What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Footy Show scores miners

supersoniceagle

Juniors
The Nine Network's Footy Show has scored an exclusive with Todd Russell and Brant Webb, the two men who were rescued from a collapsed mine in Beaconsfield, Tasmania, earlier this week.

Nine has confirmed the miners will appear on a special version of The Footy Show to air on 11 May. It is the first time the two men have made a public appearance since their dramatic rescue on Monday morning.

The Footy Show will cross live to a special event held in Beaconsfield to thank the townspeople for their support during the difficult time leading up to the miners' dramatic rescue.

Nine's CEO Eddie McGuire will host the event, joined by football personalities Andrew Voss and Phil Gould and Australian Idol stars Shannon Noll and Lee Harding.

Nugby

Juniors
So effectively, we get a Footy show, hosted by Eddie McGuire, with Shannon Noll instead of 3 day grothe or whoever's playing this year, and a back-drop of a couple hundred AFL supporters.

It could just be worse than normal this week

lockyno1

Post Whore
Nugby said:
So effectively, we get a Footy show, hosted by Eddie McGuire, with Shannon Noll instead of 3 day grothe or whoever's playing this year, and a back-drop of a couple hundred AFL supporters.

As long as it means less Chief I'm all for it!:lol: They are appearing on both the AF/NRL shows this week. Hope the AFL one is awesome as there are some great games this week. I just hope the NRL one focuses on the actual league games rather than some useless City-Country game where Brett Finch and Kidley are the starting halves!:lol:

Mr Saab

Referee
Finch and Gidley...could there be a worst combo in the HISTORY of rep football.
Anyway, this weeks footyshow is for a good cause. Wont be watching it though

McLovin

Staff member
Screw the miners!!! I'll be waiting for Matts half hourly update on his brother...

lockyno1

Post Whore
Mr Saab said:
Finch and Gidley...could there be a worst combo in the HISTORY of rep football.
Anyway, this weeks footyshow is for a good cause. Wont be watching it though

Hard to think of a worse combo and to think that NSW are considering these two hacks for SOO is a joke in itself!:lol: Its a good cause and for the sake of charity can we give Chief up for a night!:lol:

lockyno1

Post Whore
MC84 said:
Screw the miners!!! I'll be waiting for Matts half hourly update on his brother...

Or Chiefs update on whats going on inside Knights camp! FMD he is the worst TV personality let see......EVER!:evil:

wittyfan

Referee
Nugby said:

Shannon Noll is actually a singer. Grothe simply isn't.

ParraDude_Jay

First Grade
I hope the ratings bomb just to spite Eddie McNugget.

These miners will become multi millionaires out of spending two weeks in a hole. They seem like really decent blokes too I doubt they really want all this fuss about them. And stupid Eddie decides to make this into a ratings war with 7 by jumping ahead of them in the "let's hold a tribute for the miners" line. Hopefully there's a ping pong game on Fox Sports or something, it would be more entertaining. Not that the regular Footy Show is much better but at least there's a bit of Footy on it.

Brutus

Referee
Nugby said:

Well as long as there's no Dutch Auction. That is TV at its worst.

Nickeel

Juniors
Which of the guys was a mad Broncos fan?

I remember reading that somewhere and it really surprised me. Are they both Tasmanians? Or was the Broncos fan a 'migrant'?

Nick

Latest posts