What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Flanno's New Signings

denis preston

First Grade
No surprise with the Knobs running our football operation/department.
They even managed to screw up the signings of a new Coach (Ryles) & new Recruitment Manager (POS)
when they were supposedly in the bag.

As they say: how can you fly like an Eagle when you surround yourselves with Turkeys.
The broom needs to start from the top, otherwise Flanno will continue to shoot blanks.
I don’t accept this rumour about KiKau . Sounds like Bullshit to me. Mind you I’d gladly push the broom with you to get rid of serial non performers like Haran & Millward.

matPORTS

Juniors
I don't think any of us we'll be able to work it out...

But it's abundantly clear that, for one reason or another:

- General ineptitude of our management in wheeling and dealing
- The current playing roster (who their team mates might be)
- Who the coach is
- Afraid of the weight of expectation
- Their managers having their own agendas
- Mix of all the above

We simply have a hard time in dealing with the open market, and are forced to accept crumbs. I still hold out hope that Flanno may turn this around in the coming next couple of years, and it may require us to get an astute recruitment and retention manager / GM of Football onboard (Scott Fulton currently doesn't have a job?). But, patience has certainly run out for all of us. It's time for Ian Millward and Ben Haran to go bye byes, who have been two of the great survivors since the Mary days !!

The current rumours about Brian To'o wanting a better deal out of his current contract (to 2027) do nothing to ease the frustration here (particularly after the Lomax situation and it's also still pretty clear that Hunt probably wants out but is being cannon balled). The NRL have to do more to clamp down on this stuff. The players themselves, their managers and the clubs alike are all guilty of this. The fans + other stakeholders of the clubs need more certainty. I'm sure the majority are confused by exactly what is allowed and what is not under the salary cap (both in terms of the official rules + what is right and what is wrong protocol under the spirit of this rules).

Junior dispensations or a draft are also going to be a critical requirement moving forward. This is crucial for us if we can't attract outside players (and also given that our Centre of Excellence at Wollongong Uni will be coming online soon - we are committed to the gong as our base). If we can't bring our home grown juniors through without the vultures trying to pry them away (particularly looking at Buchanan, Loko Jnr & Egan who could be major cogs in our machine as players on the current roster and anyone whom we pick up with freight transition out come 2027-2030ish) - then we might as well resign ourselves to being no more than a team that will just scrape into the 8, and that's also with luck and good management of player workloads during the given season.

Last edited:

Auntie.Gerald

First Grade
Seeing panthers with The Chin on the weekend destroy us

Jerome moving on

I mean it is an easy sell to Talagi to be a panther just around the corner from family etc

we would have to do a brownie Ponga type 6yr deal ie minimum 4 to 5 years to even be half way close

Dragon David

First Grade
I'm waiting for a Breaking News announcement that we have actually signed somebody (to fill the vacant position for the cleaning of the Taj Mahal and the club in Wollongong). The job description I have read involves cleaning out of all the deadwood in the boardrooms of the clubs and the Recruitment personnel). The owners and sponsors are concerned about the amount of rubbish that has been built up over the years at the Joint Venture Clubs and the Cleaner who fills the vacant position can clean himself out once his job is completed.

Dragon David

First Grade
Reimis Smith also linked to the Roosters.
What a merry-go-round this NRL is at the moment. All players, managers, club officials going round and round and our guy ends up with mud on his face from falling off the ride and then end up with a sore head and nothing else to show for it. "No decent signings for the Dragons I'm sorry to report" he will say as he trots away rubbing his sconce.

R&WTILLIDIE

First Grade
Meanwhile, Dragons losing one of the best wingers in Zac Lomax…and still haven’t got a replacement for him…well played dragons

Illusion

Bench
I'm waiting for a Breaking News announcement that we have actually signed somebody (to fill the vacant position for the cleaning of the Taj Mahal and the club in Wollongong). The job description I have read involves cleaning out of all the deadwood in the boardrooms of the clubs and the Recruitment personnel). The owners and sponsors are concerned about the amount of rubbish that has been built up over the years at the Joint Venture Clubs and the Cleaner who fills the vacant position can clean himself out once his job is completed.
You forgot also that person needs to clean the Board Room as well , after a big Chinese smorgasbord lunch and all the empty Crownies in the recycle bin ........

Dragon David

First Grade
You forgot also that person needs to clean the Board Room as well , after a big Chinese smorgasbord lunch and all the empty Crownies in the recycle bin ........
You have got to have a laugh haven't you as the only thing left to do is cry and I've done that enough times this year when we lose.

Latest posts