. its being done very quietly.. Storm and him keep saying hes not.. and that rugby is on the cards.. I dont believe anything anyone says anymore.. but its very discreet if its true... and thats why journos wont have mentioned it.. noone is allowed to make an offer technically.

Kolum Kid

Juniors
The Dogs are just rorters of the highest order.. still got guys like Ado'Carr & Mahoney on their books signed as marquees, 2 fullbacks, 3 halfbacks all fringe nrl standard or better... and somehow they are all on unders.

If NAS is being shopped.. its being done very quietly.. Storm and him keep saying hes not.. and that rugby is on the cards.. I dont believe anything anyone says anymore.. but its very discreet if its true... and thats why journos wont have mentioned it.. noone is allowed to make an offer technically.
Don't forget Gould was with the Roosters years ago so would have learnt all the "tricks of the trade" so to speak during that time

denis preston

First Grade
Time to go through the Laundy books, pub by pub?

Trifili13

Juniors
The Dogs also signed one of the best props in the ESL Tom Amone for next season.

What I found so amusing is on Tuesday NRL360 said the Storm are offering 850k for Stefano. On Wed Hoops on NRL360 said Dogs will offer 650k and were a good chance of getting him. How the hell does that make any sense? Why would a) Stefan choose Dogs over Storm seeing Bellamy wants him and b) for 200k less.

I also heard that the Storm are shopping NAS around as well to make up the cash to get Stefano. Why is no team trying to get NAS apart from Tigers at 1 stage? Better still why is the Storm so keen to get rid of him? I am surprised Saints are not linked with NAS. They are linked with everyone else that comes on the market until any other team shows interest.
Maybe the 'culture' at the Dogs is better than the Storm? Can't think of anything else given all we hear is players are happy to play for less with a chance to win a GF.

AyiosYiorgos

Coach
Stefano has 3 clubs after him, supposedly Storm, Dolphins both interstate teams and the Dogs, he has said he would prefer to stay in Sydney, considering how much his manager is asking for, which is elite money, he has f**k all clubs wanting him, so his choices are limited, if i was him, I would be heading to the Storm, time to grow up and become a man and a real footballer and fulfill your potential.

qld redvee

Juniors

Slip, 360 also said tigers had met with nasty and then decided he wasn't for them so they dropped off.. that should raise alarm bells and whilst his size would be great I can only imagine he would be a penalty magnet once he is out of the storm system

Dragon David

First Grade
If anything, I would love to see the Dogs go all in on him and put themselves up against the salary cap wall again. From what is playing out, they aren't showing any signs that they have learnt their lessons from the Des Hasler era. With this happening, it opens up opportunities for clubs like us to go and recruit their players on part freight in the inevitable salary cap squeeze.

This is why Flanno will prove to be a great thing for our club longer term. If he can land Saifiti, and possibly another elite forward (RCG one example) on two year deals w/ part freight for year one, that's an absolute stroke of genius. I'm trying to be positive that this will occur...
Slip, 360 also said tigers had met with nasty and then decided he wasn't for them so they dropped off.. that should raise alarm bells and whilst his size would be great I can only imagine he would be a penalty magnet once he is out of the storm system
Maybe the 'culture' at the Dogs is better than the Storm? Can't think of anything else given all we hear is players are happy to play for less with a chance to win a GF.
Stefano has 3 clubs after him, supposedly Storm, Dolphins both interstate teams and the Dogs, he has said he would prefer to stay in Sydney, considering how much his manager is asking for, which is elite money, he has f**k all clubs wanting him, so his choices are limited, if i was him, I would be heading to the Storm, time to grow up and become a man and a real footballer and fulfill your potential.

The Bulldogs are a sneaky club. They will be looking at their numbers very closely. They have signed Sitili Tupouniua, Tom Amone, now looking at Stefano U and maybe some others to bolster their forward stocks. Where will it all end and how do they manage to do this. Gus Gould must be a great persuader and Laundy must be a great provider of drinks, food, accommodation and brown paper bag packages with some green paper inside I'd say.

I would be laughing my head off if the Dogs get audited and found out to be cheating. I hope so and it will be the police dogs that will be barking and not the bulldogs. Why do i hare this club so much?

Come on Bellamy/Bunn, get Stefano on your books!!