What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Flanno's New Signings

since77

Juniors
I saw the infamous Willie Mason sledge going around again on Facebook this morning - "where are your front rowers?". He might be a douchebag but he said what every other team is thinking when they face our front row. No fear at all. Just contempt.
It really depresses me that this is still an issue for us going into 2025. And has been an issue for soooooooo many years now.....
I really hope Flanno is able to conjure up a front row miracle or 2 over the offseason.

maestro1

Bench
I saw the infamous Willie Mason sledge going around again on Facebook this morning - "where are your front rowers?". He might be a douchebag but he said what every other team is thinking when they face our front row. No fear at all. Just contempt.
It really depresses me that this is still an issue for us going into 2025. And has been an issue for soooooooo many years now.....
I really hope Flanno is able to conjure up a front row miracle or 2 over the offseason.
Yes, it smacks of our very average club management that Mason's 5 year old + sledge didn't embarrass them into going out and buy the biggest, meanest mother fxckers. Here we are years later and we have the worst prop rotation ....still.

Dragon David

First Grade
Yes, it smacks of our very average club management that Mason's 5 year old + sledge didn't embarrass them into going out and buy the biggest, meanest mother fxckers. Here we are years later and we have the worst prop rotation ....still.
Our pack of forwards is like a pack of cards - when you deal with them once you know what sort of hand you will get. Weak as piss. Useless for so many years and never ever going to dominate a game. You just cannot if you have piss weak forwards. They are the pillars of power and strength to attack the enemy and defend the home ground.

The Dragons have to put signing the biggest, ugliest, toughest, strongest, fearless, smartest, no nonsense forwards on their buying list for the next couple of years. I don't know if we have those sort of guys coming through the pathways and if not, get them from the islands and train them as if they will be commandos. The ones we have as I said are piss weak that Mason knows, we know so all of the other clubs know as well.

Of all the signings we need, please Flanno make sure that we build up on big boppers. Not just so-so ones but Big As Shit ones.

Parko1310

Juniors
I love this idea. JAC, Sloan, Holmes and finau. We would go from one of the slowest back lines to one of the fastest
Sounds alright theoretically, but I think having Tuipoulotu on the other wing if we signed Addo-Carr becomes a necessity. We can't afford to carry two wingers who aren't that damaging out of the back field with our current crop of forwards. Finau is okay at it, but no where near the level of CT in this department. Having two wingers who aren't great at this aspect of the game in today's game is a recipe for disaster. It is one of the reasons souths were so bad this year. Their wingers were all light weight and near useless coming out of their own end. Penrith, on the contrary, have the best in the game at coming out of his end in To'o as well as Turuva who does well at this too.

hook hook

Juniors
Sounds alright theoretically, but I think having Tuipoulotu on the other wing if we signed Addo-Carr becomes a necessity. We can't afford to carry two wingers who aren't that damaging out of the back field with our current crop of forwards. Finau is okay at it, but no where near the level of CT in this department. Having two wingers who aren't great at this aspect of the game in today's game is a recipe for disaster. It is one of the reasons souths were so bad this year. Their wingers were all light weight and near useless coming out of their own end. Penrith, on the contrary, have the best in the game at coming out of his end in To'o as well as Turuva who does well at this too.
Have you watched a game of nsw cup when finau and tuipolotu are on a wing each? Finau is actually just as good, if not better than tui at yardage carries

jeffdragon

Bench
Our pack of forwards is like a pack of cards - when you deal with them once you know what sort of hand you will get. Weak as piss. Useless for so many years and never ever going to dominate a game. You just cannot if you have piss weak forwards. They are the pillars of power and strength to attack the enemy and defend the home ground.

The Dragons have to put signing the biggest, ugliest, toughest, strongest, fearless, smartest, no nonsense forwards on their buying list for the next couple of years. I don't know if we have those sort of guys coming through the pathways and if not, get them from the islands and train them as if they will be commandos. The ones we have as I said are piss weak that Mason knows, we know so all of the other clubs know as well.

Of all the signings we need, please Flanno make sure that we build up on big boppers. Not just so-so ones but Big As Shit ones.
That why I'm annoyed that we miss our on Safiti and RCG
What other forwards are on the market?
If we have the same pack it will be status quo in my opinion.
Beggars can't be choosers.
Should get some forwards while they are on offer and not wait for a needle in a haystack.

Jubilee

Juniors
That why I'm annoyed that we miss our on Safiti and RCG
What other forwards are on the market?
If we have the same pack it will be status quo in my opinion.
Beggars can't be choosers.
Should get some forwards while they are on offer and not wait for a needle in a haystack.
The only prop I would make a top offer to at the moment is Leo Thompson.

maestro1

Bench
That's why I used the +
I wasn't sure how long ago, but I knew it was more than 5 years. Our management are still having meetings discussing how Mason teased us and we should do something about it. It will appear in the "items to be actioned" at the next board meeting. .........Meanwhile ...back at the ranch .....

mattw5

Juniors
Calling it now.

After watching NRL 360 last night they spoke about talks internally at the Sharks moving Hynes to fullback. With the emergence of Trindall & Atkinson i think the Dragons will make a play for Kennedy, similar situation as Val Holmes they can’t keep them all interesting times but i think this could play out as Flanagan has often said Kennedy coming through had a lot of mistakes in his game but came good & he has wraps on him.

st.phil

Bench
Calling it now.

After watching NRL 360 last night they spoke about talks internally at the Sharks moving Hynes to fullback. With the emergence of Trindall & Atkinson i think the Dragons will make a play for Kennedy, similar situation as Val Holmes they can’t keep them all interesting times but i think this could play out as Flanagan has often said Kennedy coming through had a lot of mistakes in his game but came good & he has wraps on him.
wait wait... so we miss on two halves (which we actually need) and end up with a solid fullback? That would be a very Dragons move

JubileeJeffro

Juniors
Calling it now.

How depressing..

TheRev

Coach
Calling it now.

If I was a sharks fan.. the ideal scenario is they can move on Kennedy and keep the rest.. I would have thought Trindell would test the market for huge money, but there is some narrative about him repaying the club for being patient with him or some such... god I hate that the other clubs get that when we need players.

While Kennedy is an improvement over Sloane its true.. its not as big as an upgrade as I would have liked.. or even someone like a Hopoate/Faulalo/Campbell/Faalago etc.. someone with big potential...

And can he play centre? Because thats another issue for us.. and ofcourse none of this helps with our halves problem... but as I keep saying.. Ill take any upgrade.. Flanno is obviously trying every angle possible to find them.

56to66

Juniors
GroundHog Day, Do these Muppets believe, we will release Ben Hunt without securing the services of a quality replacement.
Hunt will not be going anywhere, unless we sign a Tyran Wishart or a Trindall, the article suggests the Rorters are the only club that seeks silverware, hello so does every other club, however most clubs try to do it legally.
The Sydney Rorters will never ever receive the respect or recognition for there cheating success unlike a Penrith Panthers or the Great St George team of the sixties.

Latest posts