What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Flanno's New Signings

kit66

Bench
Mmm, don't really understand what your getting at, but if RCG had agreed to the offer on the table, which would have been in alignment to our goals, then yeah he fitted the plan. However, any longer or at higher $$, he doesn't, it's assimple and as complex as that.
We have endured the travesty of over paying, over contracted players, bound for retirement for way too long.

Basically saying I can't see the Flanno's "great game of chess" you allude to. I see us being Checkmated at almost every turn for the last 12 months with all the stars/mid range players we've missed out on. The V. Holmes signing is huge for us, an excellent performer and goal kicker (finished the year atop the Point Scorers list and 60 points better than Lomax), reliable, smart and still has some speed - to replace Lomax who even in his finest year to date still topped the Errors list, again, (V.Holmes not in the top 20, how refreshing), great signing. Apart from that, what ? Cook, who we already know is a Bunnies man through and through and whos heart isn't in his switch to us, purely a business decision it seems. He might play well for us but will he bleed for us (you know what I mean). And then.........fresh air, no other signings, just a pile of dead wood that we know we need to move on but as the Feagai resigning shows, reluctant to leave the cupboard completely bare - a few tins of Spam in case of emergency.

jeffdragon

Bench
Basically saying I can't see the Flanno's "great game of chess" you allude to. I see us being Checkmated at almost every turn for the last 12 months with all the stars/mid range players we've missed out on. The V. Holmes signing is huge for us, an excellent performer and goal kicker (finished the year atop the Point Scorers list and 60 points better than Lomax), reliable, smart and still has some speed - to replace Lomax who even in his finest year to date still topped the Errors list, again, (V.Holmes not in the top 20, how refreshing), great signing. Apart from that, what ? Cook, who we already know is a Bunnies man through and through and whos heart isn't in his switch to us, purely a business decision it seems. He might play well for us but will he bleed for us (you know what I mean). And then.........fresh air, no other signings, just a pile of dead wood that we know we need to move on but as the Feagai resigning shows, reluctant to leave the cupboard completely bare - a few tins of Spam in case of emergency.
Lawrie and Rava have lost all form.
I hope they sign some forwards.

justadragon

Bench
The haters see everything revolving around the Rorters, with the Great St George team, getting nuffing.
If the Roosters got Hunt to play 9 and he agreed to it, there would be a set of crosshairs on his head from every Dragons fan on his way out. However I do like the part where they reckon he wont be there in 2025, somehow I think "MR Show me the Money" will be there next year, unfortunately.

Ronnie Dobbs

Coach
As a sharks fan I can't believe Flanno after recruiting this player years ago Jack Williams.
He drops the ball now and then but is blown out of proportion in that, we always let a try in from it.
He has a motor on him is a middle.
3 years deal would still only make him 30-31 played just over 100 games.
Would be a great pick up for any team.

And chase Xavier Wilson for 2026, the Broncs cap is messed up having to pay overs to a few players.
He is a young forward with size, might even get him for next year
Cooma boy. His Dad was a copper and dropped me home a few times in the wee hours of the wknd.

Would love him at the Dragons.

Gareth67

First Grade

Dragon David

First Grade
But what about getting Tyran Wishart, oh yes, no one wants to play for the Supermerge.
You know even before the supermerge, The original Dragons could attract decent players.
Barnhill, Gourley, Coyne, Bartrim, Tigha, Brown, the Return of Choc, these days the supermerge
, couldn't attract flies to poop.
I'm thinking that Tyran Wishart will play out of his skin when he comes off the bench on Saturday afternoon against Cronulla. Our chances of getting him back playing at the RedV will be long odds.

Jubilee

Juniors
Dragonslayer tells us that we have signed 17 year old halfback/five eight Marley McLaren. Checked out his highlights on youtube. He is a representative team captain, a biggish body for the position but with plenty of growing ahead of him, passes and runs well, has a good boot, short and long, and well-placed. He is a keen and solid tackler and not scared of contact, and he is a goal kicker. In his headgear he also looks like Ponga or Burton, if that helps.

Is he going to be Hunt's replacement in 2026 partnered with LKT? Ofc he would still be young but think of Tiger's current young half. He is handling it.

Anyway, looking at his youtube highlight videos - there are four, I think, I have linked two below - this young man looks to be quite the package. So the current discussion of young Wishart may be moot, bcs McLaren + LKT may be the future for 2026 or at least 2027.

Slippery Morris

First Grade
If Saints want a solid halves pairing I would tempt Dolphins for a player swap and give them Ben Hunt for Isaiya Katoa. This kid will be really good as he was moulded into the Penrith system and they had huge hoes for him to take over from Nathan Cleary. They were pi$$ed when Dolphins snuck in and got him. I would offer the kid a 5 year deal. The fact they dropped him may help get the deal across and they have a few options in the halves.

I would then bring in Te Maire Martin. Give him 3 years. He is pretty good, a journeyman which is surprising but has played well wherever he has landed. Those 2 would be a really good halves combo with KFlanno as backup. These 2 would offer so much more in attack than what Saints have now. I feel they are realistic targets that Saints should be gunning for as the halves need strengthening more than any other spots if they want to win a comp. Saints won't win a comp as long as Hunt is in the halves.

Jubilee

Juniors
Next we need to be looking ahead get a hooker for 2027, to partner or take over from Liddle, once Cook has finished his contract bcs, as we all know, the spine matters

Getting into the market for young guys now may be a good way to stay out of these shameful auctions for overpriced players whose futures are well behind them and who we don't even really want.

Latest posts