What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Footy IQ

eel01s

Bench
Everyone is talking about the lack of Footy IQ in the Football Club. How we need a Gus Gould or Frank Ponnisi (not the West version) to build the footy program to the best it can.

So, who does the Board target?

Given his recent history with us, I would be consulting Bernie Gurr for his opinion on who the best operators are. As we know, Gurr lives in the US so won't be available to take a role.
However whilst he was here I felt the club was being run properly, and importantly, strategically. I think his advice could be trusted.

I know Brian Smith has been mentioned a lot here, but I feel he would provide better value as Head of Junior Development and Pathways. We also need a Head of Football, someone who hires and fires coaches and manages the salary cap.

Gronk

Staff member
I'm just here waiting for all the people who think that they have it.

giphy.gif

King-Gutho94

Coach
What exactly is Footy IQ?
Well I would have thought organising a team bus to the GF getting that team bonding experience and spirit flowing ahead of the big game is Footy IQ 101

Clearly no one at the club thought of it and made the players drive to the game.

No wonder they were mentally spent upon kickoff dodging cars and traffic on the way to Olympic Park after playing in Townsville.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Well I would have thought organising a team bus to the GF getting that team bonding experience and spirit flowing ahead of the big game is Footy IQ 101

Clearly no one at the club thought of it and made the players drive to the game.

No wonder they were mentally spent upon kickoff dodging cars and traffic on the way to Olympic Park after playing in Townsville.
So moving a rope and stealing a bag aren't footy IQ???

JokerEel

Coach
There are plenty of Ex footy players with footy IQ and can string a Sentence together that would be better than what we have now.

Latest posts