What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Flanno's New Signings

BIG RIG

Juniors
2 v 3yrs does sound plausible.. but i thought this was done, maybe it got derailed by this late brisbane bid..

3yrs is certainly a risk.. but im not sure where else we r going to pull 2 quality middles from..
My wishful thinking is that maybe Flanno has got word about a big name on the market and has switched focus but again definitely wishful thinking lmao

TheRev

Coach
My wishful thinking is that maybe Flanno has got word about a big name on the market and has switched focus but again definitely wishful thinking lmao
I'd like to think so also.. but if hes after 2 middles.. man im not sure where hes gonna find em..

Im sure we want a crack at Thompson, but surely we have buckleys against most other nrl clubs who would be interested.

TheRev

Coach
i would be looking at this bloke sort of under the radar
Feels like we are still at the place where we only get the guys noone else wants.. so maybe we can snag some 2026 signings after Nov 1 if they dont get extended first.. but I dont think we will land anyone with real promise.

Might have to compete with the dolphins for DSaf.. or Welch.. anyway maybe RCG isnt out of the qn yet.. hes got to go somewhere.. and if not the broncs, then who?

mattw5

Juniors
Feels like we are still at the place where we only get the guys noone else wants.. so maybe we can snag some 2026 signings after Nov 1 if they dont get extended first.. but I dont think we will land anyone with real promise.

Might have to compete with the dolphins for DSaf.. or Welch.. anyway maybe RCG isnt out of the qn yet.. hes got to go somewhere.. and if not the broncs, then who?
Dont see why they would agree to 3 years either.

Dragon David

First Grade
2 v 3yrs does sound plausible.. but i thought this was done, maybe it got derailed by this late brisbane bid..

3yrs is certainly a risk.. but im not sure where else we r going to pull 2 quality middles from..
I feel sure that the Broncos would not entertain a 3 year term certain deal with RCG. They have several big props in their system and he is getting a bit long with his incisors. Maybe his manager is trying to get that little bit extra from the Dragons and like anyone with negotiating skills you take a backward stance and put on your poker face and let the other party stew for a while. If he goes, he goes and we can all say the same as we keep saying about our lack of recruitment finesse.

We want signings and good ones for sure and the longer we wait, they will dwindle in numbers and we get left with just average players who just might be OK with Flanno as their coach and just miss out making the top 8 again. I said this in the Rumours thread as well. Sorry to repeat it.

qld redvee

Juniors
Well if we miss out on rcg flanno may just have to pay the asking price for saifiti. Triple m reported that dolphins and Newcastle were 50000 difference
Probably flannos same offer... we need someone so cough up the bucks and turn him into a beast flanno..don't let another fall through the cracks

denis preston

First Grade
Yet through all this Flanno sounded confident on the weekend of getting TWO middles. What is happening behind the scenes? Hopefully something!!!

be55

Juniors
Hopefully he does end up signing, but if not, I find it hard to believe that RCG was low-balled by Flanagan. He would be desperate for his signature. I think it's much more likely that the Broncos have stepped in at the last minute, and let's be honest, he'd want to win a comp, and on potential alone, they are a much better chance than us.

And with performances like the last three weeks, that leaves an impression on any potential signing. We supporters aren't the only ones who are aware of the deep seeded problems within the club and see what an inconsistent, spineless rabble we are at times on the field.

People who are hungry would much rather eat fillet mignon, not baked beans on toast.

Dragon David

First Grade
Do we all think that we have the power and ability to pick and choose any player that comes onto the market and actually sign someone decent on good terms and conditions? Are we really a club that is so sort after that external players would love to play for? Have we had the success of previous years to warrant a player to want to come to us?

When you have a guy like Jason Ryles changing his mind about coaching this club and then ends up coaching the Eels does that say something about him or the club? The club wanted Ryles, he didn't want us!

Did we look the goods to sign AFB but he played us along and joined the Sharks who we cannot beat and with him there next year will be harder to beat in my opinion. He and so many good guns know how tough it is being a Dragon. So much pressure to do well. We get players I know we do in the end. They are mainly the "I've been everywhere man" type, a reject , a has been, players who for a couple of years for a few hundred thousand bucks to finish off their careers would be happy to take if they can get the job - why not? The Dragons aren't too bad they say as they collect their paycheck which they thought might not have been available to them once on the chopping block and go through the motions - some games a bit harder than the other but mostly going through the motions.

I am amazed that we did sign Cook and Holmes. That was good work, thank goodness.

I know I am being stupid but being stupid is what some might say following the Dragons for such a long time makes you.

Latest posts