What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fone Zone Sponsorship

hrundi99

First Grade
aussies1st said:
Any news if the new jersey will be any different in colours? Or is it just the collar and sponsor that is changing.

The jersey design has once again been done by Antonio.

It's mainly red and white, and it has a drawing of a cedar tree in the middle where the sponsor logo would normally go.

The reconciliation jersey may have missed the mark, but I'm positive that the new "Red, White and Cedar machine" kit will be a big seller, especially with the single Lebanese family currently residing in Canberra.

Given my inside track within rugby league, I already know that our new sponsor for 2006 will be "Ahmed and Fatima's Cedars", a nice little "Mom and Pop" cedar stand on the coast road between Beirut and Tripoli.

Hence Tonio's recent trip on behalf of the Raiders to finalise the small print and get the signatures (in blood) on the contract. Given our lack of FTA coverage (especially in the mother country), the size of the contract had to be reduced.

Essentially, the deal is for half a dozen cedar trees for Canberra (to replace those precious trees being removed for the new highway) and a year's supply of tabbouleh for Canberra Stadium.

The club believes that the partnership will attract a new target market to games, though they also stated that security will be upgraded. This will largely involve the ushering staff at both gates asking spectators whether or not they are carrying any fireworks, bombs or other forms of explosive. If the spectator says no, they will be allowed in.

thankuvm.gif
http://muttaqun.com/arabic/audio/shokrangaz.au

jed

First Grade
And it's now being discussed here, GE.

No-one knows for sure what the jersey will be, what the design will be, even for certain if it'll be for the entire season, or simply for a one-off game (as we did against Parramatta in 2002 and Manly in 2004). It's understood that it's to commemorate our 25th season. The assumption from it being a collarless jersey is that it's a V-neck (as we used to have in days of old), but considering the club hasn't actually said anything official, it's all heresay and speculation at this stage.

hrundi99

First Grade
jed said:

No-one knows for sure what the jersey will be, what the design will be, even for certain if it'll be for the entire season, or simply for a one-off game (as we did against Parramatta in 2002 and Manly in 2004). It's understood that it's to commemorate our 25th season. The assumption from it being a collarless jersey is that it's a V-neck (as we used to have in days of old), but considering the club hasn't actually said anything official, it's all heresay and speculation at this stage.

Jed, please see above for clarification.

greeneyed

First Grade
jed said:

I see that..... but I am left scared about discussing it here, given that thing at the end of hrundi's post.

edabomb

First Grade
I won't bother buying if its collarless. Why don't I just go buy an AFL singlet and not leave any doubt about my sexuality.*sarcasticly* :lol:

thickos

First Grade
Hrundi... post of the year! Someone email the link of this thread to tonio :lol:

I'm holding out hope that it will be a v-neck... I could live with that. I think it is a return to something similar to our original jersey... horizontal stripes rather than vertical. Don't worry though, no puma disaster is on the cards.

Maybe it is only for next year?

I would have liked a 25th anniversary logo instead, maybe both of our logos in a '1982-2006' crest or something like that, now that would be tops :)

TiTTieS_[CNTDN]

Juniors
thickos said:
Don't worry though, no puma disaster is on the cards.

It was a great design, thickos. And, no, I am not on any drugs :)

thickos said:
I would have liked a 25th anniversary logo instead, maybe both of our logos in a '1982-2006' crest or something like that, now that would be tops :)
Maybe if it was on the sleave like the tigpies is. I just think two pics in the one emblem is too much.

TiTTieS_[CNTDN]

Juniors
Macko8 said:
video ezy will be back on board after all these years,

I was going to mention that but forgot. Video Ezy would be good and it would be good for them as there is a bigger market there than milk I believe???

woodgers

Bench
No, get Woodgers back. I think it was a security company...or was that Wormald? I don't even know what Woodgers is but it sounded good in August 2003.

thickos

First Grade
It's a cigarette company :lol:

I'm not sure if you were taking the piss mate, I'm struggling :oops: