What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Flying Phil back for Bunnies Clash

Kris_man

Bench
Raider_Azz said:
bad things about this team:
Toots at 5/8
Considering he's our most in-form option for this position, why is that a bad thing?
i'm sure you've heard me ramble on about why i don't like toots as a 5/8? not only do i not like it, i hate it. i think it's stupid. there's simply no attacking advantages in having him there.
in short, he can't kick, and can't pass (ie, long passes. he's got a good offload obviously), making him incompatible to the 5/8 position, especially for a team like us who are in desperate need for a half option who can kick and pass, in other words, organize.
his game perfectly suits the lock position.

Bay56

First Grade
A great time of the year to try new combinations
Chalk & Mogg
Monaghan & Graham
Croker & Drew

Tyran Smith (useless)
Mark McLinden (our most potent attacker on the bench)
Gafa (how does judas deserve a place ahead of gaf)
Nathan Smith (isnt a try a game good enough for you)

Elliot you are a fool

azza

Juniors
Bay. One thing I will back Elliot on is McLinden on the bench. He (and Monas) should be on their knees thanking the lord that they aren't in PL. On form our most potent attacking weapon, yes, but at the moment, useless.

SOULS 04

Juniors
i really like this side.... its a shame it didnt happen earlier in the season though

i mean if the tigers win it doesnt matter anyways

so lets just hope they dont
GO THE KNIGHTS
THEN GO THJE RAIDERS!!!!!!!!

greeneyed

First Grade
Drew in halfback is ridiculous ......... and we should never have been in this situation if the coaches had worked out decent succession plans.

Kris_man

Bench
Let's face it: the only reason the teams looks better is the inclusion of Phil. I guess, too, some people are happy with Macca being on the bench.

Raider Azz

Bench
kris_man said:
Let's face it: the only reason the teams looks better is the inclusion of Phil. I guess, too, some people are happy with Macca being on the bench.
If that's the only reason you think the team looks better than you must be blind. The team looks better because
-Phil AND Mogg are back
-Wiki is back from suspension
-We have 2 first-grade quality backs in reserves (shows what depth we have to choose from)

etc. etc.

kris_man said:

Yep its great to see Phil back but

...thats still a terrible looking side.

Drew and Croker in the halves *cringe*...Tyran Smith..Troy Thompson..Joel Monaghan......and the bench looks pissweak. The only thing worse would be having Boogas in there and let's not count that out either. We're damn lucky we're playing Souths at home.

Elliot piss off.

lotm

Juniors
Drew in halfback is ridiculous
because ...
1. he performed well v. roosters?
2. carney may be injured (not included in pl side)?
3. macca's severely out of form?
4. we have no other first-grade quality half bar him, macca and carney?

elliot made the right choice, imo.

Latest posts