What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

FOLAU or LAWRENCE ?? Who is better?

Who would you prefer in your team??

• Israel FOLAU

Votes: 33 36.7%
  • Chris LAWRENCE

Votes: 57 63.3%

• Total voters

Dutchy

Immortal
Lawrence is a better all round player, all Falou has over him is height and weight.

dragonfire

Bench
Lawrence for me, as someone pointed out Folau is on the end of the best drilled team in the league and has proved to be a great finisher who definitely has some good skills but Lawrence has definitely shown a much more rounded game and has shown the ability to score individual tries

Special K

Coach
Lawrence seems to create more where as Folau seems to be the beneficiary of the people around him and is a great finisher.

I'd take Lawrence for a game tomorrow. Long term I don't know, probably Lawrence again due to the amount of positions he can play.

Dragonwest

Juniors
Id take Josh Morris over Folou any day of the week if your trying to compare 'similar' players. Saves 1 or 2 tries a week and would be close to top try scorer if you put him on the outside of a decent backline like melbourne.

philstorm

Juniors
Bit unfair to judge Folau in only his first year compared to Lawrence's second.

If people remember back to Lawrence's first year, he was absolutely murdered by Inglis when we played the Tigers to the extent that Sheens made him swap sides and defend on the opposite side.

Based on their achievements in their first year - Folau.

Danos

Juniors
philstorm said:
Bit unfair to judge Folau in only his first year compared to Lawrence's second.

If people remember back to Lawrence's first year, he was absolutely murdered by Inglis when we played the Tigers to the extent that Sheens made him swap sides and defend on the opposite side.

Based on their achievements in their first year - Folau.

Chris Lawrence was still in high school last year, played flegg at the beginning of the season.. and only had what, 2 training sessions with the FG team before his debut.

Israel had an entire off season training with the FG squad and played in the trials with Melbourne before making his debut in round 1. And didnt he also play in the trials in 2006?

So yes, its very hard to compare their first seasons. Lawrence had far less preperation coming into grade.

But at this point in time, they are the same age, played almost the same amount of games in the top grade and I think lawrence has shown more.

philstorm

Juniors
Danos said:
Chris Lawrence was still in high school last year, played flegg at the beginning of the season.. and only had what, 2 training sessions with the FG team before his debut.

Your point? He's still had a year more in the system than Izzie.

Danos said:
Israel had an entire off season training with the FG squad and played in the trials with Melbourne before making his debut in round 1. And didnt he also play in the trials in 2006?

Firstly, played a single trial last year in a game where the Storm fielded their young players in a match vs Parramatta to gauge where they were at. Secondly, he also attended school last year before training with us in December last year (after returning from his schoolboys tour).

Danos said:
So yes, its very hard to compare their first seasons. Lawrence had far less preperation coming into grade.

And you know that for a fact how again?

Danos said:
But at this point in time, they are the same age, played almost the same amount of games in the top grade and I think lawrence has shown more.

Try again.

Despite all you may say, Lawrence has had two pre-seasons at the top flight. With last year being Folau's first, we'll see how he fares in his second season, like Lawrence.

CliffyIsGod

First Grade
Dragonwest said:
Id take Josh Morris over Folou any day of the week if your trying to compare 'similar' players. Saves 1 or 2 tries a week and would be close to top try scorer if you put him on the outside of a decent backline like melbourne.

This is about Folou and Lawrence. DOn't enter the thread and say you prefer some slow Dragons winger over these two players. Morris is not part of this thread.

Falou catches the ball and falls over the line. End of. Fitzhenry would have scored 90% of Falou's tries. The longest he's gone is about 20m

Danos

Juniors
philstorm said:
Your point? He's still had a year more in the system than Izzie.

Firstly, played a single trial last year in a game where the Storm fielded their young players in a match vs Parramatta to gauge where they were at. Secondly, he also attended school last year before training with us in December last year (after returning from his schoolboys tour).

And you know that for a fact how again?

Try again.

Despite all you may say, Lawrence has had two pre-seasons at the top flight. With last year being Folau's first, we'll see how he fares in his second season, like Lawrence.

One pre-season mate.. this season.

Like I said, last year he played against Brisbane after having only two training sessions with the FG team.

Big Pete

Referee
Lawrence easily from what I've seen.

While Folau looks great under the bomb and looks to be a great finisher, Lawrence seems much more threatening anywhere on the field.

macavity

Referee
Lawrence - I would love him in my team, I think he will be the best centre in the NRL in 2-3 years.

Glenn

First Grade
Based on the first year only, Folau.

As for where there games are atm Lawrence.

kooriguy

Juniors
lol at the people thinking the backline will be anything but.
1.hunt
2.hayne
3.gasnier
4.hodges
5.inglis
although the backup one looks just as sweet in case of injury and extremely poor form.
1.stewert/bowen
2.folau
3.jennings
4.lawrence
5.slater