What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2024 Rabbitohs Round 23 - Vs Storm

callmack1

Staff member

Some great shots from inside the captain's run there above! I love how they're doing these stories!

Cody a confirmed in!! That's huge and much needed. Loving Benny's attitude.

callmack1

Staff member

Just saw a headline that said, "Storm ready to unleash after shock loss to Dragons."

Great, just great....

Davvy's 50th game tomorrow night! Hard to believe he's already played 50 given how young he is. But huge congrats to him and this has certainly been a career-best year for him. At least that's something to draw off and I really hope the boys put in for him.

Rabbits20

Immortal
Well here we are Game Day is just about upon us once again this week as we play on Thursday Night back at home at Accor for the first time in 7 weeks back on our home turf as we take on the ladder leading Melbourne Storm. I will be heading out there with Dad. The Storm coming off a rare loss down at their home ground last week and there is no secret the Storm are our biggest bogey side and they’ll be extremely fired up this week and ready to make amends. Just look at their side on paper and their spine it is deadly and I expect them to come out breathing fire. For us well we as we know are coming off 2 losses in a row against Canberra and Cronulla. We haven’t been too good the last few weeks but losing more troops to injury has not helped. At times last week we showed we could hang in there against the Sharks the boys were in the fight. Now we need to come into this game afresh the good news is Cody being cleared to play that’s a boost. When you look at our backline it’s hard to see how we match it with the Storm out wide and where our points come from. Missing Tatola, Arrow and Havili in the pack are big losses that hurt us. It is good to get Shaq back though he will give it all he has. Yes our backs are against the wall we can’t make the 8 but we still have lots to play for we need to focus on finishing the season as best we can Wayne will no doubt be watching for who he wants to keep for the future. We are playing for pride as well and and need to keep putting in effort and showing that resilience we have showed the last 12 weeks having won 6 of those games. No doubt Cookie and Tom want to finish off strongly as well having been such stalwarts for us. Now tomorrow night could be dire but I’ll never give up on Souths!

Now I know it’s a Thursday Night but if you can make it out there please do let’s not abandon our boys during these harder times let’s stick with our boys and be there for them. Looking at the Storm they have a solid pack with workhorses who do their thing and then the spine of Pap, Munster, J. Hughes and Grant feed off the back of that. We can not fall asleep in defence otherwise they’ll catch us out. They are clinical in so many areas as expected being up the top of the ladder they will hurt you we just need to try limit that damage as best as we can. For us it’s about going out there and digging in make the Storm earn it. Come to the game ready to work hard in all areas complete our sets get in the grind hit ‘em in defence and force them into error. Cmon Souths show some enthusiasm and the right attitude. I’m looking forward to getting out there and supporting all our boys and our young lads in Jye Gray, Myers, Moale playing game 50 cmon mate GO DAVEY!!!! I’m hoping Cody can get Murray some quality ball as well to create something or put him into a hole.

Ok not long til the players come out here onto Accor Stadium this Thursday Night. With our Mighty South Sydney Rabbitohs taking on the might of the ladder leading Melbourne Storm. Let’s make sure we give them a massive run for their money tonight. Great to see so much red and green here in the stands tonight let’s make sure everyone at home watching knows this is South Sydney home turf and a South Sydney home game. Show those colours clap ya hands and lets get that South Sydney chant up and going around Accor Stadium here tonight. Lets make plenty of noise to get our boys across that line tonight.

Ok as we look down the tunnel at the Rabbitohs home ground we can see the visitors making their way down the tunnel……. Rabbitohs members Rabbitohs supporters please give a warm South Sydney welcome to the Melbourne Storm…………..

10,9,8,7,6,5,4,3,2,1…………..

OK RABBITOHS MEMBERS AND RABBITOHS SUPPORTERS ITS TIME TO GET ON YOUR FFFFFEEEEEETTTTTTT…. MAKE PLENTY OF NOISE FOR YOUR BOYS HERE THEY COME BACK ONTO HOME TURF YOUR SOUTH SYDNEY RRRAAABBBBIIITTTOOOHHHSSSSS…………

LETS GO RABBITOHS!!!!

