What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Flanno's New Signings

matPORTS

Juniors
Let's not get too carried away comparing our recruitment to that of the Tigers. Other than Luai (whom they had to pay overs for), I don't see their recruitment as being any better or worse than what we have done so far. At the same time, they will also be going into 2025 thinner in the pack with the loss of Stefano Utoikamanu and Isaiah Papali'i.

In the meantime - we've signed two current/former Origin stars with freight thrown in from their soon to be previous clubs, and it looks strong that we might end up with another couple of the same also on similar deals.

redVinme

Bench
Before the tigers signed luai and turuva they signed Api(cook), Klemmer(RCG) as well as a few that didn't work out. Bateman and papa for example.

They had to get a few fringe rep players on first and then more signings came.

For all the fan fair on their signings. They are still last. Do have some red hot young players come through though

since77

Juniors
All The ones Flano missed out on and we went for just about everyone.
Even just ONE of those would have been some result
Instead we chased everyone and ended up with three nobody else wants.
The tigers have been last for awhile now and they still attract good quality players
Lets not camouflage our failures in recruitment
And how would you have signed all of the ones we missed out on? Paid overs like the Tigers and screwed up our salary cap? And by the way, all those players the Tigers having been signing on those massive overs - where has that got them? Another wooden spoon?
The only player we've missed out on for reasons other than not being stupid enough to offer overs for was AFB. And he went to a club that was in a better position to challenge for a title. And personally while AFB would have offered much needed grunt I think he would have sent our culture backwards, much like he's done at the Warriors.
Simple minded people like you think signing players is easy. It's not. But hey if you can do it better than Flanno, feel free to give him a call and offer your services. I'm sure he'd love to know how you could do it better than him. Let me know when you have landed your first big name.

dragon thomo

Juniors
Valentine Holmes is a class player. Flanno jumped all over it and signed him before other clubs got interested. Parra and others would love to have a quality outside back like him. Cook was bought to bring in experience and culture even above his infield contribution. His combo with Little should be really good .