What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Flanno's New Signings

JubileeJeffro

Juniors
Holmes is good in attack but defensively not so good
NSW found him out in origin and so did many other sides
Lomax is a very strong defender and has a superior all round game to Val
Lomax has no attack from centre, don’t think he has even broken a line in 2 or 3 seasons. He has a poor man’s Gasnier shimmy and flick pass from centre.
He is a quality winger as his involvement from back field is way increased and he is a high quality aerial threat in attack, probably the best in the comp at the moment.

maestro1

Bench
But only highlighting reality
Atrocious recruitment/retention record
We finished 11th 1 spot worse then 2022 with a points differential of 100 worse then that year
I refuse to sugar coat reality
With the worst roster in the NRL. It was a miracle we won more than 2 games. Flanno is a magician with what he did with that squad.

A huge chunk of our top squad would not get a run at 15 other clubs.
You really need to measure Flanno on what he can do with a half decent squad. I'm already impressed with what he has done in 2024.

Be fair and Hold your judgement until he can rebuild this squad and then we can all know whether he is a good coach or not.

I wasn't expecting any great supporter moments this last season, but we got plenty and were 1 win from the semis with a squad that has no business being anywhere but fighting for the spoon.
If you look at the teams that finished below us. - Broncos, Warriors, Titans, , Rabbitohs, Eels & Tigers, I'd argue that everyone of their rosters is better than ours. Yet, Flanno had his outperform all these teams and also compete and beat 3 or 4 top 4 and top 8 teams.

Your crucification of Flanno would have more credibility if you, I'm Hornby, etc were a little bit less in a hurry to announce him as a failure. You were both bashing him before an NRL ball had been kicked. Your lack of patience only points to an agenda. Especially since it is the only message in all your posts. No one takes anything you say about Flanno seriously because of your obsession.

since77

Juniors
Holmes is good in attack but defensively not so good
NSW found him out in origin and so did many other sides
Lomax is a very strong defender and has a superior all round game to Val
Zac made a few really terrible attempts at tackles this year. One in first SOO was a good example.
You're either dreaming or stoned if you think Zac has a "superior all round game" to Holmes. You should start looking for a comedy open mic night at the local pub if you're going to keep coming up with crackers like that.

maestro1

Bench
Weren’t you just complaining about not signing RCG, even though it was because Flanno wouldn’t budge on the 3 year deal he wanted. Yet, now you’re saying that Holmes who’s 2 years younger at 29, is an ageing Toyota Camry?
I think Saintmar is just in here to take the piss .......... No one could possibly write this stuff without giggling to themselves.

Old Timer

Coach
With the worst roster in the NRL. It was a miracle we won more than 2 games. Flanno is a magician with what he did with that squad.

A huge chunk of our top squad would not get a run at 15 other clubs.
You really need to measure Flanno on what he can do with a half decent squad. I'm already impressed with what he has done in 2024.

Be fair and Hold your judgement until he can rebuild this squad and then we can all know whether he is a good coach or not.

I wasn't expecting any great supporter moments this last season, but we got plenty and were 1 win from the semis with a squad that has no business being anywhere but fighting for the spoon.
If you look at the teams that finished below us. - Broncos, Warriors, Titans, , Rabbitohs, Eels & Tigers, I'd argue that everyone of their rosters is better than ours. Yet, Flanno had his outperform all these teams and also compete and beat 3 or 4 top 4 and top 8 teams.

Your crucification of Flanno would have more credibility if you, I'm Hornby, etc were a little bit less in a hurry to announce him as a failure. You were both bashing him before an NRL ball had been kicked. Your lack of patience only points to an agenda. Especially since it is the only message in all your posts. No one takes anything you say about Flanno seriously because of your obsession.
Did Flanno really out perform the coaches at Broncos, Souths, Parramatta or did they severely under perform considering what they had in their ranks?

I humbly suggest that Broncos, Souths, Parramatta immediately reacted to unacceptable performances and know that they should have finished above teams like us.

5 hit up’s and a Ben Hunt bomb in attack and being towelled up by 30 & 40 points is not a strong indicator of overachieving IMO.

maestro1

Bench
Did Flanno really out perform the coaches at Broncos, Souths, Parramatta or did they severely under perform considering what they had in their ranks?

I humbly suggest that Broncos, Souths, Parramatta immediately reacted to unacceptable performances and know that they should have finished above teams like us.

5 hit up’s and a Ben Hunt bomb in attack and being towelled up by 30 & 40 points is not a strong indicator of overachieving IMO.
What he did was get more out of very average footballers. This is the essence of coaching. If Flanno was in charge of any of those other squads -IMHO - they would of performed a lot better. It shouldn't be understated how well this side went by getting 10 wins when most punters thought they'd be lucky to scrape 2.

Dragon David

First Grade
Will be keeping an eye on Christian Welch today for impact. His name has been thrown about, he may end up in QLd though.
Oregon Kaufusi is another..see what happens
I will also have a good look at Welch in today's GF. I like Oregon Kaufusi. I think his 2 year deal with the Sharks, which started in 2023 ended this year. I'm not sure what his arrangements going forward at the Sharks are but if he is free to negotiate, would be interested to see if the Dragons get him.

Latest posts