What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

FnF on hold for Royal Wedding

Wedding or Footy

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Danish

Referee
This is going to be even worse than the princess di funeral...

Willow, if you are serious about your push for a republic may I suggest pushing for a referendum to be held the day after this monstrosity takes over our televisions

skeepe

Immortal
Football was always going to take a backseat to this and so it should. Besides, it will be nice to see a culturally significant event on the television. If you want to watch football when it's on then go to the game. Or if you can't get to a game then go out to dinner with your family, go to the theatre, a concert or something. Pretty easy huh?

It's not a culturally significant event.

It's some rich, ugly wanker marrying a rich, ugly wanker

Nobody cares. Football is far more important to our day to day lives.

Bumble

First Grade
But I thought the anti-siphoning list was here to protect our interests?

Save our Sport indeed..

Cletus

First Grade
Every woman in Australia is going to watch it so I can't blame Nine for showing it. They are an amazing couple though, and so suited to each other *swoons*

alg_will_kate.jpg

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Danish said:
Willow, if you are serious about your push for a republic may I suggest pushing for a referendum to be held the day after this monstrosity takes over our televisions
Well taking the footy away is a great advertisement for the Republic.

The pro-monarchists will be laying low. Except for the cook of course.

chefman21

Juniors
How is watching a couple of pommy tossers getting married more important or relevant to Aussies than a game of NRL?

Muppet.

Do we still report to the Royal Family? Are we still part of the Commonwealth? You would be surprised how much political influence the Royal Family still has on this country. The Royal Family influences ALL Australians in some way. From the PM reporting to the GG, to messages from the UK to all the treaties we have signed and much much more. The NRL only influences those who support it. Pretty simple really.:roll::crazy:

You might not like them, but they still hold some level of power over our country and it's citizens. The fact that the Queen's face is plastered all over our currency is a daily reminder. The Royal Wedding matters, and until we are a republic it will always matter. If or when we become a republic any Royal Wedding will still be a culturally significant event, and will likely take priority over the NRL at least until our history is still forgotten.

Last edited:

Packy

Bench
Every woman in Australia is going to watch it so I can't blame Nine for showing it. They are an amazing couple though, and so suited to each other *swoons*

My missus cannot think of anything worse than sitting through this sh*t.

Play the footy on Friday night ya f**kheads. Put it on Go or Gem or whatever you call your sh*t and let me ignore this rich kids wedding.

Godz Illa

Coach
Do we still report to the Royal Family? Are we still part of the Commonwealth? You would be surprised how much political influence the Royal Family still has on this country. The Royal Family influences ALL Australians in some way. From the PM reporting to the GG, to messages from the UK to all the treaties we have signed and much much more. The NRL only influences those who support it. Pretty simple really.:roll::crazy:

You might not like them, but they still hold some level of power over our country and it's citizens. The fact that the Queen's face is plastered all over our currency is a daily reminder. The Royal Wedding matters, and until we are a republic it will always matter. If or when we become a republic any Royal Wedding will still be a culturally significant event, and will likely take priority over the NRL at least until our history is still forgotten.
God save this flaming queen

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member

the royal family is no longer relevant in today's society.. whilst the government have a reporting line thru GG to the RF, in reality it's a token figurehead...

if the queen decided tomorrow that all the commonwealth nations had to increase taxes by 2% to go straight to the RF, i highly doubt that it would be implemented anywhere.. even in england..

as for the currency, yes, she is on one side of our coins (which are becoming less and less relevant) but lets not forget, on the other side we have seen things such as sheep, boy scouts and even kangaroos..

the notion of a "royal" family is outdated...

celebrities are the new royalty nowadays...

Latest posts