What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Footballers- Why Do We Let Them Play By Different Rules?

Perth Red

Post Whore
Have to agree, if you put yourself in a situation where you know there will be a very likely outcome then you have to take a great deal of personal responsibility for what eventuates. Of course everyone has the right to say no and that right should be totally accepted, but if you are too pished or drugged up to say yes and you have jumped into a strangers bed then take a good long hard look in the mirror I say!

Parra

Referee
All I am saying is that it goes both ways.

The girl has put herself in a situation where something bad can eventuate.

The bloke has put himself in a situation where something bad can eventuate.

Meanwhile we have degrading terms being used to describe the women in these situations, and I'm described as being on a high-horse. The judgement in this thread is all one-way - and to be in a situation to be looking down on the behaviour of women in these situations shows that you have an elevated opinion of yourself in the first place.

ibeme

First Grade
The judgement in this thread is all one-way - and to be in a situation to be looking down on the behaviour of women in these situations shows that you have an elevated opinion of yourself in the first place.

No it's not. Most people on here are simply stating that the bloke shouldn't have to carry all of the burden of responsibility when both parties are are as pissed as each other, unless of course force is used. The fact that you interpret that as "The judgement in this thread is all one-way" shows that it is perhaps you who lacks objectivity in this argument.

People are asking where is the female's burden of responsibility. It seems that they don't have any. And you said it yourself, both have placed themselves in a position where something can go wrong. Yet this article never seems to take that view.

The guy is instantly the villain, and the female is instantly the victim.

Parra

Referee
No it's not. Most people on here are simply stating that the bloke shouldn't have to carry all of the burden of responsibility when both parties are are as pissed as each other, unless of course force is used. The fact that you interpret that as "The judgement in this thread is all one-way" shows that it is perhaps you who lacks objectivity in this argument.

People are asking where is the female's burden of responsibility. It seems that they don't have any. And you said it yourself, both have placed themselves in a position where something can go wrong. Yet this article never seems to take that view.

The guy is instantly the villain, and the female is instantly the victim.

What a lot of horsesh*t. These sort of situations f**k up woman's reputations, self esteem and lives much more than the blokes involved. In most cases the guys don't give it a second thought.

t-ba

Post Whore
What a lot of horsesh*t. These sort of situations f**k up woman's reputations, self esteem and lives much more than the blokes involved. In most cases the guys don't give it a second thought.

Oh please.

If it's so damaging for a woman, then why do they put themselves in a position where it can eventuate?

You can't shift the responsibility completely on the male. Short of rape, it takes two to tango.

Scarves

Juniors
I just hope this idealism starts infecting other sports.... I know a guy who's planning on becoming a Netball Groupie. He reckons he'll have his research downpat by August and he's actually looking forward to the whole snort coke, free shots, afterparty hotel rooms before the lad becomes a player in a FFFM gang bang. I've warned him about the psychological side effects that he may encounter in the future but alas, he's single minded and I'm pushing the brown stuff up hill, my only hope now is an article in an arty Mens mag identifying the key issues and debating them with balance and perspective.

adamkungl

Immortal
I think it is a "harsh" law because the person seeking consent is treated as if they are stone cold sober legally but it is a change for the better.

The old consent laws were kind of messy and trials would just descend into farces debating what consent was. Now consent is quite clearly defined. That it must be given freely and voluntarily and the obligation then goes upon the person seeking consent.

I don't see why thats so hard. Just don't f**k girls who are so drunk or drugged they cannot give consent. We aren't talking a couple of beers here.

So at what point does a drunk woman become so drunk that her consent becomes meaningless if she decides to change her mind when she wakes up the next day?

Loudstrat

Coach
When did I ever say women shouldn't have responsibility? Of course they should. But ur argument is hovering dangerously close to the archaic attitude like 'she was wearin a short skirt, she deserved it'
I gave you more credit for intelligence that you have if you are serious about the above comment.

Gils who wear a short skirt are doing nothing wrong.

Girls like this one had about 7 points where they had the choice to go further down the line of 'lets get it on' or not. So you are saying it's perfectly reasonable for a girl to abandon self control and responsibility and put themselves in a position where they no only agree to hop into a mans bed, but also suggesting that she wants to screw him - and then claim no responsibility?

Like he's drunk - it's all his fault. She's drunk, cannot be held responsible.

