What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

FOLAU or LAWRENCE ?? Who is better?

Who would you prefer in your team??

• Israel FOLAU

Votes: 33 36.7%
  • Chris LAWRENCE

Votes: 57 63.3%

• Total voters

Balmain Bug

Juniors
Dudes,

who would you prefer in your team?

Israel FOLAU
Born 03/04/1989
190 cm tall. 97kg
Tries - 12

or

Chris LAWRENCE
Born 19/10/1988
183cm tall 90kg
Tries - 12

bjm8

Juniors
Trying not to be biased, but Lawrence has shown more of an all round game. Is defense hasnt been brilliant but the last 2 weeks Sheens has thrown him in to the forwards and he has held his own quite well. As for scoring tries, he can score from 100 mtr breaks, finish off farah/morris grubbers or just bust through the whole freaking team like he did vs melbourne. superstar.

Iafeta

Referee
I'd go Falou, he can kill you on the bomb as well as being put into the clear.

smeghead

Bench
Lawrence at this stage because of his versatility in positions.

Although I wouldn't mind a combination like

Lock: Tuiaki
Centre: Lawrence
Wing: Folau

Estoboy

Juniors
Valea said:
Aussie backline in a few years.

1. Greg Inglis
2. Israel Folau
3. Michael Jennings
4. Chris Lawrence
5. Jarryd Hayne

no mate, it won't be.

More like:

1. Berrigan
2. Rooney
3. Tonga
4. Hunt
5. Tate

bjm8

Juniors
Estoboy said:
no mate, it won't be.

More like:

1. Berrigan
2. Rooney
3. Tonga
4. Hunt
5. Tate

lol beat me to it!!!

The first one does look sweet though.

mxlegend99

Referee
I'd take Lawrence. I'm sure any good winger in the Storm backline could look great. He rarely has to work for his tries. Although that's not to say he is an excellent winger. His defence is great. He is brilliant at outleaping players for the high ball. Would easily fit into any backline and strengthen it.

Lawrence has had so many solo efforts, and just outright freakish runs that i'd take him ahead of Folau.

The Lucky State

Juniors
More like.

Hunt
Folau/Hayne
Gasnier
Hodges
Inglis

Hodges is still very young and so is Gasnier. Hunt will own the australian fullback spot for years. Also all these young players have a long way to go to match hodges and gasnier, why is anyone certain they will? Chances are they won't, thats the brutal reality of it.

Eddie.

Bench
Folou has not scored many of the sensational tries Chris Lawrence has scored.

Folou efforts have been from pretty close range. Lawrence has scored some freak tries.

JasonE

Bench
Having watched both players coming through the ranks over the past few years i have no hesitation in choosing Lawrence over Folau, Lawrence is just an outstanding player in almost every facet.
Even on last years Australian Schoolboys tour Folau was a bit suspect in defence and with his hands (although excellent at times) while Lawrence was safe and classy all the time.

The thing i like about both players is that they are both level headed and down to earth.

Balmain Bug

Juniors
JasonE said:
Having watched both players coming through the ranks over the past few years i have no hesitation in choosing Lawrence over Folau, Lawrence is just an outstanding player in almost every facet.
Even on last years Australian Schoolboys tour Folau was a bit suspect in defence and with his hands (although excellent at times) while Lawrence was safe and classy all the time.

The thing i like about both players is that they are both level headed and down to earth.

Those Australian schoolboy games from last year should be made available to the public on DVD. I was lucky to see a few of them, and I am sure lovers of Rugby League would lap it up.

Folau did not perform as well as Lawrence. Folau was pretty nervous but it was nervous energy and it has put him in good stead.

Folau trains with the best AFL trainers in regarsd to ball catching etc and I'm sure both guys will SHOULD be rep players very very soon.

Y2Eel

First Grade
Lawrence is a good player but Folau will be in representative teams before him...

Lawrance may play for NSW who knows...