What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Flanno's New Signings

To be honest, I have nearly run out of things to say about everything to do with this club.

I think that I have been a die hard supporter of the RedV seeing that I have been following them for over 65 years. The first three years of their magnificent straight premiership wins I wasn't into footy, but by the time 1959 came, I started to get more interested in the Dragons and since then they won a further 8 premierships in the fifties to the sixties making it an elevenpeat. They were the greatest as far as I was concerned and unless Penrith can win another 9 in a row, then there will not be any club in the modern day who can eclipse those 11 straight wins by the Dragons in my opinion.

The sad part now is that what were my really proudest moments way back then are well and truly buried deep down in my memory bank now as I approach my 78th birthday. Now in my twilight years to witness the complete opposite of what the Dragons meant to the supporters of this once great club.

As Dragons fans we will never give them up, not in a million years. I only hope that Flanno can get us some decent signings to help bring back some semblance of how great we were in those magnificent 11 straight premiership years.
Dragon David
All I can say is I share your pain.
Anyone who cares to look can see the soul has been sucked out of the club in the last decade or so.

I feel as if the management is satisfied with just existing and that we as fans should feel similarly, and anything beyond that like scraping the top 8 is a bonus.

Does feel like the coach has a lot more spark about him but is learning the truth of his employer. In 5 years he will be sacked and I reckon he will be the type of person to shed some light on how fouled the club is. Just my view.

David, I’ve only witnessed the one premiership in my life time. I can only imagine the canyon of pride we have slid down of someone like you who witnessed the glory days. I’m utterly sorry.

If only I had a dollar for every time the Dragons coach said ‘disappointing’ it would least made supporting the Dragons slightly worthwhile.

The board should be ashamed. If only they had their finger on the pulse of the supporter base.

since77

Juniors
To be honest, I have nearly run out of things to say about everything to do with this club.

I think that I have been a die hard supporter of the RedV seeing that I have been following them for over 65 years. The first three years of their magnificent straight premiership wins I wasn't into footy, but by the time 1959 came, I started to get more interested in the Dragons and since then they won a further 8 premierships in the fifties to the sixties making it an elevenpeat. They were the greatest as far as I was concerned and unless Penrith can win another 9 in a row, then there will not be any club in the modern day who can eclipse those 11 straight wins by the Dragons in my opinion.

The sad part now is that what were my really proudest moments way back then are well and truly buried deep down in my memory bank now as I approach my 78th birthday. Now in my twilight years to witness the complete opposite of what the Dragons meant to the supporters of this once great club.

As Dragons fans we will never give them up, not in a million years. I only hope that Flanno can get us some decent signings to help bring back some semblance of how great we were in those magnificent 11 straight premiership years.
I'm not quite of your vintage but you can easily work out what year I started following as a young kid..... One of the things that makes my blood boil about the position the club has mismanaged its way into now is how it disillusions both old timers and new fans alike. My son for instance has seen 2010 but then had to watch a decline that only incompetence by the board could have created. We can literally count the happy Dragons memories since 2010 on one hand.
On the other hand the thing that has made me angriest over the last few years was watching the final year of an old rusted on St.George fan's life in 2023. I met him doing my job and when I first met him I noticed his little bedsit was plastered with old St.George memorabilia and of course that gave us a lot to talk about each week when I would visit him. You could see the sadness on his face as he watched the club lurch through the end of the Griffin era knowing that it was going to be a long way out of this hole - and that he would never live to see it if it happened. On his final year on earth he had to watch a club with a once proud history sink to one of its lowest ever points. He died on a week that the Dragons were thrashed in yet another soulless performance.
The board who created this shi$t show has a lot to answer for.

Dragon David

First Grade
Dragon David
All I can say is I share your pain.
Anyone who cares to look can see the soul has been sucked out of the club in the last decade or so.

I feel as if the management is satisfied with just existing and that we as fans should feel similarly, and anything beyond that like scraping the top 8 is a bonus.

Does feel like the coach has a lot more spark about him but is learning the truth of his employer. In 5 years he will be sacked and I reckon he will be the type of person to shed some light on how fouled the club is. Just my view.

David, I’ve only witnessed the one premiership in my life time. I can only imagine the canyon of pride we have slid down of someone like you who witnessed the glory days. I’m utterly sorry.

If only I had a dollar for every time the Dragons coach said ‘disappointing’ it would least made supporting the Dragons slightly worthwhile.

The board should be ashamed. If only they had their finger on the pulse of the supporter base.
I'm not quite of your vintage but you can easily work out what year I started following as a young kid..... One of the things that makes my blood boil about the position the club has mismanaged its way into now is how it disillusions both old timers and new fans alike. My son for instance has seen 2010 but then had to watch a decline that only incompetence by the board could have created. We can literally count the happy Dragons memories since 2010 on one hand.
On the other hand the thing that has made me angriest over the last few years was watching the final year of an old rusted on St.George fan's life in 2023. I met him doing my job and when I first met him I noticed his little bedsit was plastered with old St.George memorabilia and of course that gave us a lot to talk about each week when I would visit him. You could see the sadness on his face as he watched the club lurch through the end of the Griffin era knowing that it was going to be a long way out of this hole - and that he would never live to see it if it happened. On his final year on earth he had to watch a club with a once proud history sink to one of its lowest ever points. He died on a week that the Dragons were thrashed in yet another soulless performance.
The board who created this shi$t show has a lot to answer for.
Great replies, thanks guys. I only hope that for many of you guys that are fortunately young and healthy enough are able to ride this "slow" period out and that you will see success that will continue for years.

Coffs dragon

Bench

Good post DD and I agree, sadly my support seems to be hanging by a thread these days.
As a young school kid living in the St.George district I was obsessed with seeing them play & even train.
I was never disappointed in their effort or the thrill they gave watching some of my all time favourites.
Blokes like :
Chang, Billy Smith, Barry Beath, Lord Ted, Rocket Rod, Albert Young, Slippery Morris, Brian Johnson, Graeme Wynn, Mark Coyne, Nathan Blacklock….so many favourites.

These days, I can’t find one in the team and usually when I do….they leave. Like Michael O’Connor, Brett Morris, Frizzel, Sowie.

I don’t know what’s wrong with the club, but they have made some woeful decisions over the years.
The blame starts from the top and it’ll take a massive mop & broom to progress onwards and upwards.

I

Latest posts