What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Flanno's New Signings

qld redvee

Juniors
Exactly qld redvee! I am at a loss!!?? Flanno has been after big boppers and now it looks like one has fallen through the cracks and is heading to the Tigers without any other club making noises. Is he not that good? Would he not fit our culture? I just think that he is a far better proposition than several of the guys we have and I'm sure that Flanno could have done wonders with him. R Hunt reminds me of a strong Andrew Fifita. We need a guy like him.

Is it too late?
Do apparantly tigers offering a 3 year deal from next year, cronulla happy to let him go ( afb steps into that roster spot)
Maybe flanno doesn't want that length of deal which I couldn't blame him with

Nutz

Bench
Exactly qld redvee! I am at a loss!!?? Flanno has been after big boppers and now it looks like one has fallen through the cracks and is heading to the Tigers without any other club making noises. Is he not that good? Would he not fit our culture? I just think that he is a far better proposition than several of the guys we have and I'm sure that Flanno could have done wonders with him. R Hunt reminds me of a strong Andrew Fifita. We need a guy like him.

Is it too late?
If we - WT, don't get him I hope the Dragons do.
You will have to use him 2-3 15min rotations as he's not a big minutes player.
In this vid it shows what he's capable of. Mainly for strengthening the middle both in attack and defense...noone bullies this guy.
He'll attract 3 sometimes 4 defenders, makes the post contact metres and still gets the offload away.

Auntie.Gerald

First Grade
Don't think we're missing too much tbh. Similar to BMM in size and stats.
In one of the Dragons videos our Head of Performance alluded to BMM going around next year

I mean his stats are better than R Hunt last time I looked and if he signs as a TT player he maybe all we need half thru the season

you would have to think we will back in both Couchmens where possible and a “RCG” on top of what we have

RCG, Cookie, FMolo
Luc, Sua
Eisenhuth?

bench -

14. Lids?
15. jDB
16. Sele
17. Couchmen?

18. Couchmen
19. RFM
Etc

that is if we do keep Eisenhuth ?

then BMM is on a TT and has a higher per game $ once he can play again if required after rd 12 from memory. Give him a $6k per game after rd 12

keeps our salary cap open for a good player to add to the top30 but BMM is great back up as a TT player contract later in the year off the bench.

he actually is good off the bench vs other options right now

Dragon David

First Grade
If we - WT, don't get him I hope the Dragons do.
You will have to use him 2-3 15min rotations as he's not a big minutes player.
In this vid it shows what he's capable of. Mainly for strengthening the middle both in attack and defense...noone bullies this guy.
He'll attract 3 sometimes 4 defenders, makes the post contact metres and still gets the offload away.

Yes. I'd take him any day of the week.

He is like Fifita. Tough, aggressive and no holding back. He is the sort of player we need to come off the bench in the last 15-20 minutes of both halves. There is no comparison between him and Lawrie. Hunt beats him all over the park.

Is Hunt on the "quiet" with us? There is just no rumour at all about him only going maybe to the Tigers because they released Stefano Utoikamanu to the Storm. I hope it isn't too late for us to nab him. Better than Horsburgh as far as I am concerned.

Nutz

Bench
Yes. I'd take him any day of the week.

He is like Fifita. Tough, aggressive and no holding back. He is the sort of player we need to come off the bench in the last 15-20 minutes of both halves. There is no comparison between him and Lawrie. Hunt beats him all over the park.

Is Hunt on the "quiet" with us? There is just no rumour at all about him only going maybe to the Tigers because they released Stefano Utoikamanu to the Storm. I hope it isn't too late for us to nab him. Better than Horsburgh as far as I am concerned.
It all comes down to dollars. Hunts already in the shire so I can't see him wanting out unless it's either money or maybe he does want to make a clean break...new area, young coach, a barber in the COE who does fancy haircuts. You know the trendy cuts, the ones that make you look like you've been attacked with a whipper skipper :)

Any Sharkie fans who visit us can comment on Hunt. They wou know more than anyone on Hunt. Everyone who plays against us can look like a superstar!
Who are you willing to give up?
Royce is signed for next year.
If you want him for '25 you're going to have to cough up a player.
And going by how the Moons/Fitz team works it'll have to be a good youngster.

Knowing Flanno, there's no way he'd do that, hence the non offer.

Latest posts