What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Flanno's signings have changed the losing mentality of the team.

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
Carney came here over other clubs because of his mum. I have no idea how interested other clubs were but she had a huge influence in his decision. This is from a very close family friend of Carney's sister.

We are lucky we got him. He wouldn't have signed here in normal circumstances. But now he is here I can see him signing on for longer and having him and Gal here is a pretty strong selling point for new recruits, surely we are now in a better position and shouldn't have to pay overs to get what we want in the coming years.

How much you reckon Ricky will pay to get him at which ever club he goes to? Sticky tried desperately to get JT to us. He knows, its all about the halves.

Frenzy.

Post Whore
From his coaching days at Parra I believe?

Well I doubt that Rube.

Robson was only at Parra for '09, '10 & '11.

Pretty sure Flanno was at the Sharks all those years.

In fact Robbo has never been at a club where Flanagan has been at before now.

Ads

First Grade
How much you reckon Ricky will pay to get him at which ever club he goes to? Sticky tried desperately to get JT to us. He knows, its all about the halves.

No doubt Ricky will go all out to get him, but I think if we can offer a good deal then he will stay. I am not privy to that much info but the family is stoked with how the move here has turned out for him and I would be surprised if he didn't re-sign with us for his next contract. He has had a pretty good start with us, origin and a likely semis spot. It would take something drastic to move I think.

redback

Bench
Well you suggest wrong. The Tigers were trying desperately to get rid of Gibbs who had just signed a 3 year deal. Had to be a Sydney club & nobody wanted him. In the end the Sharks nknew that & made a great power play & only did the Gibbs deal if Burrito was thrown in. Coincided with Mooney getting involved with the negotiations if I remember correctly.
Up to 10 clubs were chasing Carney & only one club did not put big brother restrictions on the deal. The Sharks. other clubs offered more money but on a strictly no alcohol arrangement for 2-3 years. That means the deal was done by Irvines board, who approved the "no-condition" contract. They also conspired, to "rush" Carney manager after repeated delays in price agreement.

All of these details are readily available from interviews with all of these players, coaches & officials. I am quite surprised you thought otherwise.

ohh. no i'm not.

Rubbish. Why don't you post these interviews?

redback

Bench
Well I doubt that Rube.

Robson was only at Parra for '09, '10 & '11.

Pretty sure Flanno was at the Sharks all those years.

In fact Robbo has never been at a club where Flanagan has been at before now.

Petty sure Flanno was either lower grade coach or assistant coach at Parra whenRobbo was there. Not sure.

This ignore thingy is bliss. I wonder why those who disagree with others to the point of it being some strange weak arsed freak with an agenda to derail everything they disagree with, don't use it?

The only downfall is using an iPad and you forget to sign in first.

Enough to make your eyes bleed

All good, ignore back now

redback

Bench
This ignore thingy is bliss. I wonder why those who disagree with others to the point of it being some strange weak arsed freak with an agenda to derail everything they disagree with, don't use it?

The only downfall is using an iPad and you forget to sign in first.

Enough to make your eyes bleed

All good, ignore back now

Yeah, you have to keep telling us Im on ignore, yet post straight after me.

Admit it you freak. You don't have me on ignore! A bit like the boy who cried wolf!

SadShark

Bench
Stop it, stop it, stop it, stop it, stop it, stop it, stop it, stop it, stop it, stop it.

Fer keryst's sake, just.......... f**king stoooooooooooooooopppppppppp it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SadShark

Bench
Am not. Are too. Am not. Are too. Am not. Are too. Am not. Are too. Am not. Are too. Am not. Are too. Am not. Are too. Am not. Are too. Am not. Are too. Am not. Are too. Am not. Are too. Am not. Are too. Am not. Are too. Am not. Are too. Am not. Are too. Am not. Are too. Am not. Are too. Am not. Are too. Am not. Are too. Am not. Are too. Am not. Are too. Am not. Are too. Am not. Are too. Am not. Are too. Am not. Are too. Am not. Are too. Am not. Are too. Am not. Are too. Am not. Are too. Am not. Are too.

Am not. Are too. Am not. Are too. Am not. Are too. Am not. Are too. Am not. Are too. Am not. Are too. Am not. Are too. Am not. Are too. Am not. Are too. Am not. Are too. Am not. Are too. Am not. Are too. Am not. Are too. Am not. Are too. Am not. Are too. Am not. Are too. Am not. Are too. Am not. Are too. Am not. Are too. Am not. Are too. Am not. Are too. Am not. Are too. Am not. Are too. Am not. Are too. Am not. Are too. Am not. Are too. Am not. Are too. Am not. Are too. Am not. Are too. Am not. Are too.

D2?

redback

Bench
Assume you mean the freak. Tis good mate, just make sure you are logged in before you go into a thread.

Rather ironic that you use the word freak. Not suprsingly I used it to describe you a few posts back.

Looks like you don't have me on ignore afterall. Too easy!

Anyway, accoding to Wikipedia Flanno was the Eels SG Ball coach in 97. Robbo was probably in that side.

This article confirms it:

http://www.rlcm.com.au/latest-news/5962-rugby-league

Robson was with the Eels Jersey Flegg team in 2001, so if Flanno was the coach then (I think he was, at the least he was in the Parra coaching structure), well there is an answer, maybe.

Last edited:
On Topic I dont see anything to be gained from bagging on Sticky. No doubt he had one of the toughest jobs in the NRL during 09/10. IMO Flanno and the Sharks management are doing a great job. I appreciate the work Damo has done/is doing.