What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Footballers- Why Do We Let Them Play By Different Rules?

sneagle

Juniors
Magnay was mentioned ........ that pretty much sums up the credibility of the article,,
So i guess now we all know that females have NO responsibility in regards to one night stands...
As someone posted before SELF CONTROL has to go both ways - we want equal rights how about equal responsibilty.....

Pete Cash

Post Whore
And if both parties are heavily intoxicated by alcohol or drugs? Regardless of sketchy memories by both parties the next day, the burden of responsibility always seems to fall on the male.

The burden of responsibility falls upon the person who is seeking consent.

topKing

ive been confronted by this issue a few times, when I go to the cross theres always a few groupies hanging off me. ive found the solution is to get signed consent forms, co-signed by a witness (usually the guy on the other end.) that way when they come back at me looking for some sort of financial retrubution i can get the claim easily dismissed.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Here's an idea girls:
1. Don't get off your face on booze
2. Don't get off your face on drugs
3. Don't go back to a footy players bedroom unless you are planning to shag them
4. Take some responsibility for your life

Seriously don't dad's teach girls anything these days?

ive been confronted by this issue a few times, when I go to the cross theres always a few groupies hanging off me. ive found the solution is to get signed consent forms, co-signed by a witness (usually the guy on the other end.) that way when they come back at me looking for some sort of financial retrubution i can get the claim easily dismissed.

This is actually to do with women. It's good that you get to live the dream and spit roast the odd fella with your mate, but that's hardly relevant here.

Parra

Referee
Oh look, another sexist rant about how it's 100% the man's fault. :roll:

And yes, that is how it comes across StormChaser, and you know it.

The men are (rightly) blamed for doing these despicable things, the women (also rightly) cop some flack for putting themselves in that position - dangling themselves like carrots in some cases, and now they deflect back on the men because they dared be talented or rich... FMD...

All it looks like to me is that (some, not all) women don't seem to want to take responsibility for acting the way they do, and that it's easier to blame the bloke 100% when in effect, they've gone a long way to putting themselves there.

And how about this time trying a thought-out response that doesn't rely on your overly-verbose caveman rhetoric that you spit every time someone dares disagree with you on this matter?

Class act Timmah.

"If you take out uncovered meat and place it outside on the street, or in the garden or in the park, or in the backyard without a cover, and the cats come and eat it ... whose fault is it, the cats' or the uncovered meat? The uncovered meat is the problem. If she was in her room, in her home, in her hijab, no problem would have occurred."

The rules seem to be reversing.

I'm all for Footballers/ex-Footballers of every code having to live by the rules we all live by, but I don't see why they should be held to higher standards than the rest of us.

For example, a married bloke I used to work with bragged to me once about being part of a gang bang. I was his boss at the time.

I didn't sack him or ask for his resignation as it isn't illegal to be part of a gang bang and it had no effect on his work, others than grossing his boss out a bit.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Class act Timmah.

"If you take out uncovered meat and place it outside on the street, or in the garden or in the park, or in the backyard without a cover, and the cats come and eat it ... whose fault is it, the cats' or the uncovered meat? The uncovered meat is the problem. If she was in her room, in her home, in her hijab, no problem would have occurred."
Way to take it to the extreme. :thumb

coolumsharkie

Referee
090617_footballers.jpg

You're a f**king disgrace Marie Claire magazine, almost as much as men who rape women.

AFAIC, the big red letters say it all.

She should STFU.

StormChaser

First Grade
Oh look, another sexist rant about how it's 100% the man's fault. :roll:

And yes, that is how it comes across StormChaser, and you know it.

The men are (rightly) blamed for doing these despicable things, the women (also rightly) cop some flack for putting themselves in that position - dangling themselves like carrots in some cases, and now they deflect back on the men because they dared be talented or rich... FMD...

All it looks like to me is that (some, not all) women don't seem to want to take responsibility for acting the way they do, and that it's easier to blame the bloke 100% when in effect, they've gone a long way to putting themselves there.

And how about this time trying a thought-out response that doesn't rely on your overly-verbose caveman rhetoric that you spit every time someone dares disagree with you on this matter?

And please SC, let it be said I don't condone the graphic situation portrayed in the second paragraph for even half a second - so don't go there.

Woah! Timmothay! Get off your soapbox mate it's groaning under the strain! Firstly, I just posted this article for everyone to peruse, I didn't make even one comment, either way and you jump straight down my throat and harrang me for things I haven't even uttered yet. Defensive much?

Secondly, I read the WHOLE article and it was completely one sided and a real hatchet job. Clearly just a chick mag, jumping on the bandwagon without presenting both sides or being a balanced article. Charmayne Palavi is yet again interviewed as she's the spokeswoman for groupies the world over apparently, and she claims she was raped not once, but TWICE by prominent NRL players.
She doesn't name names, has never made a complaint, and I thought that was highly unfair because if true, she just tarnished the whole NRL with the same brush.
So shaddap Timmothay and stop assuming!

Here's an idea girls:
1. Don't get off your face on booze
2. Don't get off your face on drugs
3. Don't go back to a footy players bedroom unless you are planning to shag them
4. Take some responsibility for your life

Seriously don't dad's teach girls anything these days?

100% agree, but let it also be stated that this problem would cease to exist if said footballers learned to say NO and walk away from groupies. Keep it in your bloody pants guys AND girls, and no drama's will ensue.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
:clap: 100% agree, and apologies for jumping the gun. Well said SC ;-)

Surely

Post Whore
They would have sold more copies if they had a sealed section with naked players in it.

adamkungl

Immortal

Pierced Soul

First Grade
For example, a married bloke I used to work with bragged to me once about being part of a gang bang. I was his boss at the time.

I didn't sack him or ask for his resignation as it isn't illegal to be part of a gang bang and it had no effect on his work, others than grossing his boss out a bit.

good thing he wasnt a league player....

i'm all for castrating sexual predators and men who forcibly rape women but the feminazi's need to start getting women responsible for thier own actions as well. if the girls dont become groupies and chase athletes/rock stars/ whatever other group, they cut down the possibility of ending up in situations they're not comfortable with

Latest posts