What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Footy show in QLD

Quigs

Immortal
nqboy said:
AFL or The Footy Show - your'e screwed either way :?

nqboy, I am with you 120%

Maybe we can get re-runs of Gilligans Island and my favorite Martian and slot all those old crap shows before the AFL and the High School Pantomime called the Footy Show, and push em both back a few more hours.

Then the poor old insomniacs might have a chance at getting some sleep.

But I'd say I am doing an injustice to Gilligan and the Martian.

Cheers
Quigs

Sea_Eagles_Rock

First Grade
Quigs said:
nqboy said:
AFL or The Footy Show - your'e screwed either way :?

nqboy, I am with you 120%

Maybe we can get re-runs of Gilligans Island and my favorite Martian and slot all those old crap shows before the AFL and the High School Pantomime called the Footy Show, and push em both back a few more hours.

Then the poor old insomniacs might have a chance at getting some sleep.

But I'd say I am doing an injustice to Gilligan and the Martian.

Cheers
Quigs

Or maybe they can show the Jets PL game last week? Sure to provide entertainment.

Quigs

Immortal
one win doesn't maketh a season Eagle.

I am not holding my breath and I suggest that you don't. September is a long long way away.

Anyhow have a good one.

Cheers
Quigs

Quigs

Immortal
Sea_Eagles_Rock said:
Just stirring you up a bit after you posted in the Manly. It's only PL after all. :lol:

For a Manly bloke you're okay. I don't care what the others say.

Do you remember the good old days when we used to be able to watch third, reserve then first grade. Now that was a day at the footie.

Times change. Sport is business, bussines is sport.

But my sentiments about the ridiculous footy show and the kick and catch do remain the same. thank the lords of marital bliss I am a two TV family.

Cheers
Quigs

Sea_Eagles_Rock

First Grade
For sure. Your ok for a Jets fan despite what everyone says about you too. :lol:

Yeah I remember the good ol' days. Grand final day was a day. And a full day of footy too. Sadly the opportunity to see the up and comers of the competition has gone.

Just like the old Commonwealth Bank cup games early in the morning that often ended in a bit of a fight.

Quigs

Immortal
Sea_Eagles_Rock said:
For sure. Your ok for a Jets fan despite what everyone says about you too. :lol:

Yeah I remember the good ol' days. Grand final day was a day. And a full day of footy too. Sadly the opportunity to see the up and comers of the competition has gone.

Just like the old Commonwealth Bank cup games early in the morning that often ended in a bit of a fight.

over excited youthfull exhuburence......... which bank

Cheers
Quigs

Nuke

Staff member
I remember those days. We used to get them here in Perth too (at least for a year or 2 ... I was only about 12 or 13 when it stopped, so I don't know how many years they did this over here). All the lower grade games - one after the other, all the build-up to the main game, all the pre-match entertainment, and most importantly, ALL LIVE.

Now it's 2005, and Perth only gets the NRL Grand Final, and it's on delayed at about 11pm - which, sadly, is the best timeslot League gets in Perth all year. It usually starts with the teams running out, then the national anthem, then the game itself.

To see the game live over here, I get a group of mates and family together, and we go to a pub with a big-screen and the ABC Asia Pacific tv network. All day on the various radio stations here, pubs advertise that they're showing the 'rugby' Grand Final live. Every time I've been, the place has been packed to the rafters with League fans.

I hate Ch9 so very very much. Bastards.