Kiki - that is classic femenazi.

Loudy most women are raped by someone they know or have met in a situation like the one described. It's not the big bad scary rapist lurking in an alleyway.
Consider this womans story to the one portrayed in Once Were Warriors by the character Gracie.

You cannot see any difference? FFS!!!

And btw b4 any of u start calling me a feminazi or whatever lame insult u can come up with, I actually think this article is a total stitch up and it pains me to see the game I love being dragged through the mud like this.

Then stop sticking up for it, and stop the hypocracy. Either it's a stitch up, or it's rape.

Do you consider the blokes involved 'stupid trollops'.

If these women deserved what they got then doesn't the same argument hold true for the blokes? They deserve the treatment they get as well? If you change your perspective then the argument seems spurious. Or maybe these women didn't deserve unwanted sexual activity and the blokes don't deserve to have their private lives dragged through the media?

Dickwad - have a read of the story of the trollop in Marie Claire. At each stage the male 'invites' her into the next phase of activity. SHE therefore has control of the situation. If she- at any stage - told the male 'no', it would not have gotten further.

But yeah, all the blokes fault. You must be either a virgin, or very nervous during seduction.

Kiki

First Grade
what in the f**k does once were warriors have to do with this?

trying to talk about these issues on LU is like bashing my head against the wall. i should know better. i give up.

ozjet1

You have just described the end game for 90% of men who go out in the city for a good time. just because they were fit and good looking and footballers makes it all that much more terrible. Time for the thermadorians.

that's it.

the media have beat this up to be a rugby league problem.

its the f**king drive of the male species! it doesnt matter what animal it is, the male is continually on the quest for sex. a woman who doesnt understand this most basic instinct is a f**king fool. yeah, yeah, they're great guys.....buying us drinks, great dancing, lots of laughs.........sure let's go back to their place for more of the same. naive much?

doesnt matter if a guy's gay or straight, their urge is the same. we dont hear much of gay rape......surprise, surprise.

women have a different drive......they want to give life, and then they're protective of their young thereafter, just like any other freakin animal. how many here have come across mothers who are devoid of any awareness - to the point of being absolutely rude to anyone else - apart from their child. yet, i understand that these rude bitches i encounter everywhere are simply operating on their basic female instinct.

now, im not condoning sexual assault or rape. obviously, the majority of humans should be able to think before they give in to any urge. but how many blokes here have thought that they were in like flynn when a woman they've met just hours earlier has agreed to come back to their joint. what message does this behaviour in any woman send to the bloke? dahhhh!

im f**ken over women in editorial positions within the media turning this issue around to be a male problem.....or specifically these days, a footballer problem.

Last edited:

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member

trying to talk about these issues on LU is like bashing my head against the wall. i should know better. i give up.
Yes, because of one narrow minded idiot in Loudstrat, the whole of LU should be tarred with one brush. Get real. :roll:

Kiki

First Grade
timmah im not talking about loudy, im speaking from experience from discussing these issues on LU since the start ot the season.

women have a different drive......they want to give life, and then they're protective of their young thereafter, just like any other freakin animal.

they want to give life??? oh man. this is so patronising ozjet.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
What, it's like bashing your head against a brick wall because people don't agree with you? It's a forum, not a blog. Everyone has the right of reply, no matter how dense or stupid they are.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OChAf-zvMSQ

Yo Dre man, I take this bitch out to the movies and sh*t
Man we're kissin' and grindin' and sh*t, so we hop in the back seat
You know man, this bitch rubbin' all over my dick
and frontin' like she's gonna give me the pussy
Man, and the bitch said 3 words, man: STOP, NO, and DON'T [oh sh*t]
I said BIIIITTTTTTCCHH ...

Loudstrat

Coach
We were discussing rape. It's a rape scene and a social comment on it. Have you seen the movie?

Gracie is 13 and in a disfunctional family. One night she gets raped by one of her father's friends while everyone else is in a drunken stupor downstairs. The rapist says 'It's our little secret' and warns of what her violent father would do if he found out. She carries the burden alone, and eventually commits suicide.

I mentioned it as an example of the classic rape where the victim is utterly powerless and without blame, and to exemplify the damage done to her psychological state. I think this is the situation which makes rape abhorrent in society.

And it's so different from the Marie Claire scenario.

Latest posts