SOUTH SYDNEY CLAP CLAP CLAP

BBBBBBBBBBBBBOOOOOO GET EM ONSIDE TODD

BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBOOOOOO HIGH TACKLE SIR

BBBBOOOOOOOO HOW LONG CAN THEY HOLD ON FOR WHERE IS OUR SIX AGAIN

BBBBBBBBBBBBBOOOOOOOOO SECOND EFFORT LEG PULL FLOP BOOOOOOO

CMON TODD PULL THE WHISTLE OUT OF YOUR ARSE WHAT ABOUT REFFING FOR BOTH SIDES

THATS FORWARD THATS A FORWARD PASS BBBBOOOOOOOO CMON TOUCHY WAKE UP BBBBOOOOOOOOOOO

callmack1

Staff member
Good morning to all my fellow Souths members and fans as we wake up on the most special day of the week. That's right, game day is here, and game day is upon us. Tonight, we face just about the biggest challenge in the game right now in facing the Melbourne Storm in some Thursday night Footy out there on our home turf.

Ironically, I've woken up to some pretty stormy conditions outside today. Awful weather with heavy rain and some thunderstorms. I don't know if that's a good omen or not for this game day.

Well, what do you even say about tonight's game? I don't really know what to say. Tonight is going to be one hell of a tough night. We are seriously up against it. About as up against it as you can possibly get. To be honest, I think a loss is near certain with just a matter of deciding by how much. It really sucks saying stuff like this on a game day because we should be all pumped up, the South Sydney spirit running through us and we should be up for it ready to compete. But it's just not that year in 2024, and it's just not that time.

I think even the most staunch and passionate of supporters like us can admit that in all likelihood, tonight is not going to be pretty. The Storm are first on the ladder and they are there for a reason. There's no doubt about it that they've been the best side all year and have looked near unbeatable at times. They're a juggernaut at the moment. Lead by one of the top three coaches in the game, they have one hell of a side full of quality and rep or potential rep talent in just about every position. They literally have strike everywhere. The main ones to watch out for tonight though will of course be Paps, Anderson (who is playing outstanding at the moment), their halves pairing of Munster and Hughes (which is just about the best pairing in the comp) and Harry Grant of course. That's where most of their strike comes from with, I think, Munster and Hughes being the key. Shutting them down is a must for us tonight but that's easier said than done. On top of all that, they boast one of the best and biggest packs in the game that will steamroll most teams. Kamikamica and NAS are particularly scary. It's a crazy good team that you just know aren't going to give us anything tonight.

The prospect of facing them today is made even scarier by the fact that they are coming off a shock loss last week. That doesn't bode well for us as they'll be extremely fired up and desperate to get back in the winner's circle. Bellamy would have whipped them all week and they're going to come into tonight absolutely ready to unleash and make a big statement.

So, all this equates to what looks like a very tough evening for our team. In all likelihood, if Melbourne just turn up and play maybe 70-80% of their capabilities, they win and win easily. But you know what? That's the funny thing about sport, Rugby League especially, you just never know. At the end of the day, it's just 13 men vs 13 men out there on the field and anything can happen. That's the attitude we have to channel tonight if we are any hope of this not being a thrashing. We're huge outsiders, but that's what Souths often thrive on. To be honest, I don't care what the scoreline is tonight, I just want to see our boys go out there and put some pride in that mighty Red and Green jersey. Channel that South Sydney spirit, and just put in the effort. We're never going to outgun the Storm with all the guys we have out, and with the depleted side we have, but we can somewhat out enthuse them and put in the effort. That's all I want to see tonight. I want to see some fight and no one giving in. Do that, and you never know what might happen.

Cody back is a big in for us. He will lead us in attack and make our strike a little better and more organised, that's got to count for something. We need a big one from him tonight. However, that also means that Cody is going to be heavily targeted, and they'll rush him, so I hope we have a plan B for that. We also need a big one from our pack. I'm calling on them to stand up and not be run over.

It's strange this one. Now that's it's game day, I know this isn't going to be pretty and we won't get close to the Storm, but I kind of feel spirited and I don't know why. I feel really up for this and passionate. Honestly, I don't know why because that feeling will be wiped away pretty quick. But I just feel keen and really up for this. God, I hope the Storm feel the same.

Whatever happens tonight, thrashing or not, I love my team, I love my club, and I am proud to say I'm a Souths member and bleed Red and Green until the day I die.

Let's f**king goooooo Souths!!!!!!

Glory, Glory.