What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Flanno's New Signings

justadragon

Bench

shiloh dc

Juniors
Isn't it amazing how the NRL360 team know exactly what To'o is on - Richie $620K only to be corrected to $625K by Anasta. They then agree this is unders and that the Tigers could offer $1M. To'o would be aware the Tigers are prepared to pay this huge amount and is driving these exit rumours to be richer and with his old mates Luai, api etc.
These NRL360 guys (Tallis excluded)) know exactly what most players are on but are very selective in their disclosures.
BTW - $1M for a SOO winger - Parra got a bargain with another SOO winger Lomax at $650K.
Its interesting that when Dom Young moved to the Rorters - these chaps could not tell us what the Rorters were paying him. I would suspect its between $650K - $800K which makes their salary cap a complete joke (which we know).

Dragon David

First Grade
Hey Dave , if you read on in that article it mentions that Hastings is going back to SL for poor performances, and yet he was one that owned Hunt in the wet at Newcastle. BTW I know who else should be going to SL if anyone would have him.
G'Day Justa. I didn't bother reading all of the article before but I have now and yes, looks like O'Sullivan is starting to exercise his power for which he has been employed to do and arranging the Leeds Rhinos to take Hastings. That is so they can fit Pezet in from the Storm. Pezet was a local junior at Newcastle so he would know the area quite well and would fit in nicely.

See, if O'Sullivan did come to the Dragons, instead of Hastings going to Super League, our dearly beloved half back might have.

Dragon David

First Grade
Isn't it amazing how the NRL360 team know exactly what To'o is on - Richie $620K only to be corrected to $625K by Anasta. They then agree this is unders and that the Tigers could offer $1M. To'o would be aware the Tigers are prepared to pay this huge amount and is driving these exit rumours to be richer and with his old mates Luai, api etc.
These NRL360 guys (Tallis excluded)) know exactly what most players are on but are very selective in their disclosures.
BTW - $1M for a SOO winger - Parra got a bargain with another SOO winger Lomax at $650K.
Its interesting that when Dom Young moved to the Rorters - these chaps could not tell us what the Rorters were paying him. I would suspect its between $650K - $800K which makes their salary cap a complete joke (which we know).
All the wheeling and dealing with the people in the know and possibly a lot being very much underhanded stuff. Boy we need to get our "cheaters" act together but we just plod along and plod along singing a merry tune on the way to zeroness.

matPORTS

Juniors
One thing that really irks me...

If Braith Anasta is managing players, he should not be:

1. Host of an NRL tabloid gossip program
2. Mixing with journalists on the same
3. Commenting openly about players wages (rumoured or otherwise)

This is a conflict of interest if ever there was one.

Also, I just don't plain like the guy. His hatred for the Dragons is just pathetic... Braith, just to remind you - 32 points to 8 !!

TheRev

First Grade
Normally the conflicts of interest arent that big a deal.. but Anasta is flying right into the fire lately.. essentially trying to get exposure and increase the price for his clients.. right now its Pezet.. hes not even pretending anymore about the Nov 1 deadline.

Previously it was Ilias, but hes injured atm.

Bulldogs seem to have an endless salary cap…Tupouniua, Kikau, Burton, Crichton, Mahoney, Curran, Ado Carr, Tracey, Tom Amone (from Super League) and if you believe it Utoikamanu as well as the likes of Sexton, Hutchison, TAFE, Preston Campbell, Kiraz etc etc

I wish we had a similar salary cap!!!

Gould is do'er. Say what you want but he gets things done and generally what he wants.

We don't have any of that at our joint.

The amount of posters on here bagging the Bulldogs pre-season saying they were going to flop and that their buys were sad.

Not so much of that now, and they are not slowing down.

We are condemned to more of what we saw Sunday endlessly because we suck at recruitment.

TheRev

First Grade
Gould is do'er. Say what you want but he gets things done and generally what he wants.

We don't have any of that at our joint.

The amount of posters on here bagging the Bulldogs pre-season saying they were going to flop and that their buys were sad.

Not so much of that now, and they are not slowing down.

We are condemned to more of what we saw Sunday endlessly because we suck at recruitment.
Yup I said that at the time, heaps of good talent, flexibility in positions and seemingly they didnt even overpay which is infuriating.... we literally tried to sign a lot of the players they did.. but lost out in the process.. but the main one was Tracey.. a little energiser fullback in the mould of Ramsey.. would have completely changed our squad and not even that expensive.. very frustrating when they already had Taaffe signed.

I reckon if land Val, we will get momentum though.. the problem is we take a long time to get our deals done (which invites other clubs into the market), and I think it comes down to:

a) Flanno is trying to do the recruitment role from his car on the way to running a football side
b) Flanno is a tight-a**e, he will let the deal fall over before he overpays
c) We are still overcoming the stink of years gone by..

Realistically if we do manage to sign most of these guys were going after, and our roster looks more respectable.. then every recruit just gets easier from there.. its such a long process though.. we are still working on a 2nd signing for 2025 after 8 months of searching... to be fair though the player market has really opened up more than I expected with clubs offloading if we can have some luck signing the right guys for the right price.