What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Flegg side v Wests

roopy

Referee
Sam Wooden
Aaron Hartmann
James McManus
Leigh Abel
Stephen Gordon
Brendan Hunt
Scott Dureau ©
Tim Natusch
Nathan Berry
Daniel Frize
Luke Grant
Hanan Laban
Matthew Jarrett
Interchange:

Larry Taufua
Brendan Hlad
Daniel Bates
Scott Perrin
Matthew Keating

The same side that played so well last week - but Natusch might be in a little doubt after being put on report during the game on the weekend.

roopy

Referee
We are currently a clear first on the table with no loses - while Wests are third last with only one win.
A big win will see us shoot clear of everyone else on for and against - as well as being two points clear on the table.

northey

First Grade
Aaron Hartmann and Nathan Berry are my faves out of that team.... i think yet again, we can get a win!!

roopy

Referee
The player I'm starting to think will do really well is Scott Perrin. He is only about 92 kg I think, but he was good enough to play some premier league at the end of last season and was about our best forward in Flegg towards the end of last season as well.
The flick pass he threw to set up a try last week was great work, and he has done a lot of that sort of pass this year.
With a bit more size he could really be a very hard working and skillful player in the seniors next year.

I'd like to see them give big Larry Taufua a start. He could really make some big inroads in the first 20-25 minutes, similar to the way Nathan Brown uses Jason Ryles.

I'd also like to see young Hanan Laban running wide more often. He's a big unit (surprised me last week... first time I've seen him play), and he has good leg speed for a guy of his size. He'd be hard for a centre to stop.

roopy

Referee
next knights half said:
gee i have heard heap about this taufau guy got any more info on him roopy
I believe he comes from a Rugby background - but was picked up by the Knights for last season after playing the year before for one of the real NRL junior teams, and he played the entire Ball season as a bench guy till nic Andriessen was injured just before the grandfinal - so his first starting game in Ball was the Grandfinal (which we won). He went on to play Flegg after the Ball season was over, and was starting prop before very long - and finished the season as starting prop in Flegg.
In the off season he trained with the seniors and he has been named on the bench for Premier League in a few games so far this season.
He is very big, but not fat, a bit like Civoneciva (Spell). He is a bit slow around the field, which is more obvious the lower the grade he is playing, because those little guys in Ball can be very nippy.
The other day he broke the line and showed he has a bit of speed when he can wind up by scoring from about 20 metres out.
I think he needs to work on getting a bit more mobile and a bit fitter and he could be anything. He is already big and strong enough to play firstgrade.

roopy

Referee
next knights half said:
thanks for that, similar to topou?
He is not the same type of forward as Tupou.
Tupou was always a guy with outstanding skills and strength - while Tuafua is just a big guy who loves to run at other big guys - and does it well.
I can't honestly recall ever seeing big Larry off load - but i've seen him bust right through the line several times, and i've seen a lot of guys not wanting to run at him a second time after they have been tackled by the big guy.
Tupou could always off load to someone in a gap after attracting a bunch of defenders.

roopy

Referee
A bad loss - and it was all down to Snowden having a vey halfhearted first half in defence. I lost count of the number of tackles he missed.
on the firsthalf effort, you would drop him from Flegg.
In the second half he scored a classic solo try where he ran half the length of the field swatting guys like flies and leaving bodies in his wake - and he set up another good try with a good off load - but the game was lost (by him) before he decided to have a go.

Swampy

Juniors
Yep and the the Fleggs best defensive player (played NSW u/17s last year)was left on the bench playing with his fingers on the bench.

Misanthrope

Staff member
It was a bit embarassing to watch, actually. To see such a classy team play so poorly was a bit underwhelming. There was a solid comeback in the second half, but it ultimately fell short.

A lot of the Flegg guys sat around us on the hill. Damien Frize, Sam Wooden, and two others I didn't recognise. Didn't seem to happy with some calls, but ultimately they just let Wests get too much of a lead.

antonius

Coach
I thought the firtst half was more a bunch of stars trying to do it individually to be honest. The had plenty of try scoring chances but forgot about passing the ball. The second half was a different story. They might have needed that wake up call. Your correct Roopy, Snowden was sloppy in defence, and made some poor decisions in attack as well.

Ben

Bench
do you reckon that his stint in first grade has jeopardised his form? i just think he got the start to early

Jedda

Juniors
Sounds like he was possibly sulking about being dropped down so many grades?

A young ego and perhaps an immature mental attitude.

Not intentionally knocking the guy, but perhaps a wake up call this early in a promising career might make a better player out of him in the long run :|

deedles

Juniors
does anyone know how aaron hartmann played?? i really wanted to go today, but being uni holidays no-one is around and my one friend who was gonna go with me piked this morning. i know aaron got players' player last week and from what i've heard over the last couple he's really developed in the off season. when i saw him the other week it looked like he'd lost a bit of weight since last year, but i don't know.

Latest posts