What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Flanno's New Signings

Parko1310

Juniors
On the fence about Addo-Carr, which means that if Flano wants him then I'll back him. 90% of NRL players do coke (and that might be too low of a number), so that's not the issue I'd have with him, but driving on it, as well as some other character traits.. well there's the issue I'd have with Addo-Carr as a person. As a player, some of the issues I can see are his age and his slighter frame. As a team with weak forwards, we relied on bigger backs this year, and our wingers in particular, to get us up field and out of trouble. Addo-Carr is not that good at this, so we have to compensate elsewhere, and at the moment there seemingly aren't any worthwhile forwards coming anywhere near us.

Positively, he gives us some much needed speed, an option to kick to in behind, experience in big occasions and the possibility of a lethal left edge combo with Val. Plus, he seems to be well-liked by his peers in the game, and that positivity and charisma around our group might be a good thing (so long as he keeps his head on - this will be Flano's challenge with him). Our group seem to sometimes get dragged into the doldrums and it can all turn into doom and gloom very quickly, especially after a loss or even within games when we're behind on the scoreboard. Someone to liven the place up a bit could be just what the players need.

Positives and negatives to his potential signing, so as I say, I'll back Flano's judgement

Bin Chicken

Juniors
On the fence about Addo-Carr, which means that if Flano wants him then I'll back him. 90% of NRL players do coke (and that might be too low of a number), so that's not the issue I'd have with him, but driving on it, as well as some other character traits.. well there's the issue I'd have with Addo-Carr as a person. As a player, some of the issues I can see are his age and his slighter frame. As a team with weak forwards, we relied on bigger backs this year, and our wingers in particular, to get us up field and out of trouble. Addo-Carr is not that good at this, so we have to compensate elsewhere, and at the moment there seemingly aren't any worthwhile forwards coming anywhere near us.

Positively, he gives us some much needed speed, an option to kick to in behind, experience in big occasions and the possibility of a lethal left edge combo with Val. Plus, he seems to be well-liked by his peers in the game, and that positivity and charisma around our group might be a good thing (so long as he keeps his head on - this will be Flano's challenge with him). Our group seem to sometimes get dragged into the doldrums and it can all turn into doom and gloom very quickly, especially after a loss or even within games when we're behind on the scoreboard. Someone to liven the place up a bit could be just what the players need.

Positives and negatives to his potential signing, so as I say, I'll back Flano's judgement
90% ??? No way ! JAC is a solid dude and fast . I know for a fact he is an awesome person that cares for his mates . He would be a huge asset

redv13

Bench
I have learnt to lower my recruitment expectations again and again as the year has gone on.. missing RCG was a real moment also.... I've just let go now.. whoever we can sign.. by all means go for it Flanno.. we have 3-5 signings to go yet.. and I'll settle for upgrades of any type.
Agree Rev. Normally I’d say hell no to JAC but let’s be honest, us supporters can’t on one hand be so picky about who we sign and not sign then in the other breath piss and moan that we can’t make the finals and we’re useless etc.

At the end of the day my opinion means Jack shit so if Flanno says yay or nay then that’s good enough for me as a supporter

Latest posts