What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Flegg final 1 v 8

roopy

Referee
Only Cory Paterson, Jarrod Mullen and James McManus not available of our under 20 guys.

roopy

Referee
My side;

Wooden
Uate
Gordon
Richardson
Cooper
Dureau
Walsh
Snowden
Seu Seu
Natusch
Ling
Tuafua
Tupou

Laban
Jeans
Bowe
Allen

roopy

Referee
Our games v Canberra this year;

Round 2 - won 52 - 10 Canberra stadium
Round 11 - won 26 - 22 EAS

roopy

Referee
Canberra have won their last 5 - with an impressive 76-6 result against Cronulla the best result.

Newcastle have lost 2 of their last 5.

chinorocks

Juniors
We better get back to our best...brought grand final tickets under the assumption these guys we're shoe ins to be there on gf day...

roopy

Referee
Rip Taylor is a coach who does some funny things at time.
I think it was the last year he coached Lakes to a title he was also coaching the NSW country side, and the last few games before the finals he went away with the country side and left Lakes without a coach. When the Herald reporter asked him who was coaching while he was away he said the players knew what to do by now, so wouldn't need a coach.
He has coached for about 30 years and probably has about 15 titles, so he has worked out exactly how to let his players slacken off before the finals - and really slip into top gear at exactly the right time.
All his teams play a forward dominated style. This Friday we will see the forward pack go out and take possession of the field. Canberra will be sorry they turned up.

cram

Bench
http://www.newcastleknights.com.au/absolutenm/templates/mediareleases.asp?articleid=958&zoneid=1

Jersey Flegg - Knights v Raiders

Tuesday, September 05, 2006 - Newcastle Knights

KNIGHTS v RAIDERS
EnergyAustralia Stadium

6.00pm, Friday 8 September, 2006

Jersey Flegg
Coach: Rip Taylor

1. Sam Wooden

2. Akuila Uate

3. Stephen Gordon

4. Callan Richardson

5. Jonathon Wright

6. Scott Dureau

7. Luke Walsh

8. Tim Natusch

9. Terence Seu Seu (C)

10. Kade Snowden

11. Cory Patterson

12. Jacob Ling

13. Jon Tupou

Interchange:

14. Simon Allen

15. Hanan Laban

16. Larry Taufua

17. Warren Schillings

18. Hayden Jeans

19. Mat Cooper

20. Lucus Miller

21. Mitch Bowe

Roopy, how does the interchange work in JF?

knights9

Juniors
cram said:
http://www.newcastleknights.com.au/absolutenm/templates/mediareleases.asp?articleid=958&zoneid=1

Jersey Flegg - Knights v Raiders

Tuesday, September 05, 2006 - Newcastle Knights

KNIGHTS v RAIDERS
EnergyAustralia Stadium

6.00pm, Friday 8 September, 2006

Jersey Flegg
Coach: Rip Taylor

1. Sam Wooden

2. Akuila Uate

3. Stephen Gordon

4. Callan Richardson

5. Jonathon Wright

6. Scott Dureau

7. Luke Walsh

8. Tim Natusch

9. Terence Seu Seu (C)

10. Kade Snowden

11. Cory Patterson

12. Jacob Ling

13. Jon Tupou

Interchange:

14. Simon Allen

15. Hanan Laban

16. Larry Taufua

17. Warren Schillings

18. Hayden Jeans

19. Mat Cooper

20. Lucus Miller

21. Mitch Bowe

Roopy, how does the interchange work in JF?

Thats a great team.

Ben

Bench
God that forward pack is monstrous. I just can't wait till they progress to first grade. Hopefully we don't lose to many either.

Jobdog

Live Update Team
That is a much better looking side than the one which was running around in the last month of the competition. Looks like just about the same team which went undefeated until the Parra match in round 17(I think)

roopy

Referee
I thought Paterson had played too much PL - but it is good he can play - the side has been down on form since he and Ling have been unavailable.

I think the most contentious position is number 5 - Wright has not been performing as well as he did in the early season, and Matt Cooper was one of our best against the RIP and is a quality player for sure.

All in all - Rip Taylor has got the best side on the park at the right time, and will have them fired up to put this baby to bed - the Knights by 50.