What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Footy Show

Jobdog

Live Update Team
Blaze said:
Best footy show in ages. They still need to talk more footy. Going on and on about the knights was disgraceful. They talked about that one game for a while and then one of them will say one sentence about each of the rest of the games.

And I wish Chief would stop talking
Well the Knights/Cowboys game is the biggest game of the weekend after all. If the Roosters/Broncos game wasn't always a Good Friday game, then the Knights/Cowboys game would have been. Even if I say so myself ;-)

parra pete

Referee
Iafeta said:
Brian Carney is classic!

I watched the first half of the show, I found his segment with Matty Johns one of the funniest things in years.

You must be a Kiwi!!!, Easily pleased....

hrundi99

First Grade
Iafeta said:
Brian Carney is classic!

I watched the first half of the show, I found his segment with Matty Johns one of the funniest things in years.

Yeah that and Reg at the MTV awards was hilarious.

Whats Doing

Bench
It's evitable that the higher placed teams gets more coverage. This happens whether in all media whether its the news, papers or sports shows. Its reality as it draws higher ratings.

Carney was a classic and hope he gets more gigs on the show.

El Diablo

Post Whore
Whats Doing said:
It's evitable that the higher placed teams gets more coverage. This happens whether in all media whether its the news, papers or sports shows. Its reality as it draws higher ratings.

Carney was a classic and hope he gets more gigs on the show.

not true

the Knights ot the spoon last year but were frequently mentioned by their cheer squad on TFS.

I didn't think it was too bad really, obviously some improvements should be made but all in all it was an ok show.

1: Brian Carney was great... he seemed a bit nervous at times, but if that went he'd be awesome on the show. They should look to using him full time instead of Chief, if they can somehow manage it.

2: Benji Marshall... every now and then he comes out with something funny, but otherwise he just stutters through everything and eventually spits out some cliche, twice. I don't get why everyone thinks he has TV potential, I don't think I've ever seen him say a complete sentence properly.

3: The 5 questions thing reminded me a bit of those good American sports shows like PTI and Around The Horn... they should do ALOT more of that, only ban Chief from participating. How can someone talk so much but really have nothing to say?

4: Teach Fatty to read an autocue, jesus.

5: Get rid of Mario's bits, reserve Reg's spot for awards shows and things like that. No one cares what some fat woman on the street thinks.

So yeah wasn't a bad show, I just wish they'd get a bit more serious about the league stuff... and that doesn't mean extended explanations of why they think Andrew Johns is the greatest player of all time.

wittyfan

Referee
gunnamatta bay said:
Carney's a winger so how come his nose is splattered all over his face?

He looks like he had another life playing prop in rugby. And with the shoes, and the shirt and tie, he's one classy guy! :lol:

wittyfan

Referee
Citizen.Eras3d said:
2: Benji Marshall... every now and then he comes out with something funny, but otherwise he just stutters through everything and eventually spits out some cliche, twice. I don't get why everyone thinks he has TV potential, I don't think I've ever seen him say a complete sentence properly.

Benji also sometimes gets these funny looks on his face with his eyes and forehead. It's probably nerves, but it's something he should be told not to do if he wants a career in TV.

wittyfan said:
Benji also sometimes gets these funny looks on his face with his eyes and forehead. It's probably nerves, but it's something he should be told not to do if he wants a career in TV.

I don't know if you or anyone noticed, but during the quiz thing there were times where he genuinely looked pissed off :? it was a bit strange, I thought he was going to storm out or something.

Carlito

Juniors
Reg: So are you enjoying life out here with your family?
Ashlee Simpson: Yeah it's really great
Reg: ...HOW'S OJ?!?!

jamesgould

Juniors
Citizen.Eras3d said:
I don't know if you or anyone noticed, but during the quiz thing there were times where he genuinely looked pissed off :? it was a bit strange, I thought he was going to storm out or something.

He was taking it serious alright, but I would probably be the same in his shoes, what's the point of playing if not to win?

He also somehow got gipped out of $200 at the end!

Latest posts