What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fooball (soccer) manager games

steven_tiger

Juniors
anyone else into these?

i have football manager 2005 and i'm hooked.

i am tottenham, the year is 2008, and have this side:

robinho defoe
jenas
gasbarroni eagles
flamini
bridge king dawson stalteri
buffon

thats the starting side... i have guys like mido, spector, rossi, carrick, davenport, lennon, reid, ricketts and dorsin on the bench.

i finished 3rd in the premier league in 2007/08, so i am now in the champions league. i am top of my group at this stage.

however, in the premier league i cannot buy a win!

play 6, won 1, drawn 2 lost 3 and am sitting in lowly 16th position. man unitied just gave me a 6-0 touch-up at old trafford!

im in big strife!

skeepe

Immortal
football manager doesn't do it for me... I still go back and play the old Champ Manager 01/02 which is a far superior game.

Phillips

Referee
ive got football manager 2005, and at one stage was up to the season 2014/2015 with Arsenal won the premier league 6 or 7 times plus 20+ trophies, however my saved game wouldnt load :cry:

took me months before i even started a new game

im with Arsenal again half way through season 2009/2010, coming 4th

13 points behind leaders Liverpool, having a shocker of a season and was nearly sacked untill i gained some momentum and the beast (Baptista) started finding the back of the net

my side is

-----------------------------------Thierry Henry----Valeri Bojinov-----------------------------------

------Jose Antonio Reyes----Francesc Fabregas----Julio Baptista------Aliaksandr Hleb----

---------------Ashley Cole----Philippe Senderos----Sol Campbell----Kolo Toure--------------

-----------------------------------------------Silvio Proto-----------------------------------------------

Subs

Jens Lehmann, Emmanuel Eboue, Alexandre Song, Gilberto Silva, Mathieu Flamini, Fabrice Muamba, Fredrik Ljungberg, Robin van Persie, Arturo Lupoli

trying to bring in Andreas Isaksson & Fernando Torres

Im also coach of the England team, my usual lineup is

------------------------------------Wayne Rooney----Peter Crouch------------------------------

-------------------------------------------Shaun Wright Phillips-------------------------------------

-----------------------Frank Lampard----Scott Parker------Steven Gerrad--------------------

-------------------Ashley Cole----Ledley King----John Terry----Gareth Barry-----------------

-----------------------------------------------Robert Green-------------------------------------------

Subs

Paul Robinson, Steven Taylor, Wayne Bridge, Kevin Nolan, David Prutton, Jermaine Pennant, Stewart Downing, Joe Cole, Jermaine Defoe

skeepe

Immortal
Went through to 2025 with Liverpool way back on Champ Man 99/00... got a bit bored of it after winning 9 trebles in a row. (Premiership, FA Cup, Champs League... that pesky League Cup was far too elusive!)

champ manager 01.02 was the best, i went through 10 seasons in a row winning the bundesliga with bayern and made the champions league final 5 times and won once and played all italian teams and never EVER beat roma the bastards

I haven't played Football Manager 2005 because my computer is now too slow. But still love the old CM games, think I have CM 2 96/97 as the first one up until CM 4 something.

I think last time I took Smerkinhorpe (love the Scunners) from third to second, then took Stoke to the premier league.
What's FM 2005 like anyway? or CM 5?

skeepe

Immortal
CM 5... have no idea. It's not made by the same people who made the rest of the CM series... they went on to make Football Manager. For me, however, I just can't get into FM. I couldn't get into CM4 either come to that, and FM, for all its glitz and glamour, just doesn't do it for me. It seems to have taken a lot of the fun out of things, I liked the crazy transfer activity before the real world messed things up with the new transfer regulations.

steven_tiger

Juniors
i am please to say my season is back on track and i am on a 9 game winning streak :D

am now 5th in the premier league, undefeated in the champions league and knocked arsenal (who are first in the p.l) out of one of the cups :D

Hoggy

Bench
I'm as West Ham, finished 16th after first season but I won the league cup.

CEO won't give me any cash though. :(

SP

Bench
Ive started a new season in Football Manager 2005, with the English Premier/Championship and the A-League leagues.

Before that i was in the 2021 season with West Brom, after a successful start with Liverpool, won the premiership 8 seasons (not in a row, most in a row was 3), won the Champions league 5 times and the world club championship 5 times aswell, and mainly fought off Arsenal for the premiership titles, with Newcastle being the only different winners.

But with discipline i have this system where if a player gets a red card, i give them a warning, after 2 warnings, i fine them a weeks wage, then 2 weeks for every red card afterwards. but the liverpool board got sick of me and got rid of me. So i decided to take the West Brom position. they were fighting relegation and i took them to 5th spot in the league. But i saved the wrong game onto it and overwrote it

MONY

Juniors
i have lma manager 2005 and i am AC Milan

GK:Isaakson
LB: Montero
CB: Nesta
CB: Stam
RB: Van Den Borre
LM: Rosicky
DM: Appiah
RM: Joaquin
AM: Kaka
LF: Shevchenko
RF: Ronaldo

Bench: Kompany, Metzelder, Baraja, Julio Baptista, Robinho

skeepe

Immortal
Since everyone seems to love posting team lists, my Liverpool side from 2025 (not that many of the players were real anymore)

GK: Neil Roberts (ENG International)
DMR: Mark Richards (AUS International)
DML: Ryan Hartson (WAL International)
DC: Titus Bramble (ENG International and bloody old bugger!)
DC: Fernando Pedro (PAR International)
DC: John Flanagan (ENG International)
MC: Nathan McDonald (ENG International)
MC: Bob Corcoran (ENG International)
AMC: Ivan Papadopoulous (AUS International)
FC: Javier Saviola (ARG International)
FC: Mark Fisher (ENG International)

Pretty pleased with that team I have to say. I was amazed that some of the players played on until 39-40 to be honest, but they were still in pretty good form. Interestingly, my coaches were Christian Vieri, Roy Keane, Brett Emerton, Vincent Candela and Fabien Barthez. Great pedigree.

Rustay

Juniors
Has anyone got or played FM 2006. Read alot of reviews on it and everyone says its the shizzy. I havent played CM since the 01/02 game, mind, but was thinking of getting another version.

Is FM2006 any better than 2005? Cos i will be able to get 2005 on the cheap now, so if all it requires is a few data updates then that could be the go.

Also, how many leagues do you guys play on before is seriously starts to lag?

SP

Bench
i got FM 2006 yesterday and its defintly better than 2005

one of the good features is the half time team talks, where you can basically tell your team that they are playing crap, and they usually improve during the second half. Or if they played well you tell them that

Corbin

Juniors
im still playing 05, with a all updated A league, 06 is a bit out of my price range atm.

morri (cWo)

First Grade
spoke to a mate today that has 06. he said it was much better than 05. im thinking about getting it.

Latest posts