What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

footy show Logie!

Sun_Down

Juniors
Congratulations boys, but your are still an embarrassment to our game! But its getting better I guess. Better than last year

driftout

Juniors
The NRL Footy Show's ratings are the worst in its history. As was stated in a previous post , they were getting thrashed by the Amazing Race and copping a lot of criticism in the press & on radio . Usually they don't even bother going to the Logies , but this year they made a big deal about going on last week's show . There's little doubt that this is a stunt by channel nine to try and claw back ratings points. The show has the odd good story , but the majority of it is rubbish.

It was better when Roach & Hadley were on the panel...at least they could express an opinion and weren't afraid of stepping on anyone's toes. One of the few funny moments on the show happened years ago when Steve Roach set up Paul Sironen in a candid camera fashion by pretending to have Sironen's car stolen...Sironen's reaction was priceless.

Mr Saab

Referee
how does it win a logie for best sports program when it has the least amount of sports coverage out of all the nominees?
Logies? about as much cred as dally m award.

Razor

Coach
how does it win a logie for best sports program when it has the least amount of sports coverage out of all the nominees?

Obviously you've never watched the AFL Footy Show?

Mr Saab

Referee
i have watched he AFL show many times and it craps over the NRL version many times over as far as sport content is concerned.
I agree with Driftout....the logie was a massive scam in that fatty hyped up their appearance, more so than what he did in the past.
Hopefully Reg made an appearance.

ibeme

First Grade
Give me the NRL footy show over the AFL one any day.

At least the guys on the NRL show don't take themselves too seriously, and more often than not they're having a laugh at their own expense. Daredevil Dudes is one of the funniest things on TV. If you can't laugh at the vomitron then you take life and football too seriously.

From what I've seen of the AFL show, it's a bunch of egocentric fools who seriously think they're gods gift to the world. They seem to spend more time in the beauty salon getting their hair done than preparing for the show. They spend most of the show trying to outwit each other, whilst failing miserably to outwit a garbage bin.

I know AFL people who much prefer the NRL version for these reasons.

Anyone who thinks that they're an embarassment to the game need to realise just how much they've done to promote the game over the years. Their show has attracted audiences who have never had any interest in league before.

Congratulations to them. The viewing audience has spoken.

gaterooze

Bench
The AFL Footy Show just won a "Boozie", the award given by an Drug & Alcohol association for the TV show which most promotes misuse of alcohol in an irresponsible way.

Seriously.

What does Fat Pat have to say about that?

Lynchie

Juniors
For the footy show to win a logie is excellent. But it also gives people a chance to give that shocking reporter Rebecca Wilson a serving for the article she wrote on them a few weeks ago saying how boring and aweful the show was.

Good on ya boys! ;-)

Snoop Shark

First Grade
REBECCA WILSON IS A CO*KHEAD.
She has nothing. The Sunday Tele sport gossip section has'nt been as boring as it is in 10 years. I wish they'd give her the flick :twisted:

roosterboy60

Juniors
I think The Footy Show has improved over the past few weeks with more Footy content. I like the show, even if it's not all Footy.

Dani

Immortal
driftout said:
The NRL Footy Show's ratings are the worst in its history. As was stated in a previous post , they were getting thrashed by the Amazing Race and copping a lot of criticism in the press & on radio .

its been the same case down here with the AFL footy show

Surandy

Bench
gaterooze said:
The AFL Footy Show just won a "Boozie", the award given by an Drug & Alcohol association for the TV show which most promotes misuse of alcohol in an irresponsible way.

Seriously.

What does Fat Pat have to say about that?

I doubt if Fat Pat will even mention it. The AFL Footy Show will probably be proud of winning the Boozie.

taipan

Referee
I watched parts of the Logies boreathon,talk about them trying to push the AFL on occasions,with egohead Mcguire,and a fair run on AFL shots in a pre amble to the sports award won by the car racing boys.
I am not a fan of the NRL footy show,however I am glad they won for the following reasons:
1) to give the one fingered salute to fast Eddie McGuire who spends the best part of his life bagging the NRL..
2) because the show was held in Melbourne,again it sticks it up the audience with an AFL bent.
3) It gives a big serve to Rebecca Wilson who bagged the show,has anyone seen her show on AFL couples on pay TV :lol: :lol: :lol:
Its called karma bekky :clap:

simostorm

Bench
All the idiots have to do at the Nrl show, is stop dribbling there sponsors for so freakin long and...

Get rid of:
Daredevil Dudes -boring rubbish, overactors.
beat the boys-waste of tv space.
beam me up-what shit is this????
no talent time-shite week after week

4 big segments that free up alot of time to annalyze each game
and any news or topics, so on.

Girdler should be on more also, bring back there house.

Sun_Down

Juniors
simostorm said:
All the idiots have to do at the Nrl show, is stop dribbling there sponsors for so freakin long and...

Get rid of:
Daredevil Dudes -boring rubbish, overactors.
beat the boys-waste of tv space.
beam me up-what sh*t is this????
no talent time-shite week after week

4 big segments that free up alot of time to annalyze each game
and any news or topics, so on.

Girdler should be on more also, bring back there house.

Oh My God...I cannot agree with you more!!

No Talent Time - MY GOD THIS IS EMBARRASSING

and on teh sponsors...

I hate it when Fat starts laughing or stuffs up when thanking the sponsors! They should consider themselves lucky they even have sponsors after time after time Fatty just makes a joke out of the sponsors...Jeez

Bring on Girds, Stevo, Matty and Vossy...!