What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Footy Show?

Tom Shines

First Grade
No, I thought the AFL show got the Logie.
But after all, this are the same awards that say that Rove McManus is the best TV personality, so I don't think they are exactly credible.

^ What he said.

kooriguy

Juniors
i cant believe this blasphemy take it back paul vautin is a god, up there with pharlap and the blue cattle dog as far as aussie icons go.

kooriguy

Juniors
rabbs said:
Kooriguy obviously didn't go to english classes

actually i am a student teacher now teaching english and history i just dont feel the need to worry about spelling or grammer in a forum. :shock:

shaggy

Juniors
looks like gaz is going to be on the footy show alot since hes not really goin to have much else to do now,

agree with the rove comment, the guy is horrible

i like the afl system with the 3 guest hosts changin every week, the league version did it when blocker, ray & chris johns left

fatty has to go, he has been tellin the same jokes for the whole time hes been on the show, their seems to be huge support for reg, seriously though how fast did that get old, we get it u like the biff, u think joey is over rated with a big ass & a bit gay, matty knows footy, just cut the characters matt

fat & chief to go, bring back sterlo & rotate the fourth host

i think the nrl show won over the aussie rules show, is because the aussie rules guys were gettin sick of eddie and were voting for other quality soorts programs which are in the category, id expect either the afl show or another a general sports show to win this year

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
If i want to watch the serious stuff there is plenty on offer

The thing i enjoy about the show is getting to see the players out of the usual interview environment, answering standard quesitons with standard answers, and to see their personalities and see different sides of them as they have a bit of fun.

Also enjoy seeing the stories about the players visiting the sick or disabled kids and giving them the day of their lives. Like the amount of money they raise for the charities as well, which is well into the thousands and helps a hell of a lot of people, and that money is raised mainly due to the fun format of the show, so leave it as it is, and stop bagging it for being what it is, when there is plenty of what you are after already on offer

B.A. Baracus

Juniors
BRING BACK BOOTS 'N ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Even though it had Gus on it - that show was the best of ANY! By far.

Burwood

Bench
Beavers Headgear said:
The Sunday Roast and Sunday Footy Shows are a good start, and some of the 9 pre game stuff is good as well

Except these shows very rarely have any input from the players- it is just a panel of ex-players talking. And recently the Sunday Footy Show has seemed of have started focusing on the games already played- the upcoming Sunday games get very little airtime.

The Footy Show has completely lost the plot in recent years. It has become more of a variety show than sports show. The AFL Footy Show have found a very good balance between entertainment and information. I don't even follow the AFL, but I still tune into their Footy Show religously each week- that's how good I find the show.

B.A. Baracus

Juniors
Does anyone know why Boots 'n All was even axed BTW?

Or know if it's planned to ever come back??

It's not like they could have already exhausted their stock of old footage to use for stories & so forth!

Tom Shines

First Grade
Burwood said:
Except these shows very rarely have any input from the players- it is just a panel of ex-players talking. And recently the Sunday Footy Show has seemed of have started focusing on the games already played- the upcoming Sunday games get very little airtime.

The Footy Show has completely lost the plot in recent years. It has become more of a variety show than sports show. The AFL Footy Show have found a very good balance between entertainment and information. I don't even follow the AFL, but I still tune into their Footy Show religously each week- that's how good I find the show.
I don't like to admit it, but I do the same... I would watch Amazing Race and Family instead of the NRL Footy Show, and then consciously tune in to the AFL show.
James Brayshaw is so good as host, and the way they always find a way to play that footage of Garry is hilarious... :lol:

Burwood

Bench
Coleman said:
I don't like to admit it, but I do the same... I would watch Amazing Race and Family instead of the NRL Footy Show, and then consciously tune in to the AFL show.
James Brayshaw is so good as host, and the way they always find a way to play that footage of Garry is hilarious... :lol:

One of the highlights from last year

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YDXL57gN5cM
:lol:

lockyno1

Post Whore
AFL Footy show has a much better setup. Having 3 players on the panel is much better. IMO if they had Fatty, Matty, Sterlo and 3 players that would be a much better setup. Rather we have a imbercile in Harrogan and someone else who is probally worse (Ricketson FFS). The AFL show, and you may hate AFL but it is a much better setup.

Tom Shines

First Grade
But the players they've lined up like Mason, Gasnier, and Ricketson are just so banal and can't string together a sentence without including "Yeah mate", "XYZ for the boys", or "Our c**ks are hard and ready to squirt sauce".
And don't get me started on MG/Chef...

Phillips

Referee
Coleman said:
But the players they've lined up like Mason, Gasnier, and Ricketson are just so banal and can't string together a sentence without including "Yeah mate", "XYZ for the boys", or "Our c**ks are hard and ready to squirt sauce".
And don't get me started on MG/Chef...

:lol:

thats some great work right there, top stuff :thumn

Latest posts