What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Folau; drop him or keep him?

Drop him or keep him?

• Drop him

Votes: 71 81.6%
  • Keep him

Votes: 16 18.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Broncos93

Juniors
Drop him!
Bring Lote or Tate in. He was clearly devastated that he missed out on the Aus team, he'll be absolutely shattered if he gets dropped from QLD. Serves him right for chasing the big money, it'll remind him what he's missing out on.

Meth

Staff member
Yeah drop him and bring in Tuqiri who has always been a loyal servant of rugby league :sarcasm:

:clap:

Bring in Tate- even though my Warriors can't afford to spare him, he deserves to be there on form.

Joker's Wild

Coach
Drop his arse

These ship jumpers need to be shown that if they leave, RL will just replace them with someone else without skipping a beat.

Rep games are for loyal players and should be kept so

Nightward

Juniors
Re: Beetson. Even a stopped clock is right twice a day. I could care less about what he has said about other things; in this, he is dead on and I can only hope the rest of the QRL heirarchy listens.

Lote shouldn't be back in a Maroon jersey, either. He's at the end of his career, defected to Union, and there are other, younger, players coming through. We've lost Folau; time to bring on the new blood, not backpeddle like NSW.

BDR

First Grade
Didn't we play hunt when we knew he was leaving? I'm not 100% on the timing, but I seem to remember knowing it would be his last origin.

Pierced Soul

First Grade
Yeah drop him and bring in Tuqiri who has always been a loyal servant of rugby league :sarcasm:

the irnoy is lost on a lot of people..

Lote shouldn't be back in a Maroon jersey, either. He's at the end of his career, defected to Union, and there are other, younger, players coming through. We've lost Folau; time to bring on the new blood, not backpeddle like NSW.

if lote does his penance then i dont see it as bad him being back. but 12 games doesnt make up for what he did

Didn't we play hunt when we knew he was leaving? I'm not 100% on the timing, but I seem to remember knowing it would be his last origin.

highly suspected it would be his last but not confirmed. and no one knew he was going to AFL.

Players like Hunt and Gasnier waited till after the series to announce it, folau has been stupid to let it out in the middle.

I say drop him. i want players loyal to league being rewarded not someone who's going to code hop and give the other code publicity at out expense

Charlie124

First Grade
Play him, dropping him would be the opposite of showing loyalty, which is what QLD prides itself on. Israel has played well enough to be selected so he should remain in the team regardless of where he is going to be next season.

nqcowboy87

Bench
drop the greedy little(i mean well you know what i mean) bastard, signed with brisbane to be closer to his family now signs a million dollar a season contract with a game that hes never played before in his life. drop him from the broncos as well

analyst

Juniors
Fu*k some people are crazy,

I said before folau cant be half in and half out- if he is currently in the nrl then he needs to benifit from everything the nrl has to offer based on his form only just like everyone else, he should be picked for any rep footy backed on his "form only" right up until the day he leaves ,if he isnt performing then fair enough.

Basically tallis and the like have got to stop sulking, you cant punish the bloke because he is changing careers thats just life get over it- com'on people you wanna pick tate over folau even if folau is in better form just to punish folau? this isnt about tate being in better form is it?

you may as well hand cuff any player to their captain if they are thinking of a career change and keep them in the nrl despit their own interests because if they dont stay they will be punished'- what kind of immature stance is that?

nqcowboy87

Bench
Play him, dropping him would be the opposite of showing loyalty, which is what QLD prides itself on. Israel has played well enough to be selected so he should remain in the team regardless of where he is going to be next season.

what, origin is not only a reward for being in good form, but loyalty is a two way street, why should he be rewarded for moving onto another code that he has never played before for a million dollars a season, plus he isnt that special.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
decision because he and Hunt will never make it in AFL.
They willkill it, they are athletes playing against people with no skills.

They will earn lots of dollars and then come back.

Dazzat

First Grade
Play him ... I guarantee he'll be back quicker than you can say "fumble ball".

I played soccer rugby league as a kid (quite successfully) and tried two years of aussie rules when I was about 21 (same age as Falou) ... I could take big marks, kick 50+ metres and run 100 in 11+ seconds, but sucked at the sport because I didn't have the smarts. After two years I gave it up as a bad joke. Granted, I'm no Hunt or Falou, but unless they're prepared to play reserve grade or park football for some time, it ain't gunna work.

Shorty

Staff member
just read it slower. Im not sure what needs to be explained.
Charming.

No, it wouldn't be the opposite of loyalty, the opposite of loyalty is keeping a player who is turning his back on the game that features Origin, for money.

analyst

Juniors
what, origin is not only a reward for being in good form, but loyalty is a two way street, why should he be rewarded for moving onto another code that he has never played before for a million dollars a season, plus he isnt that special.

mate- would you be willing to compromise that which most would consider to be the most important factor in origin, that being "winning"- by droping a fit and inform folau for a 2nd choice player in terms of performance just becuase you want to punish a player or make an example out of him? I would question anyones loyalty and passion for their respective states if they were to put grudges or punishment before winning origin.

Last edited:

Latest posts